Author Topic: Another crazy idea?  (Read 7522 times)

Re: Another crazy idea?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 02:55:57 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
not so crazy, but I like :)

if we don't get a top 3 pick, I would trade Sully for Noel. Kelly and Noel looks like a great big man duo. A scorer and a defensive player.

Always loved Smart, very D.Wade like imo, and Bradley off the bench

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 03:04:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Too many of you are talking about this like it's an actual plausible idea.  Sully isn't a prospect on that level, unfortunately.  Noel's best case is another Anthony Davis.   Sully's best case is Carlos Boozer.

Not happening.  Philly will have two ROY candidates next season they intend to build around... Noel + one of the Top 3 2014 picks + MKG.  That's their future.  There's no reason for them to trade NOel at this point. 

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 03:22:31 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Too many of you are talking about this like it's an actual plausible idea.  Sully isn't a prospect on that level, unfortunately.  Noel's best case is another Anthony Davis.   Sully's best case is Carlos Boozer.

Not happening.  Philly will have two ROY candidates next season they intend to build around... Noel + one of the Top 3 2014 picks + MKG.  That's their future.  There's no reason for them to trade NOel at this point.

Noel is nowhere near as good as Anthony Davis his ceiling is probably Larry Sanders which is fine just not a franchise player like Davis is.

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:47 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
You could also go this route (which would be even crazier.)

Celts get
Michael Carter Williams
Nerlens Noel
Jason Richardson's expiring contract
Thaddeus Young
Philly's 2014 #1st rd pick

Sixers get
Rondo
Wallace
Sullinger
Bass
Celtics 2014 #1st rd pick

I wouldn't necessarily do this as it would likely mean the Celts are going to be doing a long-term rebuild but I guess it's an idea.

I've heard that after this season, Philly will have alot of cap space so maybe as part of this deal, they lock up Rondo to a very lucrative contract.

Why would the Sixers want to do that trade? You're expecting them to trade the only truly legitimate NBA players on their team AND their likely better pick for a package of four Celtics rotation players who weren't good enough to get the Celtics to the playoffs and a worse pick?  That move is in direct contradiction of everything Philly's done since the Jrue Holiday trade.

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Noel is nowhere near as good as Anthony Davis his ceiling is probably Larry Sanders which is fine just not a franchise player like Davis is.

Yeah, I think it will be hard for him to reach Davis' level.  He doesn't seem to have the offensive skills.

However, Larry Sanders with his head on straight could be a very valuable player. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Roy,

I totally agree with your thoughts on Larry Sanders.  In many ways, he is what we need most!!!  I would do some intense interviews prior to trading for him however!!

Smitty77

Yeah, I think it will be hard for him to reach Davis' level.  He doesn't seem to have the offensive skills.

However, Larry Sanders with his head on straight could be a very valuable player.

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 12:03:30 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

He was the sixth pick in what everyone seems to think was one of the weakest drafts in recent memory.  He missed his entire rookie season due to injury.

I don't think he's quite seen as on the rarefied level that you have placed him. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 03:10:15 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If they drafted Embiid, I would expect them to keep Noel and wait at least a season or two before deciding that they like one guy and want to trade the other.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference