Author Topic: Forget the Lottery? Cleanthony Early!  (Read 6948 times)

Forget the Lottery? Cleanthony Early!
« on: March 24, 2014, 02:07:53 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Anyone see Kentucky-Wichita State....?
yes Randle was good, yes on the Harrison twins.

Cleanthony Early from Wichita State was the star.

If we drop down, I don't care there is a ton of talent
in this draft. I would be happy with  Cleanthony Early.....

Re: Forget the Lottery? Cleanthony Early!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 02:32:42 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Early can flat out play - as a 3 or as a big 2.  Polished offensive skills, good from outside the arc and can drive the basketball. Excellent handle for a big kid, and terrific quickness for his size.

He doesn't work as hard defensively as I'd like, but he's a good kid with the physical tools to be an above-average defender in the league.

Not a lottery guy, but a reasonable candidate in the late teens or, better yet, if a third pick can be acquired in the first round.

No doubt Early made himself some coin on Sunday.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That jump shot  move Early  has on the right baseline is downright nasty.  He made it with guys all over him several times.  I have read some reports that compare Early to Cliff Robinson at the next level.

Ron Baker played well in the loss too.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
nice scouting report. Early and Baker had ice in their veins against Kentucky.
I kept watching for Cauley-Stein and Randle and I just couldn't get over how good Wichita State was. I like Calipari but I would have like watching Wichita State go forward.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Early can flat out play - as a 3 or as a big 2.  Polished offensive skills, good from outside the arc and can drive the basketball. Excellent handle for a big kid, and terrific quickness for his size.

He doesn't work as hard defensively as I'd like, but he's a good kid with the physical tools to be an above-average defender in the league.

Not a lottery guy, but a reasonable candidate in the late teens or, better yet, if a third pick can be acquired in the first round.

I agree with most points but have to disagree with Early being a 3 or a big 2. He currently is a 4 with perimeter skills. He isn't going to be big enough in the NBA to play the 4 so he will need to transition to the 3. I don't think he will ever be anything resembling a 2 in the NBA.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
That's my first time hearing that name...I totally assumed you meant

forget the lottery Clean our roster and sign Anthony Early on next season

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I agree with most points but have to disagree with Early being a 3 or a big 2. He currently is a 4 with perimeter skills. He isn't going to be big enough in the NBA to play the 4 so he will need to transition to the 3. I don't think he will ever be anything resembling a 2 in the NBA.

Spot on again CFAN. I was very impressed seeing Early play...But then I check some reports on him and found out he naturally plays the power forward position at 6' 8'' and was disappointed. If he was a natural SF that changes things entirely but being a tweener forward like that instantly drops his stock in my eyes.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 04:45:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's a senior.  Might slip into the 2nd round. 

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Eh. This seems like a classic case of good tourney game bumping up a player.

He's solid and would be a good roll player, but I'd rather have Hood or Warren if we are drafting a SF out of the lottery. Hood would have a better shot at being able to play SG.

I like Stauskas to if we need a SG that can spot up and spread the floor.

Right now Im really hoping for Hood with our second first.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Early looked awesome. Considering he can shoot i imagine that he will do ok transitioning to SF. Someone mention cliff Robinson. jeff green comes to mind a little too.

I am not sure about his ability to create, pass and dribble. But i dont think of Jeff Green very highly in those roles either. He does look like a good first round pick, someone who should go in the mid to late 20s.

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Only concern is that he doesnt have a left hand like wiggins

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 05:47:05 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
My original point was what a great game that was and what a great game he had.  We all look for Randle, Cauley Stein, and young and then this unknown to me comes out and shines way past all of them. He was a man amongst boys.

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 05:49:36 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Would love to draft Cleanthony Early, this guy can flat out ball!
But do you guys think that he will declare this year?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
My original point was what a great game that was and what a great game he had.  We all look for Randle, Cauley Stein, and young and then this unknown to me comes out and shines way past all of them. He was a man amongst boys.

Randle still jumped out at me (in addition to Early). He was putting in work around the basket. In the very least you always know he is going to get a bunch of rebounds. I look forward to seeing him play alongside an actual point guard, and against man to man NBA defense.

The Harrsion twins looked pretty impressive. They have been getting better all year. They look like they can become solid shooting guards.