Author Topic: What teams are going in the "wrong" direction that are ready to blow it up?  (Read 7638 times)

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
There is one Javale McGee trade I'd think about. If rim protector options A, B, C, D, and E all fall through, if Denver would take Wallace for McGee to get out from under the last year of his contact I'd think about it. Still would probably opt for no because, as was mentioned earlier, he's pretty terrible and I can't see him being disciplined enough for the C's defense, but he is tall and can block shots and that doesn't grow on trees.

I agree with this if several other deals for a Center fall through.  Toxic contract for toxic contract and we may have to throw in a second round pick or so which is fine.

I still think it's interesting that many of the bad teams have a solid young center Cousins, Kanter or Favors if you consider both can play center, Sanders, Noel, and Vuvecic.  If one of those teams happens to draft Embiid if it's not us, then their current center could go immediately on the trade block.  It's a very long shot but I would love if the Kings drafted Embiid, and we put a package together with our pick for Cousins.

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Assuming that Detroit ends up sending a first rounder to Charlotte, would anyone consider sending Wallace and the Brooklyn pick to Detroit for Smith?

You could then use the trade exception and sweetener to acquire Asik.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
These are common threads on this forum so I think this needs to be reiterated vigorously:

DETROIT IS NOT TRADING US ANDRE DRUMMOND.  DETROIT IS NOT TRADING US ANDRE DRUMMOND. DETROIT IS NOT TRADING US ANDRE DRUMMOND.

JAVALE MCGEE HAS A TOXIC CONTRACT AND HE'S NOT VERY GOOD.  JAVALE MCGEE HAS A TOXIC CONTRACT AND HE'S NOT VERY GOOD.  JAVALE MCGEE HAS A TOXIC CONTRACT AND HE'S NOT VERY GOOD.

As for the Melo thing . . . eh.  I think he'll stay in New York now that Phil is running things.

So if Detroit does trade Drummond are we allowed to repeatedly yell at you in caps in one of your own threads? 

While I think Drummond is the last player Detroit would want to move, you can't tell me that they wouldnt sit down and seriously think of trading Drummond if they were offered Jabari Parker or Wiggins to play with Monroe and Smith.

Probably not gonna happen, but not worth the condescending attitude given to the OP who just threw it out there.
Greg

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
These are common threads on this forum so I think this needs to be reiterated vigorously:

DETROIT IS NOT TRADING US ANDRE DRUMMOND.  DETROIT IS NOT TRADING US ANDRE DRUMMOND. DETROIT IS NOT TRADING US ANDRE DRUMMOND.

So are you saying that they're definitely keeping all three of Drummond/Monroe/Smith, or that you know which one of them is being traded? If so, who is it? Because when I was watching one of the Celts Pistons games one of the announcers was talking about hearing rumblings that Detroit might be looking to move him. He's a good player, but I don't think he's really the player his stats would lead you to believe.

They'll look to move Monroe first.

Probably. I don't know that Drummond is really untouchable though.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Assuming that Detroit ends up sending a first rounder to Charlotte, would anyone consider sending Wallace and the Brooklyn pick to Detroit for Smith?

You could then use the trade exception and sweetener to acquire Asik.

I can see that happening, and I would be glad to do it. Smith and Asik with Rondo will be a poor shooting team, but a [dang] tough defensive team.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

So are you saying that they're definitely keeping all three of Drummond/Monroe/Smith, or that you know which one of them is being traded? If so, who is it? Because when I was watching one of the Celts Pistons games one of the announcers was talking about hearing rumblings that Detroit might be looking to move him. He's a good player, but I don't think he's really the player his stats would lead you to believe.

Drummond is about as untouchable as it gets. The Pistons view him as a future league MVP, and rightfully so.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Drummond is about as untouchable as it gets. The Pistons view him as a future league MVP, and rightfully so.

I took a look at Drummond's numbers on synergy sports a little before the trade deadline. If you take away his OReb putbacks and points in transition and look at his offense in the halfcourt it was on the level of (actually a little worse than IIRC) the offense of Perk or Asik. Things will have to change quite a bit for him to be league MVP.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I took a look at Drummond's numbers on synergy sports a little before the trade deadline. If you take away his OReb putbacks and points in transition and look at his offense in the halfcourt it was on the level of (actually a little worse than IIRC) the offense of Perk or Asik. Things will have to change quite a bit for him to be league MVP.
He can't legally drink until August.    He's got at least 3-5 more seasons of development. 

I mean... you still think our 28 year old point guard has yet to reach his peak.  For all we know, Drummond could be improving every season for the next decade. 

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

well you are totally off on your assessment. Drummond's numbers and his game are highly comparable to Dwight Howard's and Shaq's at his age.

Perk and Asik have already peaked or are well past their peak in Perks case, and have never come close to the numbers Drummond put up this year.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

well you are totally off on your assessment. Drummond's numbers and his game are highly comparable to Dwight Howard's and Shaq's at his age.

Perk and Asik have already peaked or are well past their peak in Perks case, and have never come close to the numbers Drummond put up this year.

I'd wonder whether you ever saw Shaq play at that age. He scored 23 a game as a rookie against defenses that were focused on trying to slow him down. I don't think Drummond is really as good as Howard was at that age, and offensively Howard was well below Shaq's level.

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
In terms of "available stars"... Rondo is probably towards the top of the list.

We'll see what happens, though.

Boston Sends: Jared Sullinger, Phil Pressey, BOS 14 first rounder

Boston Receives: Rajon Rondo

I think I'd make that deal.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'd wonder whether you ever saw Shaq play at that age. He scored 23 a game as a rookie against defenses that were focused on trying to slow him down. I don't think Drummond is really as good as Howard was at that age, and offensively Howard was well below Shaq's level.
Shaq played 3 years of college ball.  Technically he was still at louisville at the same stage Drummond is at.

Not to say Drummond will be on Shaq's level.  That's silly.   But a bigger, better defensive, less offensive, Amare is in play. 

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I saw Shaq's entire career. I wonder if you ever really watched Drummond play. You're bias against him is puzzling.

Drummond imo is a smarter Dwight Howard.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
the multiquote is so gross now.

Anyway, out of the three, Drummond is the least likely to be traded.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Shaq played 3 years of college ball.  Technically he was still at louisville at the same stage Drummond is at.

Not to say Drummond will be on Shaq's level.  That's silly.   But a bigger, better defensive, less offensive, Amare is in play.

Shaq as a rookie was the same age Drummond is (less than a year off). He played college ball (LSU IIRC) but Drummond's in his 2nd year of the nba. The comparison's way off. So's any comparison to pre-injury Amare.