Author Topic: Who Are Your "Ideal" Choices with A top 3 pick and a the 2014 BK pick?  (Read 17105 times)

Re: Who Are Your "Ideal" Choices with A top 3 pick and a the 2014 BK pick?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 10:42:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Noah and Saric.

You'd take Noah Vonleh #1?

That's bold.

As for Saric, I'm not convinced he'll be available in this draft.  Not a bad stash overseas option if he is.

I actually meant trade our top pick for Joakim Noah.  We are talking about ideals here.

Ah.  I thought you may have meant that.

That's a nice thought, but I rather doubt Chicago has any intention of trading him.  There may not be a center in the league who does more for his team on both ends of the floor right now.

The Bulls are going to win close to 50 games this season despite being without Rose yet again and it's due in large part to Noah.  He's peaked this season as a top 10 player in the entire league.  I never expected him to be this good.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 10:48:15 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Noah and Saric.

That's bold.

As for Saric, I'm not convinced he'll be available in this draft.  Not a bad stash overseas option if he is.

I actually meant trade our top pick for Joakim Noah.  We are talking about ideals here.

That's a nice thought, but I rather doubt Chicago has any intention of trading him.  There may not be a center in the league who does more for his team on both ends of the floor right now.

The Bulls are going to win close to 50 games this season despite being without Rose yet again and it's due in large part to Noah.  He's peaked this season as a top 10 player in the entire league.  I never expected him to be this good.

Yeah, unfortunately, that deal seemed more realistic when the Bulls looked like they were going to stink.

I have long thought that Joakim Noah was "this good."  I'll give them Sully, too. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 11:15:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Noah and Saric.

That's bold.

Yeah, unfortunately, that deal seemed more realistic when the Bulls looked like they were going to stink.

I have long thought that Joakim Noah was "this good."  I'll give them Sully, too.

so in your scenario we give up Sully and a top 3 pick for Noah? That would be beyond overpaying IMO.

we would have a team of

PG: Rondo   
SG: Bradley ?
SF: Green
PF: Bass   or KO
 C: Noah

that team is a 45 win team at best, would have no cap room to add a legit go to guy, and would have given away our best trade chips( top 3 and Sully) just to become a 6-8 seed ? Noah isn't worth giving up that much for

If you are trading our best chips it better be for Kevin Love . Rondo/Love combo is a much better fit than Noah and Rondo . Yes we would still need a defensive Center , but those are going to be easier to find than a stud offensive player/ rebounder .

Heck we could take Willey Cauley Stein with pick #18 or use the TPE(worth 10 mil)and the 18th pick for Asik,Gortat, Robin Lopez etc to add to Rondo and Love

A trio of Rondo,Love,Gortat would be a lot of fun. Gortat is awesome at pick and Rolls, Rondo would get him so many easy shot. Then you have Love at the Elbow to the 3pt line making the defense stay honest , and won't be able to be double teamed very easily .

PF: Love
 C: Gortat

that's a 50+ win team in the east IMO ( Toronto has 46 wins with  a shot at 50 this year in the weak east)

Still would have all our picks in 2015- 2019 to hopefully score another real good player in a year or two .
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:27:34 PM by rondohondo »

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I'll take Wiggins and Warren.

If we're trading, I'd take Wiggins and look to trade for a starting quality Center. Not sure who's available. Gortat? Sanders? Plumlee (Suns)? Asik? Robin Lopez? I'll package Green in that deal.
- LilRip

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 11:44:02 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Noah and Saric.

That's bold.

so in your scenario we give up Sully and a top 3 pick for Noah? That would be beyond overpaying IMO.

we would have a team of

PF: Bass   or KO
 C: Noah

that team is a 45 win team at best, would have no cap room to add a legit go to guy, and would have given away our best trade chips( top 3 and Sully) just to become a 6-8 seed ? Noah isn't worth giving up that much for

If you are trading our best chips it better be for Kevin Love . Rondo/Love combo is a much better fit than Noah and Rondo . Yes we would still need a defensive Center , but those are going to be easier to find than a stud offensive player/ rebounder .

Heck we could take Willey Cauley Stein with pick #18 or use the TPE(worth 10 mil)and the 18th pick for Asik,Gortat, Robin Lopez etc to add to Rondo and Love

A trio of Rondo,Love,Gortat would be a lot of fun. Gortat is awesome at pick and Rolls, Rondo would get him so many easy shot. Then you have Love at the Elbow to the 3pt line making the defense stay honest , and won't be able to be double teamed very easily .

PF: Love
 C: Gortat

that's a 50+ win team in the east IMO ( Toronto has 46 wins with  a shot at 50 this year in the weak east)

Still would have all our picks in 2015- 2019 to hopefully score another real good player in a year or two .

Love over Noah?  No.  No.   

I'll take Joakim.  That guy is underrated by some, but the world is catching on.  He strikes me as a player who will age well going into his early to mid-thirties.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

You can give them whatever, I can't imagine they're trading Noah unless it's a top 5 player coming the other way.

As for how Noah will age, I think it's hard to say.  He's had a lot of nagging injury issues.  Maybe that will get better once the Bulls restock a bit and Noah is allowed to rest more (he often plays 40 minutes a night these days).

I could see him fading a bit within a couple years, as Anderson Varejao has, if he has bad luck with injuries.  Even Andy V might still have 4-5 good years left in him, though.  So who knows.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 01:11:19 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

You can give them whatever, I can't imagine they're trading Noah unless it's a top 5 player coming the other way.

As for how Noah will age, I think it's hard to say.  He's had a lot of nagging injury issues.  Maybe that will get better once the Bulls restock a bit and Noah is allowed to rest more (he often plays 40 minutes a night these days).

I could see him fading a bit within a couple years, as Anderson Varejao has, if he has bad luck with injuries.  Even Andy V might still have 4-5 good years left in him, though.  So who knows.

Interesting take.  You're saying that we don't have any shot at getting him?  But if we did, he's probably past his prime? 

Nice double coverage on the bleaker angle. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 01:18:43 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't think we have any shot at getting him, but I also think he's been the best center in the league this season.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 01:33:05 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Interesting take.  You're saying that we don't have any shot at getting him?  But if we did, he's probably past his prime? 

Nice double coverage on the bleaker angle.

a) He's so good right now, it doesn't make sense for Chicago to trade him for anything we have.

b) He's not past his prime.  He's in the midst of his prime.  However, he's had concerning injury problems in the past that have caused him to miss time.  In this way he is similar to Anderson Varejao, a player with a similar play style and body type.  It's plausible that, like Varejao, Noah could see his injury issues flare up and miss most of a season or two, causing him to decline prematurely.  It's also possible he could play very well into his mid 30s.

Imagine that!  Nuance!
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 01:37:39 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
What if Embiid's still on the board when we pick?  Anyone think they might bite then?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 01:41:18 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Embid and Stauskas
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 04:34:45 AM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
Embiid and Stauskas or Wiggins and Anderson

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 06:07:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Embiid but only if he passes a physical.

It really is hard to pick the Brooklyn pick because there will be more chaos at that point and it is harder to predict.  Maybe James Young if he is there or Cleanthony Early.  If one of the guys ahead of them drops you have to consider that.

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 04:19:43 PM »

Offline nzea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
Embiid and Young, because Young eliminates the need to resign AB and has very good potential, will only be 19 yrs old in his rookie year.

Then you have

Rondo
Young
Green
Sullinger
Embiid

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 04:26:37 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Like others have said Ideal would be

1st Embiid  2ndStauskas

If not Embiid then I go

1st Wiggins/Exum  2nd Capela/Nurkic/WCS

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet