Author Topic: Celtics (23-50) at Bulls (41-32) Game #74 3/31/14  (Read 13929 times)

Re: Celtics (23-50) at Bulls (41-32) Game #74 3/31/14
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Bass to the rescue

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Why can't Bass be this aggressive in the post every night?

The answer. It's easier to pick and pop.

And he's not really good in the post.

He is worse at team defense and rebounding. And have we talked about his hands?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 09:46:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Bass.....

Ol concrete mitts

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 09:51:02 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

Bass.....

Ol concrete mitts

Lol. TP!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Bradley is starting to annoy me. Not that he shoots too much, but that he is really not that talented.

Yeah. He has a really hard time dribbling the ball. This is his 4th year as a pro. How long do we play the potential card with him?

With a guard, you kind of know more or less what you have by the time they are in their 4th year. Bradley is good at defending point guards and smaller shooting guards. And he can hit long 2s pretty well. The shooting has yet to be seen in the pressure cooker of the playoffs.

the 'potential' label came off after last year when he was mostly healthy.

Bradley is 23 years old and already an 2nd team all nba defender. While he still needs work his offense has improved and he's better suited in off the ball situations.
When was the last time you saw Bradley play great, or even good, defense?

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:30 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bradley is starting to annoy me. Not that he shoots too much, but that he is really not that talented.

Yeah. He has a really hard time dribbling the ball. This is his 4th year as a pro. How long do we play the potential card with him?

With a guard, you kind of know more or less what you have by the time they are in their 4th year. Bradley is good at defending point guards and smaller shooting guards. And he can hit long 2s pretty well. The shooting has yet to be seen in the pressure cooker of the playoffs.

Bradley is 23 years old and already an 2nd team all nba defender. While he still needs work his offense has improved and he's better suited in off the ball situations.
for me, the proverbial bloom came off his rose when Felton torched him in the playoffs last year.  haven't seen anything this year close to the D he played when healthy his first 3 years.

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Although I count 5 players on defense, it always seems the Celtics play 4 against 5.

Larry Bird

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 09:58:58 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

for me, the proverbial bloom came off his rose when Felton torched him in the playoffs last year.  haven't seen anything this year close to the D he played when healthy his first 3 years.

Has Felton really torched him? Other than two 20 plus games (which were both losses) Felton was largely average. I think he's playing very good defense just that he's preserving himself on offense.

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

Has Felton really torched him? Other than two 20 plus games (which were both losses) Felton was largely average. I think he's playing very good defense just that he's preserving himself on offense.

Preserving his body for his CHUCKING SKILLS ON OFFENSE
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 10:05:19 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Well someone needs to pick up the scoring slack though I do wish he drive more often and get fouled. He got to work on his ball handling.

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Bayless is all or nothing.

Larry Bird

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Well someone needs to pick up the scoring slack though I do wish he drive more often and get fouled. He got to work on his ball handling.
If he drove more he'd get hurt more, which hardly seems possible

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 10:13:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
AH, that multiquote makes my eyes bleed.

Eja just made me spit my tea onto myself with that last one, though. TP.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 10:16:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Goodnite to all

Tank s.   A lot

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 10:33:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

has he?  yes he did.  every game Felton did whatever he wanted.  scoring isn't everything a PG does.  Felton picked apart the C's defense by constantly driving by AB or passing with little hindrance from AB

Felton IS average, that's my point.  If AB played the level of D he's supposed to play, Felton doesn't have ANY 20 point games and more importantly, he doesn't carve up the D with his drives and passing