Author Topic: Idea: Sully for Timo Mozgov  (Read 7992 times)

Re: Idea: Sully for Timo Mozgov
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 01:41:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If you want to talk about a center who might not cost us, oh I don't know, the second best player currently on our team, but who might work as a decent defensive starter, how about Bismack Biyombo?  He's stuck behind Al Jefferson for the foreseeable future, so he might not cost that much in a trade. 

He doesn't have much of an offensive game, but he rebounds and blocks shots.  Plus, plenty of upside still.

Along the same lines I vote Kyle O'Quinn.  Probably not a long-term solution as a starting C but a better scorer while being an equal shot blocker and comparable rebounder to Biyombo, at less than $1 million.  And he's got a better young guy ahead of him in Vucevic so he probably wouldn't cost too much.

Mozgov just seems like one of those guys who puts up crazy stat lines every so often but can't sustain it over time.  The type of player who looks a lot better from a distance.

I agree.  O'Quinn is a good call.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain