Author Topic: Prepare for Gordon, Vonleh, or Smart  (Read 43251 times)

Re: Prepare for Gordon, Vonleh, or Smart
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2014, 07:10:01 AM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Gordon doesn't fill a need; however, I'd be happy if we drafted him. This would have to be followed by a draft day trade to make room on our roster. And we would still need to fill a hole at C.
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2014, 07:38:07 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Smart would be a smart pick (See what I did there, lol), if we actually decide not to resign Avery in the off season. I could see Smart taking Bradleys spot in the rotation in 2 years time or so ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2014, 08:32:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
4 or 5 pick is going to be either Exum or Gordon imo.  I like Vonleh and Smart has potential but one lacks above avg iq and the other hasn't shown efficiency on the offensive end for 2 years now.

Checking out the Jazz forum , majority of the people are rooting for the team to draft Gordon if one of the other three don't drop to them. I will be satisfied with drafting either.  One of Exum or Gordon could also end Green, AB or Rondo's career as a celtic if not this upcoming season the season after.

« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
4 or 5 pick is going to be either Exum or Gordon imo.  I like Vonleh and Smart has potential but one lacks above avg iq and the other hasn't shown efficiency on the offensive end for 2 years now.

Checking out the Jazz forum , majority of the people are rooting for the team to draft Gordon if one of the other three don't drop to them. I will be satisfied with drafting either.  One of Exum or Gordon could also end Green, AB or Rondo's career as a celtic if not this upcoming season the season after.

I feel like Randle is in that mix too. As the season fades, I am feeling really good about Aaron Gordon in the pros. Gordon and Randle might be good enough to push Exum down to the number 6 spot.

Gordon would create a very interesting logjam at the 3/4.

I can't wait to see the draft order in 4 weeks. And before that, all the real measurements on these guys.

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2014, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't know by what team and I don't know at which pick and I don't know the name of the player involved but I think the 4th or the 5th pick in this year's draft is due for a giant silly pick. How silly? Probably bigger than "Tell me you did not just take Anthony Bennett #1?" silly but most likely less than "Tell me you did not just take Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan?" silly.

« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2014, 10:10:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I feel like Randle is in that mix too. As the season fades, I am feeling really good about Aaron Gordon in the pros. Gordon and Randle might be good enough to push Exum down to the number 6 spot.

Gordon would create a very interesting logjam at the 3/4.

I can't wait to see the draft order in 4 weeks. And before that, all the real measurements on these guys.

Me too can't wait.   I like Randle but i think there are some valid arguments about his mediocre wingspan causing him issues in the nba. The last few games he had all kinds of issues getting shots over length. Especially vs Uconn. 

He is relentless on the offensive end but likely won't likely get bailed out much by the refs in the nba  He hasn't shown a consisten jump shot. I think he is going to fall

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't know by what team and I don't know at which pick and I don't know the name of the player involved but I think the 4th or the 5th pick in this year's draft is due for a giant silly pick. How silly? Probably bigger than "Tell me you did not just take Anthony Bennett #1?" silly but most likely less than "Tell me you did not just take Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan?" silly.

I feel like Randle would be silly at that spot, but I could see some teams taking him there.

Dario Saric and Tyler Ennis are two other names that come to mind as having "GM trying to be too cute" pick potential.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd be elated to have Aaron Gordon.

He seems like he can develop into one of them ultimate "do everything" guys. Someone who will crash the boards, run and chase the ball, defend etc.

I'm going to be somewhat disappointed if we draft Vonleh. I've read and seen his potential offensively, but we have that kind of a player in Jared Sullinger. A little less athletic, but can board and make shots down low, and has an improving jumper.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2014, 11:48:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I'm happy we can't pick lower than 8th because I'm convincing myself I could be happy (at least initially) with any of the top 8...

That said, as much as I try to convince myself to like him, I feel Gordon has the most bust potential due to the fact that he doesn't have a real position. If he had even a halfway decent offensive game I'd be all for him because his defense is excellent but he's the size of an NBA sf who gets his offense like Griffin... with his current skillset, he needs to play pf since he gets most of his offense around the basket and he's just not build for it in the NBA. The athleticism is great but the guy makes Rondo look like Joe Johnson as a shooter. The ft % is awful and relates to the shooting.

I know he's young and has time to improve but how much can we expect him to? I think, as it currently stands, I'd hope DA only takes Gordon if we somehow completely lose out and get the 8th pick and he falls to us. If we're in the 5-7 range, I'd hope for Randle, Smart or Vonleh (though all have their own risks as well).

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2014, 12:09:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I feel like Randle would be silly at that spot, but I could see some teams taking him there.

Dario Saric and Tyler Ennis are two other names that come to mind as having "GM trying to be too cute" pick potential.
While I don't agree on Randle or Ennis, yes, Saric is an awesome example. One strange scenario I thought about was like Utah taking Dougie McBuckets at #5.

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2014, 08:13:36 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Gordon shot 42% from the free throw line!!!! No way can a tweener that can't hit the broad side of a barn be a top 10 pick, NO WAY!!!!

Energy guy off the bench, that will have to be taken off the court in the last 5 minutes of any important games, total waste of a top 10 pick.

« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2014, 08:25:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
If Parker drops to #5, im going throw up!!! Looks like 76'ers loves Exum and Orlando really like Smart..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2014, 09:10:45 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
If Parker drops to #5, im going throw up!!! Looks like 76'ers loves Exum and Orlando really like Smart..

I've been saying this for 10 days now, if Exum sneaks into the top 3 and Orlando really likes Smart, they will trade down if Smart is sure to be available and pick up an extra pick or two.  This puts us in a prime position because we have the picks to offer, and Smart is sure to be there at 6.

« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2014, 09:15:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I've been saying this for 10 days now, if Exum sneaks into the top 3 and Orlando really likes Smart, they will trade down if Smart is sure to be available and pick up an extra pick or two.  This puts us in a prime position because we have the picks to offer, and Smart is sure to be there at 6.
both teams need a SF more than they need another guard though.  As does utah.  Sure Orlando could use a better PG than what's left of Jameer (Philly already has MCW but no scoring and I think Utah needs a better one than Burke) but they all really need a SF that can score and Parker can fit that role with ease for all of them.

« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2014, 09:17:29 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

While I don't agree on Randle or Ennis, yes, Saric is an awesome example. One strange scenario I thought about was like Utah taking Dougie McBuckets at #5.
I saw something by KO on the front page mentioning Danny grabbing Saric at 6 and cringed.  Too high for Saric but I'm beginning to wonder if he's this year's Yi JianLian for Danny