Author Topic: BOS-NO Trade Idea  (Read 2085 times)

BOS-NO Trade Idea
« on: April 14, 2014, 01:46:41 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
I'm just thinking of a little offseason cooking. If no is really desperate to move Gordon I wouldn't mind grabbing him only if we could get rid of Wallace in the deal. Maybe Wallace and green. Maybe s/t Bradley and Wallace? If they really want to move him I would be in to making a deal, maybe he could possibly regain his form and we could move him next summer. Well first off would anyone even be interested in possibly obtaining him? Second if you would what kind of deal would you make?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: BOS-NO Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:39:32 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'm just thinking of a little offseason cooking. If no is really desperate to move Gordon I wouldn't mind grabbing him only if we could get rid of Wallace in the deal. Maybe Wallace and green. Maybe s/t Bradley and Wallace? If they really want to move him I would be in to making a deal, maybe he could possibly regain his form and we could move him next summer. Well first off would anyone even be interested in possibly obtaining him? Second if you would what kind of deal would you make?

i would do it if they add davis, 2 1st round for davis, i'll do that in a heartbeat

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:10:55 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65

i would do it if they add davis, 2 1st round for davis, i'll do that in a heartbeat

you are funny

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:59:21 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I used to be high on Gordon.

After reading someone basically call him a Jeff Green except undersized at the 2 (to paraphrase, they said "Gordon's useless unless he's scoring"), I'm not so sure. I'm under the impression he's a better shot creator than Green with the ability to handle the rock but his numbers suggest similar inefficiencies (presumably because of his lack of size he can't get to the rim as easy).

I'd probably still do Gerald Wallace for Gordon though. But for the same reason I'd do Gerald Wallace for Josh Smith. The Wallace contract is going to eat up space anyway, might as well get something that's more moveable despite a worse contract.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 08:30:30 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I don't want Gordon on the payroll for $15M in two years any more than I want Smith's contract here.

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 09:15:06 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
I don't want Gordon on the payroll for $15M in two years any more than I want Smith's contract here.

Like someone said though 10mil of that is going to be Wallace's contract anyway. I think a 15 mil expiring Gordon down the road would be more attractive than Wallace's 10 mil. And say he does shape himself into form, than all we would have have gave up is Bradley. I'm not a big fan of bringing Bradley back but he would be a good fit in NO.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think we're better off finding value in the draft and elsewhere than taking on a monster contract that will clog us up no matter whether he's good or bad. Gordon was a rising star but hasn't fulfilled the potential. G Wallace's deal is bad but it's only got 2 more years and may be trade-able next summer.