Author Topic: Who will the C's target with Trade Exception this summer?  (Read 1257 times)

Who will the C's target with Trade Exception this summer?
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Of course it all depends on what happens in the draft, but these could be some guys Danny could try to land this off-season by packagin our trade exception (around 10 mil) with our Brooklyn pick this year, or one of our 2015 first round picks .

My list

Lance Stephenson - Going to be an unrestricted free agent this year. If he is available in a sign and trade it would be interesting back court with him and Rondo. Not sure if it would be the best pairing in the backcourt because both are not great shooters , and both need the ball in their hands to be effective on offense .

Aaron Afflalo - I would prefer him to Stephenson. He is bigger, a better shooter ,and higher IQ

Gordon Hayward - Would be a really good fit with Rondo and his college coach Brad Stevens . Provides good offense ball handling skills and shooting .

Asik- Would be a legit starting center. Defensive anchor and very good rebounder .

Gortat - Brings more offense than Asik, not as good of a defender. Would work well with Rondo in the pick and roll

Any others ?

Re: Who will the C's target with Trade Exception this summer?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:27:17 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd aim for a bigger star than these guys but I would like to have Gortat on the team once the pieces start falling in place.

Re: Who will the C's target with Trade Exception this summer?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 01:31:20 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'd aim for a bigger star than these guys but I would like to have Gortat on the team once the pieces start falling in place.

the trade exception is only worth 10 mil, and we can't send out other players with it , only draft picks . Hard to find Star players who are only going to be making 10 mil ....