Author Topic: well guess Kevin Love isn't getting traded this summer  (Read 13526 times)

Re: well guess Kevin Love isn't getting traded this summer
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 01:24:09 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That's kind of the problem I have with the idea that the best possible solution is to immediately trade our draft pick away -- I don't think there's a Ray Allen waiting in the wings ( unless you're talking someone like Eric Gordon, maybe New Orleans goes in on Wallace + our 1st for him since they don't have a first rounder? just spitballing), or another Big Ticket.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 04:29:12 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I for one am not really sold on Love and I don't want Melo. 

If those are the only cap-busting options, then if I am DA I wait out the next season and see how this years draft picks develop with Sully, KO, & AB before I sell the ranch on one player.

For what he would cost, I would much prefer Asik to Melo or Love.  However, I agree that we should make our picks and continue to develop our "assets."

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:45 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
melo or love is not what will bring us over the hump

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:40 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
What if after trading for Melo and Asik we somehow set Carlos Boozer off waivers? Rondo-Bradley-Melo-Boozer-Asik is pretty mean, no? 
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
What if after trading for Melo and Asik we somehow set Carlos Boozer off waivers? Rondo-Bradley-Melo-Boozer-Asik is pretty mean, no?

I would really love to watch that team, actually.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Boozer's looked pretty cooked.

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 02:25:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Boozer's looked pretty cooked.

Yeah.  Even if he weren't cooked, I don't think Boozer is a good fit with Melo.

Melo is at his best when he's playing at the 4.  If you're going to play him at the 3, you should at least avoid putting him with slow, lumbering big men who like to set up in the post.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2014, 02:58:44 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Minnesota may not want to trade K-Love this summer ...

But if K-Love comes out and tells them he is leaving next summer anyways, they'll change their minds and be open to trading K-Love before the start of next season.

So the link above is fairly meaningless. This situation can change very quickly.

Quite true.

Plus, quoting Real GM is the equivalent of quoting the National Enquirer.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2014, 04:59:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

But if K-Love comes out and tells them he is leaving next summer anyways, they'll change their minds and be open to trading K-Love before the start of next season.

So the link above is fairly meaningless. This situation can change very quickly.

Quite true.

Coach you are really being fair to such a high quality, reputable periodical that is the National Enquirer by comparing it to Real GM. Real GM is in a category of awful reporting that even the Enquirer doesn't belong in.  :D

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Quite true.

Coach you are really being fair to such a high quality, reputable periodical that is the National Enquirer by comparing it to Real GM. Real GM is in a category of awful reporting that even the Enquirer doesn't belong in.  :D

Realgm is just a site that reports quotes from articles around the country.....

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »

Offline Bingbangbarros

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
^

I wouldn't call Melo a ball-stopper at all. He has averaged over 3 APG for his career and is actually a pretty decent passer. You can't compare his passing numbers to LeBron's just because they are the same position.

Melo is the definition of a "ball stopper"

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2014, 05:57:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
^

I wouldn't call Melo a ball-stopper at all. He has averaged over 3 APG for his career and is actually a pretty decent passer. You can't compare his passing numbers to LeBron's just because they are the same position.

Melo is the definition of a "ball stopper"

Here's an interesting list of players using parameters that I would use to define a player as a 'ball stoppers': over 25% USG and below 15% Assist rate:
http://bkref.com/tiny/q3Fbh

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Quite true.

If there's one things we really agree on it's this.

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2014, 06:37:59 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This only means one thing…..Kevin Love is getting traded this summer.

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2014, 07:21:28 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
 I would put Carmelo roughly in the category of Pierce when we made the KG trade: reputation as a talented, brooding, offensive player who is selfish and doesn't play good defense.   Roughly equivalent on a talent basis.  Remember, when we traded for KG and Ray, we already had Pierce and Rondo. Sure Rondo is better now than he was in 2007, but he is no Chris Paul either.  My point is, even if we get Melo, where is our KG and Ray coming from.  Asik as the guy in the middle running the defense like KG, or shooting from 15-20 feet at an incredible clip like KG? Of course not. We may find the next poor man's Ray in this draft (Stauskas, McDermott?), I concede. But not the next KG.  I am discouraged that we can do anything  close to what Danny did summer of 2007 this off season.  Would rather he develop more young talent in the draft, develop the existing chips, and make dramatic moves in the 2015 off-season.  Or 2016.