Author Topic: Another crazy idea?  (Read 7524 times)

Re: Another crazy idea?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 08:29:05 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
No way the Sixers trade Noel for Sully straight up.

Wut!? Am I missing something? I'm disagreeing with Who!?

For sure, in terms of fit, IN THEORY, Noel + Olynyk looks very very nice. Especially when Olynyk's coming off a monster night and is worming his way towards the Dirk end of the spectrum rather than the Scalabrine end.

But Nerlens Noel hasn't played a single game in the NBA, is coming off an injury and slid in the draft. People are questioning whether he's even starting caliber in the NBA with his skinny frame and rawness on offense.

Sullinger is a player. He's shown he not only belongs, he could be a force. He would have been a lottery pick in the deep 2011 (iirc) draft given a re-do.

If anything they should be giving us additional assets.

If anything we could trade up to draft Cauley-Stein with our BKN/ATL pick.

No way the C's trade Suly for Noel straight up.

Edit: Okay, Cauley-Stein seems to have shown to be a bad pick from what I've been reading.

But otherwise I still stand by my post.

No way Sully is worth less than Noel.
I agree with you.  Noel is unproven and coming off an injury.  Sully has proven he's a player and probably starter-quality.  Sully's injury is behind him (literally and figuratively)  but Noel hasn't shown he's recovered yet nor that he can handle the rigors of an NBA season.  Philly should be sending us a little something extra, not the other way around.  (I'm not for the trade but from a 'fit' standpoint, I understand why this would be appealing)

As for WCS -- Fab 2.0.   I'll pass on him.

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 09:02:54 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
You could also go this route (which would be even crazier.)

Celts get
Michael Carter Williams
Nerlens Noel
Jason Richardson's expiring contract
Thaddeus Young
Philly's 2014 #1st rd pick

Sixers get
Rondo
Wallace
Sullinger
Bass
Celtics 2014 #1st rd pick

I wouldn't necessarily do this as it would likely mean the Celts are going to be doing a long-term rebuild but I guess it's an idea.

I've heard that after this season, Philly will have alot of cap space so maybe as part of this deal, they lock up Rondo to a very lucrative contract.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:10:00 AM by gpap »

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 09:15:36 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Better than the Mozgov one.  :)

Although I'm reluctant to give up Sully for a guy who hasn't even played a single minute in the NBA. But Boston need a rim protector and Noel can do that. Although, if I'm Philly, I say no.

You do?  Even if you get Joel Embiid?
Yes. They don't need to do this trade. Young isn't 3 and he's probably a better player than Sully right now. They'd be better off just drafting Wiggins or Parker and keeping Noel. And both teams would probably ask for more from either side.

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 09:26:23 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Better than the Mozgov one.  :)

Although I'm reluctant to give up Sully for a guy who hasn't even played a single minute in the NBA. But Boston need a rim protector and Noel can do that. Although, if I'm Philly, I say no.

You do?  Even if you get Joel Embiid?
Yes. They don't need to do this trade. Young isn't 3 and he's probably a better player than Sully right now. They'd be better off just drafting Wiggins or Parker and keeping Noel. And both teams would probably ask for more from either side.

Thadeus Young is a tweener who I feel is better suited to play the three than the four. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:01:27 AM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I like it.

That makes me happy.

Me too  ;D

Like it but I think we'd have to add a future first.

I guess I'd be willing to throw in a future first if needed.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 09:30:38 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd be willing to consider it, but I don't think I'd go for it before having seen Nerlens play a bit.  Would have to be confident he's healthy now and can still play.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Not gonna lie, I like this idea. A lot. I dont think Philly just does Sully for Noel but maybe if we throw in Bogans expiring and a future first? If we did this trade then we have a lot of options.

Rondo
AB
Jeff
Randle
Noel

or maybe ( we get lucky)

Rondo
Wiggins
Jeff
Bass/Kelly
Noel

Theres a lot of good options. I understand Noel's injury is scary but in college he showed his talents as a rim protector which we desperately need. Buy low before his stock drastically rises. Having the C position locked up would be so nice. Plus tell me how awesome it would be for Boston boy Noel to play for his dream team.

Just dont give up the our 2014 first or the 18th pick. I think we can get some awesome talent there. (Stauskas, Warren, Anderson, Capela). Give them the Clippers 2015.

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 10:01:42 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The fact that Philly reportedly has Wiggins ranked ahead of Embiid makes this trade scenario quite remote, no?

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
The fact that Philly reportedly has Wiggins ranked ahead of Embiid makes this trade scenario quite remote, no?

How do we know this?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
We should have traded Rondo for Nerlens when we had the chance in last year's draft.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 10:35:31 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
You could also go this route (which would be even crazier.)

Celts get
Michael Carter Williams
Nerlens Noel
Jason Richardson's expiring contract
Thaddeus Young
Philly's 2014 #1st rd pick

Sixers get
Rondo
Wallace
Sullinger
Bass
Celtics 2014 #1st rd pick

I wouldn't necessarily do this as it would likely mean the Celts are going to be doing a long-term rebuild but I guess it's an idea.

I've heard that after this season, Philly will have alot of cap space so maybe as part of this deal, they lock up Rondo to a very lucrative contract.

I would 100% do this trade. Philly laughs in our face. I think they would rather have MCW over Rondo.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 10:35:37 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We should have traded Rondo for Nerlens when we had the chance in last year's draft.
What makes you think we had that chance?

The Pelicans wanted to win this year. No one who is looking at winning in the short term is going to trade for a guard coming off ACL surgery.

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

The Pelicans wanted to win this year. No one who is looking at winning in the short term is going to trade for a guard coming off ACL surgery.

The fact that they were trying to get Rondo at the deadline by offering the guy they traded Nerlens for.

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 10:54:02 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The fact that they were trying to get Rondo at the deadline by offering the guy they traded Nerlens for.

I do not recall any Jrue Holiday for Rondo rumors.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain