Author Topic: Miami Heat and their EC playoff path to the Finals  (Read 7678 times)

Miami Heat and their EC playoff path to the Finals
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
is it me or did Miami just get an easier path to the Eastern Conference finals by avoiding the Chi/Brooklyn winner in the 2nd round? anyone agree?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:43:05 PM by heyvik »

Re: Miami Heat and their EC playoff path to the Finals
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:45:45 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think for the Heat any path is easy until they reach a Western conference team.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
And to add. Miami could still face Chicago in the second round if the Bulls win and Raptors lose tonight.

*according to NBA.com (I still was under the impression that since the Raptors won the Atlantic they can finish no lower than third)

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
is it me or did Miami just get an easier path to the Eastern Conference finals by avoiding the Chi/Brooklyn winner in the 2nd round? anyone agree?
Not really.

Toronto has been playing as well as Chicago/BKN for the last bit of the season.

Also while its unlikely Toronto isn't locked into the 3 seed, they could lose to the Knicks Wednesday.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
And to add. Miami could still face Chicago in the second round if the Bulls win and Raptors lose tonight.

*according to NBA.com (I still was under the impression that since the Raptors won the Atlantic they can finish no lower than third)

No lower than 4th, but HCA still goes the the team with the best record
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

No lower than 4th, but HCA still goes the the team with the best record

Gotcha, that's it. TP for the clarification.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
I would have loved to see a Brooklyn/Miami 2nd round match up.

I think the way that Indiana is playing and the way that Brooklyn is playing we might see Indiana knocked out vs Brooklyn (or Chi)

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

I think the way that Indiana is playing and the way that Brooklyn is playing we might see Indiana knocked out vs Brooklyn (or Chi)
i believe that if BKN loses its next two games and Wiz beat us tomorrow (which they have incentive to do to stay out of the 7 seed) then Wiz would own TB with BKN and BKN could drop to the 6th seed which would be better for our pick as well as be a hindrance to the Heat...wouldnt BKN prefer to play the cHeat?  maybe they should sit a few guys

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

i believe that if BKN loses its next two games and Wiz beat us tomorrow (which they have incentive to do to stay out of the 7 seed) then Wiz would own TB with BKN and BKN could drop to the 6th seed which would be better for our pick as well as be a hindrance to the Heat...wouldnt BKN prefer to play the cHeat?  maybe they should sit a few guys

Yeah so be rooting hard for the Knicks tonight.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 03:40:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Just saw on ESPN scroll Pierce, Johnson & Williams are all game time decisions with various ailments.

Haha! Would laugh my but off it Brooklyn tries to back their way into Miami's half the bracket.   Ballsy move.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 04:16:02 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
gotta see that matchup every night!

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:31:18 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
Just saw on ESPN scroll Pierce, Johnson & Williams are all game time decisions with various ailments.

Haha! Would laugh my but off it Brooklyn tries to back their way into Miami's half the bracket.   Ballsy move.
and Alan Anderson, Shawn Livingston and Mirza Tel are all out ****

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 05:44:55 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Paths don't matter (barring injuries). If you can't beat a team in the 1st or 2nd round, you can't beat them in the Conference Finals.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:33 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
Paths don't matter (barring injuries). If you can't beat a team in the 1st or 2nd round, you can't beat them in the Conference Finals.
paths absolutely matter, style of play and individual match ups matter , you think it wouldn't be any more difficult to go through Indiana AND BKN as opposed to another east team? Bkn who beat the heat all 4 games this year and are not in any way intimidated by the heat! do u think rest is important? even if bkn gets it to a 6 or 7 game series as opposed to a 5, u think Miami wouldn't prefer that?  (with all the rest they are trying to get dwade?  pleeeeeeaaase, Miami is sitting their guys these last two games, either they think rest is important or that they'd prefer to avoid BKN , take your pick.... or maybe it's both.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:19:27 PM by matteo »

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 12:16:54 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
paths absolutely matter, style of play and individual match ups matter , you think it wouldn't be any more difficult to go through Indiana AND BKN as opposed to another east team? Bkn who beat the heat all 4 games this year and are not in any way intimidated by the heat! do u think rest is important? even if bkn gets it to a 6 or 7 game series as opposed to a 5, u think Miami wouldn't prefer that?  (with all the rest they are trying to get dwade?  pleeeeeeaaase, Miami is sitting their guys these last two games, either they think rest is important or that they'd prefer to avoid BKN , take your pick.... or maybe it's both.

Style of play and individual matchups matter but paths don't. You HAVE to win every series no matter who you're playing. If you can't beat BKN in the 2nd round, do you even deserve to be champions? You face whoever you're up against, you beat them and you win the championship (you have no control over these easy or hard paths, you just have to WIN).

Are you also saying a few days of rest decides a 7 game series? I don't think so. Didn't work for the Spurs last year after they swept the Grizz in 4 games while the Heat had to battle for 7 games vs Indy. Every series starts from scratch. The only extended rest you get is before Game 1. After game 1, it's all up in the air again, no more extra rest for one team over the other.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk