Author Topic: Bulls (40-32) at Celtics (23-49) Game #73 3/30/14  (Read 22945 times)

Re: Bulls (40-32) at Celtics (23-49) Game #73 3/30/14
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2014, 09:35:54 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Celtics are the best tanking team in the league. Keeping those games close!

getting too close for comfort now it seems.

TP

And never forget

Bass Is Awful.    :D

and BABB is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
To Tank or not to Tank....

That is the question ......

Little Shakespeare .....lingo

well it is obvious we are not sitting starters which is just plain nuts this late in the season. if we end up losing a top 5 pick over this nonsense then we shoulda just made a blockbuster trade for a proven star if we are trying to really win now. sigh.

no worries, we pulled out the L

DA needs to have a talk with Stevens these games are too close... we're about to play bottom feeders all month if we win those games we lose the tank in the last month... for what? We've come too far

No Rondo tomorrow in Chicago should be a guaranteed L... it's the rest of the season that scares me

Well I prefer that the Celtics play hard and win, hopefully they get a few nice wins before the end of the season.

and what does that get them? It kills the franchise and they gain absolutely nothing for it.

I don't think it'll kill the franchise, It would be pretty foolish to rely on the draft to save them.

they aren't relying on it as a savior, they stockpiled draft picks for future trades, but losing major value on this pick would kill the franchise's long term hopes of contending for sure.

I don't think they'll place any higher than the fourth worst record, maybe third if they're lucky besides it's more likely they'll slip down a few spots in the draft rather than just staying put or moving into the top three.

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

well it is obvious we are not sitting starters which is just plain nuts this late in the season. if we end up losing a top 5 pick over this nonsense then we shoulda just made a blockbuster trade for a proven star if we are trying to really win now. sigh.

DA needs to have a talk with Stevens these games are too close... we're about to play bottom feeders all month if we win those games we lose the tank in the last month... for what? We've come too far

No Rondo tomorrow in Chicago should be a guaranteed L... it's the rest of the season that scares me

Well I prefer that the Celtics play hard and win, hopefully they get a few nice wins before the end of the season.

and what does that get them? It kills the franchise and they gain absolutely nothing for it.

I don't think it'll kill the franchise, It would be pretty foolish to rely on the draft to save them.

they aren't relying on it as a savior, they stockpiled draft picks for future trades, but losing major value on this pick would kill the franchise's long term hopes of contending for sure.

I don't think they'll place any higher than the fourth worst record, maybe third if they're lucky besides it's more likely they'll slip down a few spots in the draft rather than just staying put or moving into the top three.

I agree, they most likely end up 5th if they don't win too much in the last 8 games. Still, 5th means the odds of landing in the top 3 from the ping pong balls is much better, and in this draft teams will very likely pay more to trade for the 5th pick than the 7th or 8th. Teams will want Smart, Randle, or Voneleh, not so much the guys who will be around after that. If Embiid somehow falls out of the top 4 from his back issues, the 5th is also a huge pick.

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2014, 09:41:24 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

TP

And never forget

And Bradley is an elite defender !!!! lol
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

TP

And never forget

he is a poor man's carmelo!!!!!!!!!!!!! VOLUME SHOOTER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

TP

And never forget

and a solid ballhandler, play him at the point!

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

I agree, they most likely end up 5th if they don't win too much in the last 8 games. Still, 5th means the odds of landing in the top 3 from the ping pong balls is much better, and in this draft teams will very likely pay more to trade for the 5th pick than the 7th or 8th. Teams will want Smart, Randle, or Voneleh, not so much the guys who will be around after that. If Embiid somehow falls out of the top 4 from his back issues, the 5th is also a huge pick.

It all depends on the doctors assessment on Embiid. I do hope that the Celtics land on the 5th pick just in case he case he gets red flagged. But judging on how hard the Celtics play and how much everyone ahead of them stink. I won't be surprised if they end up sixth or seventh. Personally I just let them play, if they win great if they lose okay the draft should take care of itself.

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2014, 09:45:32 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

TP

And never forget

Well he still is, I know D.J erupted for 33 points.

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2014, 09:48:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

TP

And never forget

He's a shatdown defendahhhhh!!!

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2014, 09:48:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Well played game ...I was entertained ....good battle

I can live with the result ....

Bulls got what they needed as a playoff team playing for position

And we got what we needed as a rebuilding team.....doing the same

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:26 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

TP

And never forget

He's a shatdown defendahhhhh!!!

It happens even to the elite defenders, hopefully he'll get him tomorrow.....

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2014, 10:48:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Are you guys saying that AB is the reason DJ scored 33pts? Okay... you may be right, show me, please.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)