Author Topic: Trade/Draft idea  (Read 2880 times)

Trade/Draft idea
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:17:31 PM »

Offline Smittymks

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
If your Danny would you trade Jeff Green and a future 1 to the nuggets for their pick this year? For some strange reason I could see Green in a Nuggets jersey.

Dream Draft: #4 Joel Embid.....#11 Doug McDermott......#18 Payne, Stauskas or CaulyStein

Rondo
Bradley
McDermott
Sullinger
Embid

"My favorite ring? The next one"
TB12

Re: Trade/Draft idea
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I want Green off the team, so sure

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Green and a first for Mcdermott?  horrible trade.  Also, no way Embiid slides to 4.  doubt he even slides to 3rd.  as for the guys you want at 18, Stauskas will be long gone, Payne might be a low-end rotation player in a couple of years if he's lucky and WCS has a good chance of being Fab 2.0.  All 3 probably gone before 18 anyways.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »

Offline Smittymks

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I would trade Green for McDermott and salary cap relief. You really wouldn't? Think you are over valuing Green. Definitely could see Embid slide to 4th given back issues. Not that far fetched to see Wiggins, Parker and Exum drafted ahead of him. Stauskas could absolutely be around at 18.
"My favorite ring? The next one"
TB12

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I would trade Green for McDermott and salary cap relief. You really wouldn't? Think you are over valuing Green.
hardly.   Green may be inconsistent but he's a far better defender than Mcdermott will ever be and can periodically have a 30-point night.  Mcdermott will be lucky to average what Green averages.  I'm tired of Green's inconsistency but we can do better than Mcdermott never mind also giving away a 1st in your trade idea.

Definitely could see Embid slide to 4th given back issues. Not that far fetched to see Wiggins, Parker and Exum drafted ahead of him.
Embiid's issue, at this point, is considered a short term pain, not a long term issue.  if that's really the case, I can't see him sliding past the second pick.  definitely not past the 3rd.

Stauskas could absolutely be around at 18.
it's possible but I think it's really unlikely.  probably gone no later than #14.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Green and a first for Mcdermott?  horrible trade.  Also, no way Embiid slides to 4.  doubt he even slides to 3rd.  as for the guys you want at 18, Stauskas will be long gone, Payne might be a low-end rotation player in a couple of years if he's lucky and WCS has a good chance of being Fab 2.0.  All 3 probably gone before 18 anyways.

There will be a good player available at 18.  TJ Warren or James Young or Rodney Hood or KJ McDaniels or PJ Hairston or Kyle Anderson will be available.  I would be happy with just about any of them to be honest!!!!  Good players WILL be there at #18!!!!  Someone HAS to drop!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 11:20:37 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Not interested in trading Green for McDermott, let alone throwing away a future first.
- LilRip

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Not interested in trading Green for McDermott, let alone throwing away a future first.
+1

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

There will be a good player available at 18.  TJ Warren or James Young or Rodney Hood or KJ McDaniels or PJ Hairston or Kyle Anderson will be available.  I would be happy with just about any of them to be honest!!!!  Good players WILL be there at #18!!!!  Someone HAS to drop!!!!

Smitty77
I don't disagree with that.  I wouldn't make the original trade that was proposed though

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I agree with everything but your Willie Cauley-Stein comment.  He's not the best thing ever, but the Fab comparisons make no sense.  He's got great lateral mobility and can stay in front of quick guards when he switched on the pick-and-roll, and he's got a hook shot that is coming around.  He clearly put it in some work this offseason on his free-throw shooting to get it around 50%, up from the 30's his freshman year.  Work was not something Fab was much known for.  WCS's rebounding numbers are not stellar for a 7-footer, but Kentucky was a great rebounding team, best in the country.  That doesn't happen if WCS isn't doing his job on the boards, or doing what else he's supposed to be doing on defense.  Does he make mistakes sometimes?  Of course.  So do most NBA players.  But he works hard, gives good effort on the court, and isn't known for doing stupid things like Fab (such as getting kicked off the team right before the tournament for bad grades). WCS feels like someone who could become a pre-injury Perk.  Not an All-Star, but a viable starting, defensive-oriented center on a contending team.  At #18, that's a solid pick if he's available.