Author Topic: If we end up with Exum....  (Read 1453 times)

If we end up with Exum....
« on: April 05, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
I would then try to make a trade that fixes our biggest hole which is obviously the Center. This trade works and may be feasible (although with Jackson running NY I don't know if he'd bite).

BOS: Sends Rondo to DET and our BKN pick this year (possibly LAC pick next year if needed)
          Sends J. Anthony and Bogans to NY

DET: Sends Drummond to BOS
         Sends Jennings to NY

NY: Sends Stoudemire to BOS

This gives us a legit Center, a PG that could be spectacular, and we hang on to Sully. We eat Stoudemire's contract to facilitate the trade without taking on Jennings for multiple years. We also dump Anthony and Bogans who we have no use for. Stoudemire is a decent option when he's healthy so a one year rental doesn't hurt us.

Detroit can now move Monroe to Center and Smith to PF and they get the PG they covet to pair with them. They can use their pick and BKN's to fill their other holes.

NY is always looking for names and Jennings provides that, he's statistically pretty bad but probably better then Felton. They want to get away from Stoudemire and Bogans provides some cap relief for them. With Phil running things they may not jump on this kind of deal like they would have in the past though, that may make this trade less feasible.

How would you guys feel about this trade for next year? I personally think we'd have a core that could compete for championships in a few years if we continue adding good pieces around them.

2014-15 roster:

PG: Exum, Pressey
SG: Bradley, CJ
SF: Green, Wallace
PF: Sully, Stoudemire, Bass, Olynk
C: Drummond, Stoudemire

Re: If we end up with Exum....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 01:50:57 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Okay so Detriot is not going to trade Drummond, it just isn't going to happen especially not for RR and even more especially not for 1 year of RR.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Why not see if you can sign and trade Rondo next year. Might also be easier to trade Green at that point. Not sure he fits with this scenario.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 02:34:01 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think we'd be better off trading the rights to our top draft pick for some center help.  We'd probably get a better return.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
How good is Exum's jumper?

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 02:45:58 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
No way Detroit trades Drummond for anything. They see him on par with Anthony Davis, being one of the top young bigs for the next decade (not sure I agree with them, but it's what their franchise and fans believe). If Celts get Exum, I'm guessing it's Bradley who will get a s+t. Exum can play SG and Stevens loves the dual point guard system. Also, Exum is 6'6" he can guard bigger shooting guards than Bradley.