Author Topic: Celtics (23-48) at Raptors (40-31) Game #72 3/28/14  (Read 18835 times)

Re: Celtics (23-48) at Raptors (40-31) Game #72 3/28/14
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2014, 02:44:51 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Nice block by Green.  Glad to see the C's lose this one.

Yes, it's strange to have the thread so in favor of losing, but I think most of the season the thread was not like this. It's now down to 10 games and I think most of us believe that we are better off finishing this season out with losses.

What??? the same guys on here have been talking "tank" from day one. I wonder what the players would think about so called fans of this ilk.
might be real interesting to see what would happen if you tried explaining your tanking theory to Sully and Bayless these last two games!!!!

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2014, 07:45:53 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
This game should never been played this close .

Restocking the tanking Laker s by us winning games is just absurd

its nuts. rondo and sully and hump should sit the rest of the year.

play pressy, babb, johnson, bass, anthony, etc.

Its like knowing which store has the winning lottery ticket  for sale ......but refusing to buy from their stack and buying somewhere else.

Lakers ....aren't proud .....they will take our lottery pick .......laugh at us as they grab Embiid and then sign two superstars head back to the finals.

Madness .....

yup
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2014, 11:02:32 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Yes, it's strange to have the thread so in favor of losing, but I think most of the season the thread was not like this. It's now down to 10 games and I think most of us believe that we are better off finishing this season out with losses.

What??? the same guys on here have been talking "tank" from day one. I wonder what the players would think about so called fans of this ilk.
might be real interesting to see what would happen if you tried explaining your tanking theory to Sully and Bayless these last two games!!!!
You know, tanking is far more subtle than players not trying hard. Like some of us made jokes about on the last page, it is more about C's brass coming up with excuses to tell Stevens to sit guys due to phantom injuries. This is the only realistic scenario that offers "plausible deniability" if asked whether the team is\was tanking.

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I'm just saying I don't think Sully or Bayless would take kindly to any kind of tank talking after the games they put in. just the word alone might set them off, and I don't blame them.
Also it would have been a perfect opportunity for the brass to holler for a possible concussion and yank Rondo when he took those nine stitches to the head the other night.
we are losing these games on defense, specifically in the paint!!!

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2014, 04:16:26 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

You know, tanking is far more subtle than players not trying hard. Like some of us made jokes about on the last page, it is more about C's brass coming up with excuses to tell Stevens to sit guys due to phantom injuries. This is the only realistic scenario that offers "plausible deniability" if asked whether the team is\was tanking.

As I am sure has been said many times here, the C's on the court have to give everything they have to win.  It's who is on the court that matters, which is something danny and Brad can control.  And there are a 100 rationalizations to support playing whoever they decide to play.

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

As I am sure has been said many times here, the C's on the court have to give everything they have to win.  It's who is on the court that matters, which is something danny and Brad can control.  And there are a 100 rationalizations to support playing whoever they decide to play.
free Joel Anthony
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2014, 06:08:18 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
This game should never been played this close .

Restocking the tanking Laker s by us winning games is just absurd

its nuts. rondo and sully and hump should sit the rest of the year.

play pressy, babb, johnson, bass, anthony, etc.

Its like knowing which store has the winning lottery ticket  for sale ......but refusing to buy from their stack and buying somewhere else.

Lakers ....aren't proud .....they will take our lottery pick .......laugh at us as they grab Embiid and then sign two superstars head back to the finals.

Madness .....

Lakers can't sign two superstars because of Nash and Kobe's contracts. 

And the madness is continuing this tanking discussion. 

Mike