Author Topic: Celtics Standings  (Read 4379 times)

Celtics Standings
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:28:38 AM »

Offline Smittymks

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Alright tankers, here we go. Ten games remaining on the schedule and the Celts look to be in OK position for lottery day in late May. Obviously 76ers And Bucks have 1 and 2 safely secured. Orlando has won two in row but still 2.5 games behind the C's, not sure they will catch them. So, the Celtics have 23 wins and two games remaining against Phili, most likely wins. That's 25 total wins for the year. I also think the Celts win at least one more game. Possibly Atlanta or Cleveland. So in the end I think they have 26 total wins. The lakers and kings play each other again so one of those teams will add another victory to their record.

In conclusion here is how I think it will end up. Not sure of this but does a simple coin flip decide ties between two teams?

76ers 15 wins
Bucks 15 wins
Magic 23 wins
Lakers 25 wins
CELTS 26 wins
Kings 27 wins
Pistons 27 wins

"My favorite ring? The next one"
TB12

Re: Celtics Standings
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 08:23:34 AM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
Where is the Jazz? We are most likely going to end up 6th. Next 3 games are losses (most likely) but last 7 games could get really ugly for the tank. If we play all of our guys it's possible that we go 4-4 in April.

Just look at last night, Stevens had his guys fighting till the end, and we were playing against a legit team. In the meantime Lakers are losing by 35 vs a Wolves team that is just waiting for season to end.

Kings are going to have a hard time winning a game if they continue to sit out their only competent PG, Thomas. Lakers are sitting out Gasol for vertigo (Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.?!) and Henry.
Man, 6th pick would really suck after so much pain this season. Oh well, we can hope ping pong balls will be in our favor this time.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:08 AM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
You forgot the jazz (who are currently and will likely end worse than us).  I expect to finish in the 6th spot. Definitely not where I'd like to be.  I'd much rather have the 5th worst record, and hope to have enough luck to jump 1 team for a top 4 pick (by far the most valuable IMO).  I feel like #6 to#9 picks are very similar and a clear level below top 4

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:31:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Yup ...those teams are purposely out losing to us .......slap us right smack dab in that 6 spot .......

We all have seen it coming for weeks

If we are lucky we ll get Randle . Or there will massive trade on draft night .

Without winning the lottery I don't see Rondo staying .

Putting fans though this , and not finishing the job for going for the lotto pick is criminal

But to be this bad and close to lottery pick and throw it away

Is stupid or madness.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
You forgot the jazz (who are currently and will likely end worse than us).  I expect to finish in the 6th spot. Definitely not where I'd like to be.  I'd much rather have the 5th worst record, and hope to have enough luck to jump 1 team for a top 4 pick (by far the most valuable IMO).  I feel like #6 to#9 picks are very similar and a clear level below top 4

You can't finish with the 5th worst record and pick 4th, it's impossible.  The only possible picks you could end up with are 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 or 8.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 09:46:21 AM »

Offline Smittymks

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Yeah, forgot the Jazz. Looks like 6 - 8 is most likely.
"My favorite ring? The next one"
TB12

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Unfortunately we play the Sixers twice... not good news for the tank. Thats two wins, even if we tried to lose, you can't out tank the Panzers.

I hope the NBA sticks it to the Sixers in the lottery and the ping pong balls "bounce" to them with the fifth pick like it did for us in '07. Its absolutely disgusting to the degree in which they've given up on playing competent basketball and it just should not be rewarded. At least a team like the Celtics, they are still fighting out there on the court and are just not that good.

We probably end up with the fifth pick but you never know with the lottery.

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 10:19:19 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Yup ...those teams are purposely out losing to us .......slap us right smack dab in that 6 spot .......

We all have seen it coming for weeks

Without winning the lottery I don't see Rondo staying .

Putting fans though this , and not finishing the job for going for the lotto pick is criminal

But to be this bad and close to lottery pick and throw it away

Is stupid or madness.

We simply never had the talent to out tank Orlando, Philly, or Milwaukee. 

We'll need a little luck with the balls to get a top three pick. 

In my madness and stupidity, I don't see this as the end of the world. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If LA had won against the Bucks last night we'd be in better shape.  Our main competition is the Jazz. They look like the team that will push us to 5. Im not that worried about SAC, they steal a game every now and then like we do. Worst we will do IMO is 6, no higher.

I know it sounds harsh but the best thing for us right now would be for Green or Rondo to get an ankle sprain and miss the final 2 weeks.

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Here is a quick summary of each team's remaining schedule.

SAC: Tough overall. The one easy game is LAL at home. Next easiest is MIN at home. Other than that, they play 8 game against playoff teams, 5 of which are on the road.

LAL: Also tough. Two games against bad teams (SAC, UTA) but both are on the road. The other 8 games are against playoff teams, though only 2 are on the road.

UTA: Two winnable games (NYK and LAL at home). Seven other games against tough teams, 4 of which are on the road.

BOS: Clearly the easiest. Three games against terrible teams (PHI, PHI, CLE). Two other winnable home games (CHA, WAS), and a possibility of stealing one on the road (WAS, ATL, DET).

I hate to say it but this does not look good for the Celtics. If we go 4-6 we will almost certainly end up with the 7th lottery slot.

I think if we go 2-8 we will end up 5th.

If we go 3-7 I think it's a crapshoot.

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

God I hope we don't draft Randle. Would rather trade down to get Gordon or Harris. I seriously doubt Danny would take Randle with his first pick.

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Here is a quick summary of each team's remaining schedule.

SAC: Tough overall. The one easy game is LAL at home. Next easiest is MIN at home. Other than that, they play 8 game against playoff teams, 5 of which are on the road.

LAL: Also tough. Two games against bad teams (SAC, UTA) but both are on the road. The other 8 games are against playoff teams, though only 2 are on the road.

UTA: Two winnable games (NYK and LAL at home). Seven other games against tough teams, 4 of which are on the road.

BOS: Clearly the easiest. Three games against terrible teams (PHI, PHI, CLE). Two other winnable home games (CHA, WAS), and a possibility of stealing one on the road (WAS, ATL, DET).

I hate to say it but this does not look good for the Celtics. If we go 4-6 we will almost certainly end up with the 7th lottery slot.

I think if we go 2-8 we will end up 5th.

If we go 3-7 I think it's a crapshoot.

I don't know why you're calling Cleveland a terrible team.  They're not good, sure, but they've been playing way better than we have of late.  Too top it off, it's a road game and the second of a back-to-back, so no Rondo.  No way we win that game.  I doubt we win more than one game not against Philly.  Our worst opponent other than Philly is Detroit, but that's also a road game and again the second of a back-to-back, so no Rondo.

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Las Vegas set the o/u on the Celtics at 27.5 wins. Considering our schedule we are right on target.

2 automatics against Philly. Plus 2 more random wins. 6th worst record here we come.

The teams i am really surprised by are Utah and Orlando. Those teams have enough talent to get close to 30 wins, supposedly.

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Las Vegas set the o/u on the Celtics at 27.5 wins. Considering our schedule we are right on target.

2 automatics against Philly. Plus 2 more random wins. 6th worst record here we come.

The teams i am really surprised by are Utah and Orlando. Those teams have enough talent to get close to 30 wins, supposedly.

We're getting no more than 1 random win.  There are 8 games against non-Philly teams, but rondo will only play in five of those.  I expect we'll go 1-4 in Rondo games against not Philly, and 0-3 without him.  26 wins, tied for 5th worst record.

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 02:01:46 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Lakers are sitting out Gasol for vertigo (****?!)

Up next... DNP - Psycho
Or.... DNP - North by Northwest