Author Topic: Anyone interested in trying to go after Jeremy Lamb?  (Read 2503 times)

Anyone interested in trying to go after Jeremy Lamb?
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I liked what I seen from him in short minutes at OKC. I definitely think they are disrespecting him by not giving him the minutes. Thabo who at best is still a serviceable 3 and D type of guy, just seems to be unable to score, and just can't hit the 3 as well.

I don't get why they are making Lamb their sixth man... Lamb is clearly talented, and he knows how to pass in transition, double teams, and when driving. His 3 point shooting still needs some work, but he was known for that in his college days. He also has a pretty decent floater, and everyone was quick to diss him the year before, despite the fact he was slotted in at SF, which isn't his position at all. I think for a player like Lamb, he needs some minutes to be able to contribute and get into a rhythm. I would love him over Bradley any day.

Plus hes young, and definitely seems like a player that can blossom under a team that's rebuilding where there is no pressure.

What do you think it would take for us to get him?

Would Bradley+ one of our first round picks or 2nd rounders pull it off for them?

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Anyone interested in trying to go after Jeremy Lamb?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:49:56 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
I like the idea of Bradley and second for lamb. It gives the type of role player they need around KD and RW. I think it would be a win win for both teams.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:27:40 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I've heard the reason he's not getting minutes is because he hasn't been able to step up when given the opportunity.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:05:16 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I've heard the reason he's not getting minutes is because he hasn't been able to step up when given the opportunity.
:P
Yeah, I've also heard that in most cases, guys don't play because they can't play. The whole disrespect argument line is smoke and mirrors.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:38:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sounds like agent smokescreen at that.

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 07:47:51 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not especially interested in him, no.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I would rather keep Bradley.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 09:05:02 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I like him. I don't think OKC will be letting him go on the cheap though. I expect Lamb to become their 6th man after Reggie Jackson leaves - since I doubt OKC has the money required to keep R.Jackson.

Good young two guard. A lot like Nick Young but plays with more effort as defender/rebounder. Good potential for growth. Should become a quality starting two guard down the road if he puts in the work.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 01:30:54 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I like him. I don't think OKC will be letting him go on the cheap though. I expect Lamb to become their 6th man after Reggie Jackson leaves - since I doubt OKC has the money required to keep R.Jackson.

Good young two guard. A lot like Nick Young but plays with more effort as defender/rebounder. Good potential for growth. Should become a quality starting two guard down the road if he puts in the work.

I agree. The only reason I posted this is due to the fact Lamb hasn't been getting consistent minutes, and hes been doing pretty terribly for OKC. Which again, I sort of understand. There isn't enough minutes for him to get into a proper groove. The games where he exploded for 20+ were games where he played starting minutes.

A lot of OKC fans would like to trade him. They said hes missing too many shots, and he just doesn't overall seem to fit the scheme. I think push comes to shove, Jackson will most likely leave too. Thabo can't keep playing forever, and his minutes are getting decreased due to fatigue, and eventually Lamb should be next in line to replace him.

I would love him though. I think Lamb or Waiters under the right system can flourish.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
As an OKC fan, I can attest that Lamb's slumped terribly since starting the year off on a bright note, but Scott Brooks' coaching hasn't done his development any favors.  Lamb (and Perry Jones, for that matter, as well as Steven Adams to a lesser extent) is seeing his playing time gobbled up by a 40-year-old Derek Fisher and a newly-acquired Caron Butler.