Author Topic: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out (list in OP)  (Read 47370 times)

Re: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out.
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Parker is the only one of the Holy Trinity left to declare.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Johnny O'Bryant III of LSU is in...no idea who he is as LSU hasn't been relevant in a while.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/10710828/johnny-obryant-iii-lsu-tigers-enter-nba-draft

Also, Embiid still hasn't officially declared despite widespread media reports, so I'm taking him off the list for now. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:22:40 PM by foulweatherfan »

Re: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out (list in OP)
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
James Michael McAdoo is declaring early for some reason.  If it was 2012 this would be big news.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/10722740/james-michael-mcadoo-forgo-final-year-north-carolina-tar-heels-enter-nba-draft

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 02:58:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
James Michael McAdoo is declaring early for some reason.  If it was 2012 this would be big news.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/10722740/james-michael-mcadoo-forgo-final-year-north-carolina-tar-heels-enter-nba-draft
Do we have a second round pick this year?  I admit I am biased but I would love JMM if we could get him.  He has an NBA body and athleticism and I think he could do well (and even better) in the NBA versus college.  Full disclosure, I have been a UNC fan for over 30 years. 

The last time we picked a guy from a school I follow in the second (Powe), we also did well.

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
We don't have one this year -- we traded it in pursuit of The Knockout.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:38 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
We don't have one this year -- we traded it in pursuit of The Knockout.

I like it. Although, leaving off the definite article sounds cooler to me, for some reason. Just "Knockout".

All he needs is a buzzcut and a neck tattoo this offseason, and the transformation will be complete.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Embiid hasn't technically declared left but I'd be shocked if he stayed. Jabari I'd say is 50/50

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2014, 09:24:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Do we have a second round pick this year?  I admit I am biased but I would love JMM if we could get him.  He has an NBA body and athleticism and I think he could do well (and even better) in the NBA versus college.  Full disclosure, I have been a UNC fan for over 30 years. 

The last time we picked a guy from a school I follow in the second (Powe), we also did well.

James McAdoo = James Singleton
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I don't have a lot of faith in McAdoo as a draft pick.   Very unimpressed . 

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 11:19:58 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

I'm a Carolina fan too, and it's made me biased against McAdoo  :P

He did become a lot more consistent and effective in the clutch this year though.

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 12:35:51 AM »

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

He did become a lot more consistent and effective in the clutch this year though.
I can understand that.  And if you look at the message Carolina boards today, there seem to be a decent percentage basically saying good riddance.  Quite unbelievable if you ask me but that is them.  JMM's biggest  issue in terms of skill is that he lacks touch as a shooter.  A significant flaw indeed, and what makes him a second pick. 

But offensively, the kid has an explosive first step and can get by most people his size.  The problem in the college game is that the lane is so congested that he can rarely show off that skill.  I think in the nba, he will be a still.  Am I biased?  Perhaps.  But I see potential and would love to see us find a way to grab him.

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2014, 11:00:03 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

I can understand that.  And if you look at the message Carolina boards today, there seem to be a decent percentage basically saying good riddance.  Quite unbelievable if you ask me but that is them.  JMM's biggest  issue in terms of skill is that he lacks touch as a shooter.  A significant flaw indeed, and what makes him a second pick. 

But offensively, the kid has an explosive first step and can get by most people his size.  The problem in the college game is that the lane is so congested that he can rarely show off that skill.  I think in the nba, he will be a still.  Am I biased?  Perhaps.  But I see potential and would love to see us find a way to grab him.

I agree, and I've been seeing Carolina fans saying the same thing.  The potential's always been there, but I was really sour on McAdoo last season because he seemed to constantly be forcing bad shots and making mental mistakes.  He cleaned that up a lot this year to his credit.  Hope he can stick in the league but he'll need to keep up the positive development to have much of a shot.

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Johnny O'Bryant III of LSU is in...no idea who he is as LSU hasn't been relevant in a while.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/10710828/johnny-obryant-iii-lsu-tigers-enter-nba-draft

Also, Embiid still hasn't officially declared despite widespread media reports, so I'm taking him off the list for now.

Love this kid. Hope he makes it. (Obryant). Hopefully he's not related to Patrick. Grab him with a second rounder danny, go buy one!

Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most