Author Topic: What teams are going in the "wrong" direction that are ready to blow it up?  (Read 7637 times)

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I saw Shaq's entire career. I wonder if you ever really watched Drummond play. You're bias against him is puzzling.

Drummond imo is a smarter Dwight Howard.

I don't watch a ton of Detroit games, a game here and a quarter there. He sets up on one post, then he crosses over and sets up on the other post. If he's not cutting and open he generally doesn't see the ball. The stats I saw on synergy sports pretty much confirmed what I saw. So does the player tracking data on nba.com. He touches/possesses  the ball in the front court about 16 times a game. He also averages 5 offensive boards a game. He's probably on the court for 60 or so possessions a game, so on the trips where he doesn't get an offensive rebound he touches the ball once every 5-6 possessions. Even if you count those ORebs he's touching the ball on roughly 1/4 of their offensive possessions. There's no way on the planet Shaq's numbers were ever that low, or that you'd have ever seen a rookie Shaq repeatedly get position on the low post without his teams making an effort to get him the ball.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Detroit is still a year away from seriously second-guessing Drummond.

Too much size and athleticism to risk parting with without more (adverse) information. They'll stay the course for now.

I do completely agree that Drummond is no-sure thing though. He is at roughly the same place DeAndre Jordan was 3-4 years ago. There is no guarantee he can leap from there to an MVP caliber center. One of the least skilled centers in the league. Defensive awareness is lousy too. Lots of work to do. Not even sure he is a top 20 center in the league yet. Borderline.

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Drummond's biggest problems might be the rest of the roster:
  • Another big guy who can only play around the rim.
  • A smaller big guy who is only really effective around the rim, but shoots from everywhere. And who plays SF.
  • A high volume low percentage shoot first point guard.

But the premise for the thread is ok. It might be other players though (Monroe, Chandler, Sanders, Mozgov)

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Well the lakers should have blown it up but extended Kobe and kept Gasol.

Detroit might dump Smith for starters, and go from there.  Hopeful taker for Wallace + ??

NYK will try to rebuild with Melo and hope he keeps them relevant. They need to build value so look for them to try to add players to their pipeline and build their value in limited roles around Melo. They should trade any veteran but Melo.