Author Topic: Idea: Sully for Timo Mozgov  (Read 7968 times)

Re: Idea: Sully for Timo Mozgov
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 07:42:32 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Insane.
But Mozgov for Bass sounds good to me.

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 08:27:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
yup, insane.

way to much to give up for a player that's backup-quality. 

I'd offer salary relief like Babb or Bogans for him.  Not much more than that.   Bass for Mozgov and a pick perhaps

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Mozgov, Jan Vesely and Arthur for Green and Bogans both works in the trade machine and would save us $3m, but it gives us the best player in the deal and saves us a ton of money so it's never going to happen.

1) Jeff Green is better than Mosgov.  Mosgov may be more appropriately paid for his abilities than Green, but Green is better.

2) Veseley's contract runs out at the end of the season, so he is no longer tradeable.

3) Arthur has a player option and so also isn't tradeable until July, in case he doesn't pick up his option.  If he does, Green for Mosgov-Arthur works fine.

4) Green for Mosgov-Arthur only has a difference of $1.1 million in salary next year, so that's likely not a big hurdle if both teams were interested .

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 09:07:32 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
We can do better than Mozgov if we were to trade Sully... Lol
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 09:16:28 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Okay. I did not know he scored 93 points. Now I would do the Sully trade over and over.

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 09:33:46 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Insane or not?

Mozgov is and definitely very underrated... But the value of Sullinger is 4x more greater in value, regardless of his back injuries. Mozgov is 27, and still looks like he struggles on offense. Sullinger looks like a promising young player, who despite his back issues, looks like one of our most prized asset... So why trade it away for a Center that was struggling to find time?

I think Sully can be a 3x-4x Allstar if he can keep up his production, and possibly improve his 3pt shooting to make him more deadlier.

I very seriously doubt it...

If Sully ever makes an All-Star team I will be very surprised.

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Two things here:

1) Mozgof would be a great addition to the C's. I've always rooted for him and at 27 years old, making under 5 mil per year while averaging 10 and 6 with 1 block in only 21 minutes per game thats great production from the Center slot.

2) I am not as high on Sully as most people on this board. I see Sully as being a fairly legit role player someday, possible starter on most teams. No way in Kevin Love status.

With that being said, even I would say that trading Sully for Mozgof is completely insane. I would think Sully has more value around the league.

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Insane or not?

Mozgov is and definitely very underrated... But the value of Sullinger is 4x more greater in value, regardless of his back injuries. Mozgov is 27, and still looks like he struggles on offense. Sullinger looks like a promising young player, who despite his back issues, looks like one of our most prized asset... So why trade it away for a Center that was struggling to find time?

I think Sully can be a 3x-4x Allstar if he can keep up his production, and possibly improve his 3pt shooting to make him more deadlier.

I very seriously doubt it...

If Sully ever makes an All-Star team I will be very surprised.

I wouldn't be very surprised if he makes one.  Lots of players make one at some time because someone gets hurt.  Sully is young, so he's got the better years of his career ahead of him.  He also puts up the stats that get all-star game nods (points, rebounds, double-doubles).   If the C's return to some prominence while Sully is starting for them, I will be surprised if he doesn't make one at some point.  Maybe not 3-4, but one during one of his best 2-3 years isn't an exceptionally high expectation given his current age and production.

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
For me, Sully's ceiling is David West.  That's not HOF material, but that's not chopped liver either.

The criticism of Sully's 3-point shooting kind of annoys me. The coaching staff wants him to take those shots, and has been encouraging him to do so all season.  They are using it to develop a part of his game that they think will benefit him/the team in the future.  This is a throw away year, what better time to do it?  It isn't as if he's Antoine Walker chucking up 3's until the backboards shatter.

I find Sully's post defense to be questionable at times, but I want to see how he fairs when there are players on the team that can protect the rim a little bit.  Right now, Kris Humphries and Brandon Bass are the leading shot blockers on the team - that's pathetic. The team is built to fail on the defensive end of the floor.

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 11:18:11 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If you want to talk about a center who might not cost us, oh I don't know, the second best player currently on our team, but who might work as a decent defensive starter, how about Bismack Biyombo?  He's stuck behind Al Jefferson for the foreseeable future, so he might not cost that much in a trade. 

He doesn't have much of an offensive game, but he rebounds and blocks shots.  Plus, plenty of upside still.

Along the same lines I vote Kyle O'Quinn.  Probably not a long-term solution as a starting C but a better scorer while being an equal shot blocker and comparable rebounder to Biyombo, at less than $1 million.  And he's got a better young guy ahead of him in Vucevic so he probably wouldn't cost too much.

Mozgov just seems like one of those guys who puts up crazy stat lines every so often but can't sustain it over time.  The type of player who looks a lot better from a distance.

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 11:45:32 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
If we did this trade, I would call 911 on Danny.

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 12:01:57 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd do it in a heartbeat, he did score 93 points last night.

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 12:36:20 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd do it in a heartbeat, he did score 93 points last night.

Haha brilliant. Endless TP's for posting this picture.

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 12:24:22 PM »

Offline nzea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
Why would you trade Sullinger who is capable of being a starter on a contender?

Let me break it down for you:

Creates his own shot
Plays well within an offense
Defends his position well
Rebounds like a maniac
Range all the way from the block to the three point line
Great outlet passer (Listen to Rondo... or just watch his full court assist to KO in the Rising Stars Game)
Smart passer in general

Has already gotten to the point where no one's impressed by a 20/7 stat line.

Timofey Mozgov is a cheap center. We're rebuilding towards perfection, to build a contender, not to build the Denver Nuggets.

If Sullinger is traded away for a mediocre player, I'm picking another team.