Author Topic: Who are your top 10 in the draft?  (Read 19110 times)

Re: Who are your top 10 in the draft?
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
What do you guys think of this plan

trade Rondo for Sac 8th and 2016 1st

trade Green for atl 1st and carroll

Draft picks
5th - Gordon
8th - Anderson
16th - Garry Harris
18th - Nick Johnson

Lineup

C- Sullinger, KO, Iverson
PF - Gordon, KO, Bass
SF- Anderson, Wallace, Chris Johnson
SG - Harris, Chris Johnson
PG - Nick Johnson, Pressey

A young team, but in a few years a dangerous team imo. High IQ, competitive, and unique since Anderson will be mainly doing the pg work at the sf spot.  A very good defensive team also with Gordon, Harris, Johnson.

Not a fan.

At all.

Why? Not a fan of anderson or gordon?

Imo both will end up as steals. Gordon is just a consistent shot away and anderson a stronger body. Both are leaders and team first players

The players you are picking to draft are nice. Adding 4 rookies who need playing time to an already very young team could create a mess like we see in the year after year cellar dwellers. Where would the veteran leadership come from?

Gerald Wallace and Brandon Bass aren't going to cut it. Both aren't talented enough to lead by example, and both could become bitter disruptive forces as they know they would be on the way out the door.

Also the celtics don't need to acquire any more picks for the purposes of drafting. As is, it will be a challenge to add 9 first rounders over 5 years to a team of 15, while expecting to be a playoff team during that time.

If anything, i expect Ainge to trade away some of those 9 picks, maybe starting this June.

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2014, 12:29:18 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
if we fall past 5 or 6, then i lean toward gordon.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2014, 07:53:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Draft picks
5th - Gordon
8th - Anderson
16th - Garry Harris
18th - Nick Johnson

Lineup

PF - Gordon, KO, Bass

A young team, but in a few years a dangerous team imo. High IQ, competitive, and unique since Anderson will be mainly doing the pg work at the sf spot.  A very good defensive team also with Gordon, Harris, Johnson.

Not a fan.

At all.

Imo both will end up as steals. Gordon is just a consistent shot away and anderson a stronger body. Both are leaders and team first players

You're blowing up the nucleus of this Celtics squad and replacing it with 4 rookies.  None which strike me as a franchise changer. 

The only thing you're guaranteeing here is another trip to the lottery in '15 and a step or two backwards next season and possibly beyond.

You're too wrapped up in the allure of potential with these kids.

why are you jumping the gun? I stated in a few seasons . And no we won't go backwards. It won't be any worse than it is now.   Green = fail. AB = jury is out. Rondo is a weak player without a supporting all star cast

And i agree none are considered  a franchise changer. However all have potential to be all star players (or near). Absolute worse case, your getting players with high end motors,  high iq (team passing would be great) , skilled , shooting,   plus defensive stoppers (Gordon, Johnson, Harris).

If these 4 guys were in one Ncaa team, they would destroy the competition.

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39

Draft picks
5th - Gordon
8th - Anderson
16th - Garry Harris
18th - Nick Johnson

Lineup

PF - Gordon, KO, Bass

1st of all, that team wouldn't win a game. Secondly, Kyle Anderson wouldn't even be a top 10 pick in last years awful draft. I dont understand why people like him so much. He can pass yes....but he isn't quick enough to go by anyone in the nba, therefore he won't draw defense to be able to get assists. I honestly think he will not play for very long in the league. His game doesn't translate at all. To add to that he cant guard any wing in the nba and he cant guard any big. He is an awful prospect... The type to get u fired, especially if picked in the lottery. I wouldn't touch him in the first round

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »

fitzhickey

Draft picks
5th - Gordon
8th - Anderson
16th - Garry Harris
18th - Nick Johnson

Lineup

PF - Gordon, KO, Bass

Yuck.

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Draft picks
5th - Gordon
8th - Anderson
16th - Garry Harris
18th - Nick Johnson

Lineup

PF - Gordon, KO, Bass

Yuck.
Lol. Apparently he is building around Kelly Olynyk.

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2014, 08:52:10 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I shouldn't be but i get pretty annoyed by how some players are so overrated:

Aaron Gordon-good, athletic role player, and defender but not gonna be able to do much on offense. No scoring skills at all. Can't play in the post or on the perimeter. Not worth a top 10 let alone top 5 pick

Kyle Anderson- my least favorite prospect  by far. Has a slow, akward offense game and suspect jumper. Gonna be awful defensively. Jusf don't see what he will bring to the table for an nba team. Oooo he can pass

Doug McDermott- i like scorers and shooters but not a good athlete at all. Wouldn't mind him at all in the late teens but he might not be able to score in the league and he definitely can't guard any nba players

Cleanthony Early- watched several Wichita state games and he would be a decent option in the mid second... But a top 10 prospect?! That is absurd! He had one good game, relax people

Some of you may think im being negative but I'm not...I'm just being realistic. You shouldn't expect much from any of these guys

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Aaron Gordon-good, athletic role player, and defender but not gonna be able to do much on offense. No scoring skills at all. Can't play in the post or on the perimeter. Not worth a top 10 let alone top 5 pick

Kyle Anderson- my least favorite prospect  by far. Has a slow, akward offense game and suspect jumper. Gonna be awful defensively. Jusf don't see what he will bring to the table for an nba team. Oooo he can pass

Doug McDermott- i like scorers and shooters but not a good athlete at all. Wouldn't mind him at all in the late teens but he might not be able to score in the league and he definitely can't guard any nba players

Cleanthony Early- watched several Wichita state games and he would be a decent option in the mid second... But a top 10 prospect?! That is absurd! He had one good game, relax people

Some of you may think im being negative but I'm not...I'm just being realistic. You shouldn't expect much from any of these guys

I agree with you on Gordon, Early and McDermott, but not Kyle Anderson who has been underrated in all the mocks until recently. Since December until now, he has been consistently in the 20-30 range.

He is 6'8 1/2', has a 9 foot standing reach and a 7'3" wingspan. He played consistently all year with 13 double-doubles, one triple-double and many games with stats in not just points, assists and rebounds but also steals and blocks.

Anderson has improved his jumper tremendously this year hitting almost 50% from 3 and 2 land. He averaged 15,9 and 7 for the Bruins and had a great Pac-12 having big games against Stanford with a 13, 8, 7, 3, 1 stat line and Arizona 21, 15, and 5, often playing against Gordon.

This kid can ball. He has tremendous feel for the game and sees plays before they happen. His court vision and anticipation are elite and he is a good ball handler and excellent passer.

Slo-Mo is used disparagingly by some people to knock his athleticism. Slo-Mo really explains how he slows the game down in his mind.

His versatility makes him a steal in the 20s and a great pick in the low teens. This guy has been underrated, not overrated.

(Now watch him go out and have a bad game against the smothering FLA D. I hope not.)
 Gonna be a good game.

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2014, 09:47:46 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Draft picks
5th - Gordon
8th - Anderson
16th - Garry Harris
18th - Nick Johnson

Lineup

PF - Gordon, KO, Bass

Not a fan.

At all.

You're blowing up the nucleus of this Celtics squad and replacing it with 4 rookies.  None which strike me as a franchise changer. 

The only thing you're guaranteeing here is another trip to the lottery in '15 and a step or two backwards next season and possibly beyond.

You're too wrapped up in the allure of potential with these kids.

why are you jumping the gun? I stated in a few seasons . And no we won't go backwards. It won't be any worse than it is now.   Green = fail. AB = jury is out. Rondo is a weak player without a supporting all star cast

And i agree none are considered  a franchise changer. However all have potential to be all star players (or near). Absolute worse case, your getting players with high end motors,  high iq (team passing would be great) , skilled , shooting,   plus defensive stoppers (Gordon, Johnson, Harris).

If these 4 guys were in one Ncaa team, they would destroy the competition.
Well I would hope so since apparently you are expecting them to compete in the NBA. I have to agree that you are getting caught up in the allure of potential. It's a common thing this time of year. The reality is that no one knows whether any of these guys are going to pan out. That doesn't mean they don't have talent and physical gifts, just that there's a lot more required to make it in this league. They need discipline, need to handle a long season, away from family/spouses, need to eat right, work out in the gym constantly, and also need a good head on their shoulders, ability to pick up plays and learn tons of stuff, and lastly, a bit of luck (i.e., few injuries). That's a lot to ask in addition to the potential. Some guys just can't hack it, or don't hack it.

I would prefer to build around Rondo and Sully.

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2014, 12:17:03 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'm a huge Kyle Anderson fan.  He's not having the greatest game tonight, but man this kid has such a great feel for the game and such control over it.  My only worries about him are on the defensive end.  His length is gonna get him some steals and blocks even in the NBA, but I don't like his conditioning, his lateral movement, or his close outs.

I'd say his floor is better Evan Turner.  His passing is far superior to Turner's though.  I hope he gets a chance to play the PG position in the NBA.  The way he uses his size to score reminds me of Turner, except Anderson is a little taller with a little more length.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2014, 03:10:12 AM »

fitzhickey

1. Wiggins
2. Embiid
3. Parker
4. Exum
5. Randle
6. Smart
7. Gordon
8. Anderson
9. Warren
10. Hood

This isn't where I think they'll go, but they're my top ten players.

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2014, 09:21:49 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

I agree with you on Gordon, Early and McDermott, but not Kyle Anderson who has been underrated in all the mocks until recently. Since December until now, he has been consistently in the 20-30 range.

He is 6'8 1/2', has a 9 foot standing reach and a 7'3" wingspan. He played consistently all year with 13 double-doubles, one triple-double and many games with stats in not just points, assists and rebounds but also steals and blocks.

Anderson has improved his jumper tremendously this year hitting almost 50% from 3 and 2 land. He averaged 15,9 and 7 for the Bruins and had a great Pac-12 having big games against Stanford with a 13, 8, 7, 3, 1 stat line and Arizona 21, 15, and 5, often playing against Gordon.

This kid can ball. He has tremendous feel for the game and sees plays before they happen. His court vision and anticipation are elite and he is a good ball handler and excellent passer.

Slo-Mo is used disparagingly by some people to knock his athleticism. Slo-Mo really explains how he slows the game down in his mind.

His versatility makes him a steal in the 20s and a great pick in the low teens. This guy has been underrated, not overrated.

(Now watch him go out and have a bad game against the smothering FLA D. I hope not.)
 Gonna be a good game.

"Smothering" is the right word.  Every time Anderson touched the ball, he had two, and sometimes three Gators all over him.

'Kinda reminds me of how defenses were smothering Pierce in the Fall of his last season as a Celtic (Doc wasn't using both Pierce and Green together on the floor much until the Spring).
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2014, 09:43:56 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
1. Wiggins
2. Embiid
3. Parker
4. Exum
5. Randle
6. Smart
7. Gordon
8. Anderson
9. Warren
10. Hood

This isn't where I think they'll go, but they're my top ten players.

1.Embiid
2. Wiggins
3. Parker
4. Randle
5. Exum
6. Gordon
7.Vonleh
8.Smart
9. Ennis
10. Hood

I would be pumped if the C's got any of the top 7 guys.  Any of those guys would help this team immediately.....

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Gonna be a good game.

"Smothering" is the right word.  Every time Anderson touched the ball, he had two, and sometimes three Gators all over him.

'Kinda reminds me of how defenses were smothering Pierce in the Fall of his last season as a Celtic (Doc wasn't using both Pierce and Green together on the floor much until the Spring).

Good comparison to what PP experienced. TP.

Last night Anderson still managed 11/9/5/2 even with all that attention.

How valuable he is really showed when UCLA stagnated when he was on the bench with those fouls, especially for that critical stretch in the second half that decided the game.

That second foul they called on him in the lane, early in the game had about a full 3-4 second delay. Talk about a late call, early in the game impacting the result of the game.
Too bad, was rooting for him.

Maybe it's better they didn't advance. Less spotlight on him so maybe the GMs who are discounting him for his lack of athleticism will keep sleeping on him.

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2014, 01:48:12 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Just an update on the top 10 question:

Based on 21 responses, here are some trends.

1. As expected Wiggins, Embiid and Parker are tough to pick between in the top 3. So far most like wiggins the most, followed closely by Embiid.

2. Exum is almost hands down the 4th pick option, followed by a near unanimous Randle at 5th.

3. Most are split between Smart and Vonleh for 6 and 7.

4. Then the results are wide. Aaron Gordon is the next most picked player even though many wouldn't take him in the top 10.

5. The 8th-10th pick is trending towards: Ennis, Anderson, Warren, Saric, Hood, Harris, McDermott and Nurkic in that order.

If anyone else has a top 10 list for this draft please reply.