Author Topic: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out (list in OP)  (Read 47389 times)

Re: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out (list in OP)
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 03:01:07 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I've liked McAdoo for a while and if he's projected to go in the late second round like most mocks have him I'd take a flier. He's 6'9" with a 7'1" wingspan. Add in he's got a good head on his shoulders and I'd buy a 2nd rounder to get him.

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Smart is in.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 12:13:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I hope Randle is in the draft.  Think he is going to be a scoring machine in a couple years . 

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 12:55:21 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I hope Randle is in the draft.  Think he is going to be a scoring machine in a couple years .

Chad Ford is saying the Harrison Twins, Randle and Young will all declare in the next day or two.  I am now warming up on Young for our second pick if he can play the SG.  I think he'd be good with Rondo but they'd be a little slow from a quickness standpoint.  He has the size and potential to be a good defender.  Needs to improve his shot a bit but he's young for his grade.

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 12:58:51 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I like how Napier has been so good. I would've been okay with drafting him, but is he better than Nate Robinson, DJ Augustine, Aaron Brooks, Patty Mills? I have my doubts. They're all good players, but I don't feel good about a lotto pick on any of them with the surplus of competent Pg's out there. Someone will fall in love with his tournament, that's one more lotto pick who slips.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2014, 05:56:44 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I like how Napier has been so good. I would've been okay with drafting him, but is he better than Nate Robinson, DJ Augustine, Aaron Brooks, Patty Mills? I have my doubts. They're all good players, but I don't feel good about a lotto pick on any of them with the surplus of competent Pg's out there. Someone will fall in love with his tournament, that's one more lotto pick who slips.

Yeah, as a rule I don't believe in using lottery picks on that category of player.  Especially upperclassmen.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 08:07:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yeah, as a rule I don't believe in using lottery picks on that category of player.  Especially upperclassmen.
Napier may have played himself into a late first round pick with this tournament but no way he's picked even before our second pick.

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Two good bits of "news" from the Twitter feed on RealGM:

https://twitter.com/MrTrpleDouble10?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fbasketball.realgm.com%2Fnba%2Fteams%2FBoston-Celtics%2F2%2FHome&tw_i=453569336905850880&tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=349949388812070912

Rondo still expects to miss second leg of back-to-back this weekend.

On @WEEI Jeff Goodman said Parker and Embiid will enter the draft (according to what he's hearing from those schools)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 02:37:23 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2014, 09:51:08 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2014/apr/08/joel-embiid-announce-future-plans-news-conference-/

Kansas University freshman center Joel Embiid will hold a news conference to announce his future plans at 2 p.m. Wednesday, coach Bill Self said Tuesday night.

98% sure he declares.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2014, 10:25:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Napier may have played himself into a late first round pick with this tournament but no way he's picked even before our second pick.

Ha, and here's the flip side of it, Id be overjoyed if we picked up Napier with a bought or (affordably) acquired 2nd or very late 1st. If you saw his post game speech, he's hungry, he'll get after it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2014, 12:12:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Agree .  He'll go about 22 or so

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2014, 07:46:39 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Not to mention he's a Roxbury native. Bring the kid home!
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2014, 02:54:39 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Embiid declares for the draft.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/09/report-joe-embiid-declaring-for-nba-draft-today/
Woohoo! This is the one I was most nervous about. I want Jabari to declare as well, but I'm not sure I want the celtics to take him.

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/04/2014_nba_draft_rumors_andrew_w.html

The Celtics are going out in true tanking fashion, having lost their last eight games. They could catch the Magic for that No. 3 spot, and I think that's where GM Danny Ainge is hoping his team can land. We've had Jabari Parker at No. 1 for the Celtics for most of the season with Embiid No. 2, but it's time to revise it (unless Embiid's back injury turns out to be nothing). We now have the Celtics with Wiggins at No. 1, Parker No. 2 and Embiid No. 3.

On the ESPN mock lottery generator, it has the Celtics picking Wiggins if we win the lottery. For most of the season, it was Parker or Embiid.