Author Topic: Who Are Your "Ideal" Choices with A top 3 pick and a the 2014 BK pick?  (Read 17069 times)

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I think my ideal choices for both of our picks would be Embiid and James Young, or Parker and James Young. I really like Young with our 2nd first if he's still available, I feel like he's JR Smith without the knucklehead in him. We badly need a SG who can score, and the kid can shoot, also feel like he was under utilized in UK.

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Embiid and Stauskas would be my personal favorite combo. Almost equally appealing would be Wiggins/ Parker and Stauskas, followed by Exum and one of Anderson, Hood, Warren, or maybe Young (I warmed up to Young a little more in tourney. Prior to that he always struck me as a one dimensional player like Q Rich or Rashard Lewis).

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Embiid - to pair with Sully for the next decade and any combination if shooters ( Young, Staukas, Hairston)....

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Wiggins and, I don't know -- PJ Hariston? He might fall that far.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Parker over anyone else.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Either Embiid/Stauskas or Wiggins/Cauley-Stein.  Otherwise Exum/Cauley-Stein.  Not a fan of Parker.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Parker / Stauskas
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Embiid and Gordon (though I'm not sure Gordon will drop).  If he is off the board I'd say Warren or Early look like they have the highest ceilings.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Celticjay

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Wiggins/  Harrell if he drops a bit

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think ideally you get a wing and a center.  I'm not a big fan of the centers likely to be there at the BKN pick, but the top pick's more important and I prefer Wiggins there if we can get him. 

Then either get the best center available (Cauley-Stein, maybe?) or acquire a C in trade/free agency and grab the best shooting wing available, probably Hairston or Stauskas.

Re: Who Are Your "Ideal" Choices with A top 3 pick and a the 2014 BK pick?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 02:01:54 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Embiid and Clint Capella. I just want to shore up our front court and then focus on guard play. One of those two could be really special.

More traditionally I'd say Wiggins/Willey Caulie Stein. That would shore up the athleticism on this team.

Finally if we decide to go for BPA after striking out on the top 3/4 give me Julius Randle and TJ Warren. Both have killer instincts for scoring which would be key on a Rondo lead team.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Embiid and Saric.  I think that will allow us to tank again next year while Embiid develops and Saric plays out a year in Europe before we buy out his contract.  Even if Embiid becomes a HOF level player, I don't see him doing much next year.  In 2016 most of our bad contracts will be up and we'll have Embiid + Saric + KO + Sully + Lottery pick in 2015 + Clips pick, then at the end of that season we'll have our pick and most likely a Nets lottery pick, plus tons of cap room.

I would also love Gary Harris if he fell to 18th - currently DraftExpress has him at 15th, but I think even that is very optimistic.  I trust Danny to sort through James Young, TJ Warren, KAnderson, Jerami Grant, Rodney Hood, etc.  Wiggins and Harris would be incredible, though.

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wiggins top three.

At 18, the best player available and I think the mock drafts could be all wrong about the draft after the 7th or 8th pick or so. Lots of good prospects down to about pick 20-22 and the order could be anything.

If Ennis drops I would take him. I think he has a lot of Mike Conley in him and could be that good in a couple years.

Warren would be an excellent choice there as I find him to be a complete player and a great scorer, something this team desperately needs.

I don't know a lot about Capela, but many are saying after Embiid that he is the 2nd best center in this draft and has very good upside potential.

Jerami Grant as a role playing defensive SF that can play in the post and eventually be successful doing that to other SFs is an intriguing choice there too.

Rodney Hood falls into the same category as TJ Warren.

My pick, and it might be a bit of a stretch, would be Montrezl Harrel. Like an awful lot about the kid and he would provide some things the C's definitely need down low.

But if we took any of these guys at 18 after landing the prize of Wiggins, I would be ecstatic

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm not greedy. I'm fine with Embiid and Hairston.

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
My ideal choice would be to add a proven all star commodity with the value of that first pick.  You might get even more than that really. So I'm trading out.  Too much media & scout hype at the top of this draft, so I think the value you could get back outweighs the guess you're taking in one of these young kids.  I get the proven(s) over the guess all day.

I would use the 2nd pick, & I'd target TJ Warren, Hood, Stauskas, or Capella.  Trading that pick has less value and I think you're better off guessing at this range in a so called deep draft.  If you hit with that 2nd pick, & get that all star in place with that first, you're in great shape.