Author Topic: Who are your top 10 in the draft?  (Read 19084 times)

Re: Who are your top 10 in the draft?
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2014, 02:22:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just an update on the top 10 question:

Based on 21 responses, here are some trends.

1. As expected Wiggins, Embiid and Parker are tough to pick between in the top 3. So far most like wiggins the most, followed closely by Embiid.

2. Exum is almost hands down the 4th pick option, followed by a near unanimous Randle at 5th.

3. Most are split between Smart and Vonleh for 6 and 7.

4. Then the results are wide. Aaron Gordon is the next most picked player even though many wouldn't take him in the top 10.

5. The 8th-10th pick is trending towards: Ennis, Anderson, Warren, Saric, Hood, Harris, McDermott and Nurkic in that order.

If anyone else has a top 10 list for this draft please reply.
Do these results really surprise you Mr. O?

Most of these results also mirror the most reliable mock drafts that have been put out there. Therefore, these results are most likely since most people are most likely to just ape what they read elsewhere.

Heck I put Exum in my top ten and have never seen the kid play, so in reality he shouldn't be in my top 10. Heck my guess is the only full game anyone has seen Exum play is that Nike Summit game. Kind of difficult to come to a definitive conclusion on a player based on one game of game film yet he is a definitive #4 pick?

I would give more credence to these results if they were different than just about every mock draft I have seen around the internet.

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2014, 02:46:25 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
True that the averages on this thread are reflecting the averages of the mocks elsewhere. The top 5 are kind of boring to talk about at this stage. But the further we move down the draft the more unpredictable it becomes.

There is some interesting debate in the 6-8 range. The most surprising is just how wide spread the opinions on Aaron Gordon are. I also find it interesting that there are folks in this thread who like Anderson way more than the mock draft sites do.

And then after number 8 the names become very widespread. The next one of these I would like to do is a 10-20 list, while pulling the consensus top 9 off the board. Over the past few weeks there have been some very spirited debates on who we take around 18, and who will even be available there. I think another list may help with that debate.

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2014, 02:56:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
True that the averages on this thread are reflecting the averages of the mocks elsewhere. The top 5 are kind of boring to talk about at this stage. But the further we move down the draft the more unpredictable it becomes.

There is some interesting debate in the 6-8 range. The most surprising is just how wide spread the opinions on Aaron Gordon are. I also find it interesting that there are folks in this thread who like Anderson way more than the mock draft sites do.

And then after number 8 the names become very widespread. The next one of these I would like to do is a 10-20 list, while pulling the consensus top 9 off the board. Over the past few weeks there have been some very spirited debates on who we take around 18, and who will even be available there. I think another list may help with that debate.
Really like that idea. That I think would make an interesting thread. I think though that the selection of the 2nd first rounder the Celtics have will greatly depend on who they select with the first pick. I just do not see the Celtics taking a PF or a duplicate of the position the player plays who they select with the first pick.

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2014, 03:04:55 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Really like that idea. That I think would make an interesting thread. I think though that the selection of the 2nd first rounder the Celtics have will greatly depend on who they select with the first pick. I just do not see the Celtics taking a PF or a duplicate of the position the player plays who they select with the first pick.

I completely agree. The more refined debates on who the Celtics pick will really get going once we know the lottery order on May 20th.

These lists are more about starting with a player ranking regardless of who is picking and regardless of position.