Author Topic: Al Horford  (Read 9345 times)

Al Horford
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Not sure if it's possible, but would love to get this guy.

High energy, good scorer, tough defender and rebounder.

Any chance the Celts could land Al Horford?

Re: Al Horford
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
with the assets we have, we can land almost anyone if we are willing to pay enough. I'm sure Ainge can get Horford if he coughs up enough of our assets.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If Atlanta decided to blow it up, I think Boston has a strong offer to make.

But it doesn't look like Atlanta want to do that. I expect them to continue to rebuild around Horford. I don't see him going anywhere for the time-being.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
The ONLY chance we might have of getting Big Al II is if they deem him a health risk now.

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:16:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
The ONLY chance we might have of getting Big Al II is if they deem him a health risk now.

Smitty77

Taking his health into consideration is important; he's missed major time in two of the last three seasons. If he's fully healed, though, he'd be a great piece to build around.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Horford is obviously awesome and, if we decide to keep Rondo, he would be a great fit with this roster; however, if Danny strikes out this summer on landing an all-star type, I would prefer to go for someone like Cousins (obviously) or even Monroe to better align the ages of our players.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Horford is obviously awesome and, if we decide to keep Rondo, he would be a great fit with this roster; however, if Danny strikes out this summer on landing an all-star type, I would prefer to go for someone like Cousins (obviously) or even Monroe to better align the ages of our players.

I am confused.  Horford is 27 and Rondo is 28.  How would we NOT be aligning the ages?

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 11:20:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

But it doesn't look like Atlanta want to do that. I expect them to continue to rebuild around Horford. I don't see him going anywhere for the time-being.

I agree. Horford and Milsap played great together and are 29 and 28. They complimented each other well. The Hawks were a real tough team early on this season. When Horford ripped that pec, Milsap put that team on his back and they won more games than they should've because of him.

Teague, Lou Williams and even Demarre Carroll were playing well. Korver off the bench. Ayon even was contributing before he was injured. Schroeder needs more time, but will be something.

Horford will cost us far too much . Hawks are one good wing away from being a contender, especially in the weak LEast.

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 11:31:17 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Atlanta's already blown it up in a way, though - Joe Johnson and Josh Smith are both gone.  I think they're looking to make Horford their Rondo.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 12:05:44 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I don't know that I would trade the future for Horoford.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 05:04:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't know that I would trade the future for Horoford.

If we trade for Horford, it has to be with a win now mentality. Trading for him should be just step 1 of a few more moves to build a contending team.

My concern is how much do we have to give up, and will we have enough for one or two more moves to surround Horford and (I assume) Rajon some more talent.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 06:41:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we are more than one player away from winning now.   Horford is only a minor upgrade to Sully.   He can't protect the rim either.   You must want us to pick in the mid teens for the next three years.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 07:47:13 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Love Horford as a player but do not want him. What's he going to blow out next from the steroids he us using, both biceps, both deltoids, both triceps, both quads? No thanks!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 07:57:33 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Love Horford as a player but do not want him. What's he going to blow out next from the steroids he us using, both biceps, both deltoids, both triceps, both quads? No thanks!!!

Nick, that's a baseless comment.

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 08:05:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I agree with most that Horford probably isn't going anywhere. But Monroe could definitely be a legit possibility. Now that Dumars is no longer the GM, that whole Detroit team could be blown up minus Drummond (and who knows, maybe he could be had as well.)