Author Topic: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out (list in OP)  (Read 47416 times)

Re: 2014 NBA Draft: Who's in, who's out.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 03:39:23 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Embid has declared

Joel Embiid will declare for the 2014 NBA Draft.

Embiid is expected to compete with Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker for the first overall pick.

In the past week, Embiid has progressed in settling on agent representation, but no final decision has been made, sources said.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Now if Wiggins,Randle and Parker declare , my top 10.....

1) Embid
2) Parker
3) Wiggins
4) Exum
5) Randle
6) Anderson
7) Smart
8) Vonleh
9) Warren
10) Ennis

If C's end up with Embid, Parker, Wiggins or Exum keep the pick, If not go hard after Kevin Love offering pick 5-10 , Sully and Clippers pick in 2015 .

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
"I wanna talk to Sampson!"

That you, Dave?

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 03:59:24 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
"I wanna talk to Sampson!"

That you, Dave?

Good.  Someone gets it.  ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 04:41:16 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I just thought I would let everyone know I am 'unofficially' declaring for the 2014 NBA draft.

By the way, I'm 'Ryan Anderson' deadly from three point range (but seriously, I actually can make it rain from legit NBA distance).  I have to be a shoe-in for a top ten selection.

Oh, I forgot to mention, back in my younger days (before my back became a problem) I could dunk too!

Is that you Doug McDermott?

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 07:41:49 PM »

fitzhickey

I just thought I would let everyone know I am 'unofficially' declaring for the 2014 NBA draft.

By the way, I'm 'Ryan Anderson' deadly from three point range (but seriously, I actually can make it rain from legit NBA distance).  I have to be a shoe-in for a top ten selection.

Oh, I forgot to mention, back in my younger days (before my back became a problem) I could dunk too!

Is that you Doug McDermott?
LOL TP  ;D

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Zach LaVine and Kyle Anderson both appear to be in:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/10688625/ucla-bruins-lose-kyle-anderson-zach-lavine-nba-draft

I also added Dante Exum and Mouhammadou Jaiteh to the list - I forgot Exum declared months ago.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:56:18 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/10688625/ucla-bruins-lose-kyle-anderson-zach-lavine-nba-draft

I also added Dante Exum and Mouhammadou Jaiteh to the list - I forgot Exum declared months ago.
LaVine is really interesting, he has the much needed size and bounce that our back court is lacking. I like him playing off Rondo and according to realgm his camp feels he should have been ball handling more at UCLA, losing the duty to who else but the coach's son.

That's a nice 3 guard rotation- one always should have the ball, one should always play off the ball and one can do a bit of both depending on who hes playing with. Plus LaVine could be elite in transition and spent all year playing off a pass first PG in Anderson. I'm pumped I figured he'd stay at UCLA, he's on my short list for high ceiling projects in this draft.

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 02:50:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

LaVine is really interesting, he has the much needed size and bounce that our back court is lacking. I like him playing off Rondo and according to realgm his camp feels he should have been ball handling more at UCLA, losing the duty to who else but the coach's son.

That's a nice 3 guard rotation- one always should have the ball, one should always play off the ball and one can do a bit of both depending on who hes playing with. Plus LaVine could be elite in transition and spent all year playing off a pass first PG in Anderson. I'm pumped I figured he'd stay at UCLA, he's on my short list for high ceiling projects in this draft.

Love Lavine. That's one guy that oozes with potential. I agree with that, and think he was miscast at UCLA. This is one guy that will rise once they do all the pre-draft measurements and drills. I would love to get him with the Nets pick.

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Love Lavine. That's one guy that oozes with potential. I agree with that, and think he was miscast at UCLA. This is one guy that will rise once they do all the pre-draft measurements and drills. I would love to get him with the Nets pick.

How was he miscast at UCLA?

Earlier in the year i loved all his potential. He has a nice shot, yet streaky, and a super fast athletic body.

But as the season wore on, he didn't improve, and instead showed a pretty terrible feel for the game. Avery Bradley looks like an allstar compared to Lavine.

i still kind of like him, but i dont think i pick him in the top 20.

*edit: i just read the comment above. Considering Lavine's poor judgement I can't see him as a ball handling point guard. I think it is more likely that he ends up as a undersized shooting guard jacker like Austin Rivers.

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 03:40:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Earlier in the year i loved all his potential. He has a nice shot, yet streaky, and a super fast athletic body.

But as the season wore on, he didn't improve, and instead showed a pretty terrible feel for the game. Avery Bradley looks like an allstar compared to Lavine.

*edit: i just read the comment above. Considering Lavine's poor judgement I can't see him as a ball handling point guard. I think it is more likely that he ends up as a undersized shooting guard jacker like Austin Rivers.

Lavine has played PG his entire life, so putting him off the ball placed him in an unfamiliar situation. He's also 6-5, with incredibly long arms. I wouldn't call him undersized (even for 2 spot), but think he needs to add weight, which should come as his body matures.

Here's a good article that talks about his work ethic and struggles at UCLA:
http://grantland.com/features/swinging-on-the-nba-draft-yo-yo/

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 04:38:44 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Lavine has played PG his entire life, so putting him off the ball placed him in an unfamiliar situation. He's also 6-5, with incredibly long arms. I wouldn't call him undersized (even for 2 spot), but think he needs to add weight, which should come as his body matures.

Here's a good article that talks about his work ethic and struggles at UCLA:
http://grantland.com/features/swinging-on-the-nba-draft-yo-yo/

Even if playing off guard he could have still set teammates up, drive and dish a little, and display those point guard skills. Instead whenever i caught a UCLA game he was only looking to get his on drives and long bombs, most of which didn't really fit the flow of the offense. Do you think he is going to be a point guard?

If he is going to be a shooting guard he is going to have to get used to playing off the ball, unless like Rivers he fancies himself as a Bryant like ball dominator.

He is one of the few prospects i kinda wish would return to school and show us more of his game. I feel the same about Wayne Selden and the Harrsion twins. I am on the fence over whether James Young could use another year in school.

*edit. I do still like him, and would pick him somewhere in the 20-25 range. He is a super fast highflying athlete. But he is a project.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:45:09 PM by Mr October »

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Lavine seems like another year would help him.

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Looks like Saric's dad is behind all this nonsense.  His agent says:

"Dario Saric is absolutely ready for NBA and that he must be on draft this year. His transfer to Efes or any Europian club is totally unnecessary for him," Jablan wrote. "But I must admit that I as an agent, (I) have a big misunderstanding with his father about Dario´s future career. His father has an opinion that Dario must stay in Europe for next one or two seasons.

"I do not know what will happen in the future. Because of those misunderstanding with his father and his father's attitude, maybe I will not represent him anymore. But I as an agent cannot and do not want to throw (away) my professional beliefs and I do not want to be a part of unprofessional involvements of his father in Dario´s career."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/03/28/dario-saric-agent-angry-about-fathers-involvement/7015751/

That's too bad, I would love him on the C's.  It does explain all the weird stuff going on with him, though

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 08:50:36 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.