Author Topic: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out (list in OP)  (Read 47253 times)

Re: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out (list in OP)
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Any updates on Saric?  His agent said a week ago he'd be declaring in the next week.  Glad I took him off the list.

Saric is ephemeral.  He'll probably declare on the deadline.  Of course, as a foreign player he can take his name out in the middle of June, so who knows how many times you'll have to edit the list on his behalf.

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Any updates on Saric?  His agent said a week ago he'd be declaring in the next week.  Glad I took him off the list.

Saric is ephemeral.  He'll probably declare on the deadline.  Of course, as a foreign player he can take his name out in the middle of June, so who knows how many times you'll have to edit the list on his behalf.

Is he just trying to get leverage to milk his Euro team out of more money or something?  His pre-draft behavior has been very bizarre and erratic the last couple of years, but I don't really know the backstory to it.

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2014, 12:33:18 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

Is he just trying to get leverage to milk his Euro team out of more money or something?  His pre-draft behavior has been very bizarre and erratic the last couple of years, but I don't really know the backstory to it.
His agent has said that his father is too involved in the decision making process.. I don't know, I just get the feeling that Saric would be a headache for whichever team drafted him. I'm sure there are gm's out there who have similar concerns.

If Saric had just entered the draft without a fuss he would be a clearly slotted at the back-end of the top ten.

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

His agent has said that his father is too involved in the decision making process..

Bingo. His agent thinks that his family is too involved in providing an opinion that's clearly running counter to what the agent thinks should happen.

I'd probably put more stock in what the family said -- the agent's just trying to get paid.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2014, 02:34:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't see the other major Euros--Capela, Nurkic, Bogdanovic--on the list yet either. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2014, 03:02:52 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I don't see the other major Euros--Capela, Nurkic, Bogdanovic--on the list yet either.

Thanks - looks like Capela declared a few days back.  TP for the tip.

But I can't find anything indicating Bogdanovic or Nurkic has declared.  Found an article from last year on Bogdanovic declaring for the 2013 draft, which clearly didn't stick.  And nothing on Nurkic besides a few people saying he's likely to declare. Are you sure they're in?

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2014, 03:09:10 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Thanks - looks like Capela declared a few days back.  TP for the tip.

But I can't find anything indicating Bogdanovic or Nurkic has declared.  Found an article from last year on Bogdanovic declaring for the 2013 draft, which clearly didn't stick.  And nothing on Nurkic besides a few people saying he's likely to declare. Are you sure they're in?

I'm not sure at all.  I know nothing about it.  I get my information from your list.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

I've added a third category to the OP that I think will save me a lot of trouble.

« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Dakari Johnson, of Kentucky, has announce he is coming back next season...wow, UK are loaded upfront!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2014, 09:36:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Spencer Dinwiddie of Colorado comes out despite tearing his ACL in January.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/10834513/spencer-dinwiddie-colorado-buffaloes-entering-nba-draft

And Khem Birch is leaving UNLV.  Don't know anything about him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/10834878/khem-birch-leaving-unlv-nba

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2014, 02:37:43 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
The Harrisons twins are coming back to UK!! I just don't see anyone beating this UK team next season
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2014, 02:42:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Mitch McGary is in, after having been suspended all of next year for a single positive marijuana test.  I'm pretty anti-drugs (and alcohol) myself, but that punishment is ridiculous.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcgary-heading-to-nba-after-positive-marijuana-test-nets-him-shocking-year-long-ncaa-ban-073833742.html

Harrison twins are back to school.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--harrison-twins-pass-on-nba-draft--returning-to-kentucky-165755689.html

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2014, 02:47:08 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Really like the Dario Saric category.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
The Harrisons twins are coming back to UK!! I just don't see anyone beating this UK team next season

This is not a repeat from last offseason  ;)

Thanks for the tips saltlover and Birdman, haven't been able to update with the forums down.

Really like the Dario Saric category.

It's really useful because instead of having to constantly keep up with whatever the latest mixed message is, I can just look at the Big Board and see that he is still Dario Saric and move on to more productive wastes of time.

« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey