Author Topic: Frank Kaminsky  (Read 10712 times)

Re: Frank Kaminsky
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Agreed, Kaminsky is the real deal. I was disappointed he didn't declare for the draft, I would have liked him  at 17 better than Young. I think he's been largely underrated due to his face... If he does what I expect him to next season, he'll be a mid-late lotto pick.

Rather than me jumping to conclusions which is exactly what I did when I read this, please say what you mean by 'due to his face'.    If it's a race thing I won't dispute your assessment, I just want to know for sure that I'm jumping to the right conclusion.

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 01:42:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Agreed, Kaminsky is the real deal. I was disappointed he didn't declare for the draft, I would have liked him  at 17 better than Young. I think he's been largely underrated due to his face... If he does what I expect him to next season, he'll be a mid-late lotto pick.

Def skilled. Arizona had a tough time slowing him down. Tarczewski was no match. Kentucky did a better job ganging up on him. His other teammates didnt bail him out when receiving passes. Still only lost by a pt

Btw largely underrated due to his face? Whats wrong with his face?

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 02:12:48 PM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA

Rather than me jumping to conclusions which is exactly what I did when I read this, please say what you mean by 'due to his face'.    If it's a race thing I won't dispute your assessment, I just want to know for sure that I'm jumping to the right conclusion.
He's clearly a reader of DeanOnDraft, which is cool, but that's not why he's underrated.

As for Kaminsky. Please don't buy that he's Big Al on the post. He's not. And please don't buy that he's a true knockdown three-point shooter. He's not.

I love Kaminsky and I pumped him up on the front page before anyone else did on SB Nation, but he's not those things. He's not in the same stratosphere as Big Al on the post, and while he had a good year shooting the ball, he has yet to prove that he can do it consistently. Let's relax on Frank the Tank and just look at him for what he is: a good prospect who will probably be a mid to late first round pick.
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He's clearly a reader of DeanOnDraft, which is cool, but that's not why he's underrated.

As for Kaminsky. Please don't buy that he's Big Al on the post. He's not. And please don't buy that he's a true knockdown three-point shooter. He's not.

I love Kaminsky and I pumped him up on the front page before anyone else did on SB Nation, but he's not those things. He's not in the same stratosphere as Big Al on the post, and while he had a good year shooting the ball, he has yet to prove that he can do it consistently. Let's relax on Frank the Tank and just look at him for what he is: a good prospect who will probably be a mid to late first round pick.

I disagree with you. KO watch the games again. Yes he is no ray allen from the 3 pt line. But when was the last time a center shot threes at 38 per? And he was not like wide open on alot of them either

In regards to his post skills ability,  i said al jerfferson like fakes/moves. Never stated he was as good.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:49:35 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 02:57:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I recall Aaron Gordon could not handle him at all in college, FK had his way with him.  Huge size and reach advantage, obviously.

He would be an upgrade over KO for reasons stated above, but unless we trade KO, would not see the point on targeting him.

He will be a good pro, IMO.  A stretch 4/5.  Should have a solid NBA career.

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 11:39:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
."I think he's been largely underrated due to his face"

Can someone explain ?  Can he not see from one eye or something?

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Start here:
http://deanondraft.com/2014/03/31/s16e8-recap-arizona-upset-by-frank-kaminskys-face/

Everyone should read DoD, btw.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Start here:
http://deanondraft.com/2014/03/31/s16e8-recap-arizona-upset-by-frank-kaminskys-face/

Still doesnt answer the question.  Good link though

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 12:06:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Start here:

That he's ugly?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Start here:

That he's ugly?

He is underrated bc he is ugly?

Who cares how he looks

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Start here:

That he's ugly?

He is underrated bc he is ugly?

Who cares how he looks

At least from that particular article, I don't think its a leap to say that it was written "tongue in cheek".

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
right now he's projected for end of the first round.  apparently really needs to improve his game a bit to move up.

wouldn't be surprised if he's still available with one of the second rounders the C's will have this next draft -- probably Philly's second rounder.  of course that same draft site had us passing on Karl Towns for a SF and then expecting Cauley-Stein to drop to the Clips pick where we grab him.  a tad hard to swallow given this team needs a center desperately.

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
right now he's projected for end of the first round.  apparently really needs to improve his game a bit to move up.

wouldn't be surprised if he's still available with one of the second rounders the C's will have this next draft -- probably Philly's second rounder.  of course that same draft site had us passing on Karl Towns for a SF and then expecting Cauley-Stein to drop to the Clips pick where we grab him.  a tad hard to swallow given this team needs a center desperately.

Kaminsky imo will go higher than many expect.  He is difficult to defend due to his size/skills/ability to bring his man(center) out of the paint. Coaches will have to do a work around like arizona had to do and put a quicker player like gordon on him (which caused other issues). Also he can provide decent rim protection.

I would be happy if the celts got him if we miss out on okafor, towns. If it was between WCS , hammonds or kaminsky i would lean towards picking kaminsky at this pt.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:10:21 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

He won't last into the 2nd round.  No way.

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I too think Kaminsky's post skills and pick and pop shooting is under rated.  He is good enough now to be a back up center.   Watch someone like SA pick him and punish the league with his skillset.  He is an old guy in draft terms but he is pretty nifty with the ball.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:23:33 PM by Celtics4ever »