Author Topic: Al Horford  (Read 9347 times)

Re: Al Horford
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Love Horford as a player but do not want him. What's he going to blow out next from the steroids he us using, both biceps, both deltoids, both triceps, both quads? No thanks!!!

Personally, I am not seeing it. I am sure banned substances are prevelant in all 4 sports, but if there was anyone in the NBA on the "stuff", Al Horford certainly wouldn't be my first guess.

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 09:16:37 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Horford is a nice player, and the Hawks are making the playoffs even without him. But, come on - what that team desperately needs is a center - Horford's position. I can't see it being worth it for us to cough up the players and draft picks necessary to get him to our team.

We would probably have to pay the Hawks something like what we would have to pay the Bulls to get Joakim Noah. And I would rather have Noah, if we were going to do that.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Horford is a nice player, and the Hawks are making the playoffs even without him. But, come on - what that team desperately needs is a center - Horford's position. I can't see it being worth it for us to cough up the players and draft picks necessary to get him to our team.

We would probably have to pay the Hawks something like what we would have to pay the Bulls to get Joakim Noah. And I would rather have Noah, if we were going to do that.

I bet we could pay less for Horford -- Noah's about to win DPOY.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Love Horford as a player but do not want him. What's he going to blow out next from the steroids he us using, both biceps, both deltoids, both triceps, both quads? No thanks!!!

Nick, that's a baseless comment.

You are aware that there are all sorts of steroids that effect the body differently and do different things to the body, right? Two pictures where one is a pic of Horford in college with a ton of baby fat on him and another where he is sleeked down while with the Hawks and could have been taken while he was in a down cycle of the roids, proves nothing.

The brittleness of his pectorals where they both completely tore speaks volumes however.

It also doesn't help that the NBA is the most lax professional league in the world when it comes to PED use.

You can believe what you wish. I respect that but I believe there is enough evidence to support my claim.

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

You are aware that there are all sorts of steroids that effect the body differently and do different things to the body, right? Two pictures where one is a pic of Horford in college with a ton of baby fat on him and another where he is sleeked down while with the Hawks and could have been taken while he was in a down cycle of the roids, proves nothing.

The brittleness of his pectorals where they both completely tore speaks volumes however.

It also doesn't help that the NBA is the most lax professional league in the world when it comes to PED use.

You can believe what you wish. I respect that but I believe there is enough evidence to support my claim.

Personally, I assume that no one's using PED's until they get caught -- which is a holdover from loving baseball during the 90's, I think.

I would say that the NFL is significantly more relaxed when it comes to drug testing than the NBA overall, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 10:07:18 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I wish I could have that stance regarding who is taking steroids, DOS but I am a bit of a cynical ass, which probably is no surprise to regular posters here on Celticsblog. So when I see injuries that are usually associated with steroid use, I assume that player is on steroids.

I think back to Nomar's ruptured tendons that he had. Steroid induced injury and as much as I adored Nomar, I have to believe he was using.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Nick, I'm well aware of the different type of steroids. What you're suggesting is that Horford was cycling tren, winstrol, or some other form of low water retention steroid and the photo was an image of him on his post-cycle where he was in midst of taking clomid, HCG, etc. However, you're really grasping at straws and making wild assumptions based on what was unfortunate injuries.

Perhaps Horford's body is prone to pectoral injuries. Perhaps he's not stretching and warming up his upperbody adequately. Perhaps the micro tears caused by his chest workouts are making him vulnerable for sudden movements while on the court. The fact is that everyone is created differently and different people are more prone to certain types of injuries than others. To blindly suggest that the injuries were caused by drugs, without any tangible information or evidence to support it, borders on ignorance.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The last few words of that post aren't necessary and I'm pretty sure they are against site rules.

I have that opinion. There's been a ton of speculation regarding the reason behind two such injuries happening, including the theory of PED use. How about we leave it at that.

You have your opinion. I have mine. No reason to suggest that I am ignorant.

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The last few words of that post aren't necessary and I'm pretty sure they are against site rules.

I have that opinion. There's been a ton of speculation regarding the reason behind two such injuries happening, including the theory of PED use. How about we leave it at that.

Maybe the definition of it (forming an opinion based on an overall lack of knowledge) is more subtle. That said, I do apologize if the word offended you. At the same time many people read this blog and you spewing misinformation could cause some to view it as fact, which is how you made it sound. I don't think that's fair either.

What's he going to blow out next from the steroids he us using, both biceps, both deltoids, both triceps, both quads? No thanks!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 12:23:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Maybe the definition of it (forming an opinion based on an overall lack of knowledge) is more subtle. That said, I do apologize if the word offended you. At the same time many people read this blog and you spewing misinformation could cause some to view it as fact, which is how you made it sound. I don't think that's fair either.

What's he going to blow out next from the steroids he us using, both biceps, both deltoids, both triceps, both quads? No thanks!!!

Wether Nicks statement is true or not, it's his opinion and posting it is what these boards are about. If anyone reads these boards and believes half the stuff we all post , then they have major issues.

Calling a fellow poster ignorant and his opinion as a false statement is unnecessary and offensive. You then followed it up with another backhanded offense disguised as an apology.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I can't help how posters read my posts. When I cite a fact I back it up with proof. When I do anything else, its an opinion. Posters post this way on the blog every day.

I can't change the way posters read things into opinions, the same way I can't change you writing slightly hostile, passive aggressively insulting posts when responding to something I write.

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Lets see the evidence. 

Real evidence. 

Otherwise, it is a statement with out facts that could easily be fit into the the description of ignorance. 

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 12:34:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Lets see the evidence. 

Real evidence. 

Otherwise, it is a statement with out facts that could easily be fit into the the description of ignorance.

It's an opinion. Are we not allowed to post opinions anymore? If so then the activity on these boards should drop tremendously.

Almost every post made is a statement without facts.

For the record, I disagree with nicks opinion, I don't think Horford uses any banned substances, but I do see him as highly injury prone , which is all that matters IMO.

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Lets see the evidence. 

Real evidence. 

It's an opinion. Are we not allowed to post opinions anymore? If so then the activity on these boards should drop tremendously.

Almost every post made is a statement without facts.

For the record, I disagree with nicks opinion, I don't think Horford uses any banned substances, but I do see him as highly injury prone , which is all that matters IMO.

I want to see the answer to this comment

I believe there is enough evidence to support my claim.

If you are going to throw it out there, back it up with real facts.

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 12:45:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
While I know of no facts, if I were a GM, I would be very concerned with these type of injuries, and would not be unreasonable in speculating whether or not the guy was juicing.