Author Topic: well guess Kevin Love isn't getting traded this summer  (Read 13525 times)

well guess Kevin Love isn't getting traded this summer
« on: April 13, 2014, 04:09:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232893/Timberwolves-Plan-To-Be-Active-On-Offseason-Trade-Market
The Minnesota Timberwolves plan to trade for help in the offseason after missing out on the playoffs once again.

Glen Taylor said the Timberwolves won't make a "big" trade.

The Timberwolves mo to 40-39 after beating the Houston Rockets on Friday.

Via Charley Walters/Pioneer Press

Melo or bust now? Or else get ready for a LONG rebuild . I'll take marc Gasol too   ;D

Re: well guess Kevin Love isn't getting traded this summer
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 04:19:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232893/Timberwolves-Plan-To-Be-Active-On-Offseason-Trade-Market
The Minnesota Timberwolves plan to trade for help in the offseason after missing out on the playoffs once again.

Melo or bust now? Or else get ready for a LONG rebuild . I'll take marc Gasol too   ;D

I'm sure they'll listen to offers, although I don't know what will happen.  I don't see Love staying in Minny after next season.  They don't have the resources (cap room, trade assets) to get significantly better next year, and Love will leave that losing team.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 04:34:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Why anyone would want Melo in our current state is beyond me. Say the Knicks give us Melo for our #1 this year, Bass, and Green, where does that really leave us ? Again, muddled in the middle. With no cap room to sign a FA and depending on a 30 year old Melo and a Rondo who still hasn't proven he's quite right following knee surgery. At best we get eliminated in the 2nd rd. To me it's all about titles, not playoff berths, so I'm willing to stay patient and have that patience pay off with lottery pick this year and next.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 04:40:29 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Why anyone would want Melo in our current state is beyond me. Say the Knicks give us Melo for our #1 this year, Bass, and Green, where does that really leave us ? Again, muddled in the middle. With no cap room to sign a FA and depending on a 30 year old Melo and a Rondo who still hasn't proven he's quite right following knee surgery. At best we get eliminated in the 2nd rd. To me it's all about titles, not playoff berths, so I'm willing to stay patient and have that patience pay off with lottery pick this year and next.

Then us the tpe to get asik

Rondo
Bradley
Melo
Sully
Asik

That's a pretty good starting lineup with defense,rebounding and scoring.

You would need to add some shooting, but that is a conference finals contender next year IMO

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Then us the tpe to get asik

Rondo
Bradley
Melo
Sully
Asik

That's a pretty good starting lineup with defense,rebounding and scoring.

You would need to add some shooting, but that is a conference finals contender next year IMO

That team wouldn't beat Indy or Miami. Let's also not forget about Chicago. They'll have Rose coming back and an amnesty to use on Boozer so they can be active in the FA market.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 05:01:52 PM »

Offline CelticRob

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I am not a Melo fan and just don't like his overall game. Don't understand why so many Celtic fans want him but I am not worried because there is no way Ainge will trade for him anyway thankfully. Lot of better ways to rebuild other than Melo and I am sure Ainge will look into as many options as possible but I think he will make a major trade this summer, at the deadline in February, or next summer. He has too many assets not to do something big in the next year or so. The million dollar question is who we get when Ainge makes his next blockbuster trade. It sounds like Wyc is ready for a big trade within the next year or so also.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 05:05:11 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Why anyone would want Melo in our current state is beyond me.

Why anyone wouldn't want Melo on our team is beyond me. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 05:33:36 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Also why would Melo want the Celtics? We have a PG coming off an ACL injury, an undersized SG and PF with injury problems and no C.

But I really think Melo is at the tipping point that with a team with a solid direction, he could really flourish. His career path could be eerily similar to that of Paul Pierce IMO, except on larger platform.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Also why would Melo want the Celtics? We have a PG coming off an ACL injury, an undersized SG and PF with injury problems and no C.

But I really think Melo is at the tipping point that with a team with a solid direction, he could really flourish. His career path could be eerily similar to that of Paul Pierce IMO, except on larger platform.

He seems to want to play with Rondo, so that's something.  That said, I don't see a future with Melo on the Celtics.  New York isn't going to help facilitate a trade to him here without the cost being so high as to not be worth it.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 05:47:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Same here!! The guy is an all-star scorer

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

He seems to want to play with Rondo, so that's something.  That said, I don't see a future with Melo on the Celtics.  New York isn't going to help facilitate a trade to him here without the cost being so high as to not be worth it.

Let's get "The Oak Hill Gang" here.

Pistons want to get rid of Smith, maybe for Green and Bogans. Phil Jackson may like Sully, Bradley and two or three future firsts (not this years).

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 05:54:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Minnesota may not want to trade K-Love this summer ...

But if K-Love comes out and tells them he is leaving next summer anyways, they'll change their minds and be open to trading K-Love before the start of next season.

So the link above is fairly meaningless. This situation can change very quickly.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 06:10:19 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I am not a Melo fan and just don't like his overall game. Don't understand why so many Celtic fans want him but I am not worried because there is no way Ainge will trade for him anyway thankfully. Lot of better ways to rebuild other than Melo and I am sure Ainge will look into as many options as possible but I think he will make a major trade this summer, at the deadline in February, or next summer. He has too many assets not to do something big in the next year or so. The million dollar question is who we get when Ainge makes his next blockbuster trade. It sounds like Wyc is ready for a big trade within the next year or so also.
Second that notion.  I don't want carmelo

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Always did say Love will be a Laker in 2 years and will keep saying it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25

Same here!! The guy is an all-star scorer

i dont think anybody denies that hes one of the best scorers in the game. the problem is hes a ball stopper on offense and outside of 2 Olympics he doesn't play much defense.