Author Topic: Bulls (40-32) at Celtics (23-49) Game #73 3/30/14  (Read 23200 times)

Re: Bulls (40-32) at Celtics (23-49) Game #73 3/30/14
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
To Tank or not to Tank....

That is the question ......

Little Shakespeare .....lingo

well it is obvious we are not sitting starters which is just plain nuts this late in the season. if we end up losing a top 5 pick over this nonsense then we shoulda just made a blockbuster trade for a proven star if we are trying to really win now. sigh.

no worries, we pulled out the L

DA needs to have a talk with Stevens these games are too close... we're about to play bottom feeders all month if we win those games we lose the tank in the last month... for what? We've come too far

No Rondo tomorrow in Chicago should be a guaranteed L... it's the rest of the season that scares me

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 09:25:18 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

well it is obvious we are not sitting starters which is just plain nuts this late in the season. if we end up losing a top 5 pick over this nonsense then we shoulda just made a blockbuster trade for a proven star if we are trying to really win now. sigh.

lol........ i think we win enough to play ourselves out of a realistic shot at a top 5 pick in april.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
edit

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 09:27:58 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

DA needs to have a talk with Stevens these games are too close... we're about to play bottom feeders all month if we win those games we lose the tank in the last month... for what? We've come too far

No Rondo tomorrow in Chicago should be a guaranteed L... it's the rest of the season that scares me

yep, it is getting past ridiculous. we will blow our draft position in the last 10 games. Making this season a waste. unless we start sitting guys now.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Well I prefer that the Celtics play hard and win, hopefully they get a few nice wins before the end of the season.

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2014, 09:29:47 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Well I prefer that the Celtics play hard and win, hopefully they get a few nice wins before the end of the season.

if we were going that route we should have made that clear at the trade deadline.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I would sit Rondo and Sullinger. That's basically enough to pull out the 5th worst record. Play KO a lot, and let Bradley run the point.

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

and what does that get them? It kills the franchise and they gain absolutely nothing for it.

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2014, 09:31:40 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

if we were going that route we should have made that clear at the trade deadline.

Maybe.... but I don't think there were deals available.

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2014, 09:32:06 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

Agreed... I like that the team plays hard but management chose the tank route and we need to put our all into that not mess it up with less than 10 games left... if we have our starters playing both Philly games for example that'll be a disgrace

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

and what does that get them? It kills the franchise and they gain absolutely nothing for it.

I don't think it'll kill the franchise, It would be pretty foolish to rely on the draft to save them.

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2014, 09:33:48 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I don't think it'll kill the franchise, It would be pretty foolish to rely on the draft to save them.

they aren't relying on it as a savior, they stockpiled draft picks for future trades, but losing major value on this pick would kill the franchise's long term hopes of contending for sure.

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Agreed... I like that the team plays hard but management chose the tank route and we need to put our all into that not mess it up with less than 10 games left... if we have our starters playing both Philly games for example that'll be a disgrace

yep. we are going to find out real soon after this next chicago game if DA wants to lock down a pick or not.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Celtics are the best tanking team in the league. Keeping those games close!

getting too close for comfort now it seems.

TP

And never forget

Bass Is Awful.    :D