Author Topic: Westbrook for Pekovic and a pick  (Read 4228 times)

Westbrook for Pekovic and a pick
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Wouldn't OKC have to consider it? A Pekovic/Ibaka/Durant/Sefalosha/Reggie Jackson line up is pretty good, no? Obviously Minnesota would be crazy to reject that offer.

Re: Westbrook for Pekovic and a pick
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 02:14:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wouldn't OKC have to consider it?
No they wouldn't.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:15:58 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think you answered your own question.  If Minnesota is "crazy" not to accept it, then OKC is crazy not to get more value.  Presti wouldn't pick up the phone.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 02:21:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Terrrrrrrible idea.

If the Grizzlies weren't a Western Conference team, I could see a Westbrook for Conley +  Gasol deal.

But really, I think the Thunder have the key pieces in place to win it all.  Just need some luck and to find the right mix with the bench.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
A top 7 PG for a top 15-20 Center and a 10-15 pick... Right....

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Pekovic + Rubio + pick for Westbrook OKC would have to consider.  Without Rubio they hang up the phone and don't take any more calls from minnesota.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 11:51:36 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Pekovic + Rubio + pick for Westbrook OKC would have to consider.  Without Rubio they hang up the phone and don't take any more calls from minnesota.

Clearly you haven't watched Rubio fall off the face of the earth this year.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

agreed.  Minny doesn't have anything to trade that's worth Westbrook except Love and that would be pointless with Durant and Ibaka in OKC.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
While I wouldn't do the deal as OKC, I have to say that Durant, Ibaka and Pekovic are an absolutely perfect fit.  So if Minny can offer more, as Presti I'm at least listening.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 01:12:30 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Wouldn't OKC have to consider it? A Pekovic/Ibaka/Durant/Sefalosha/Reggie Jackson line up is pretty good, no? Obviously Minnesota would be crazy to reject that offer.

Put idea in the subject.   ;). I saw the title and thought it was a rumor or something.

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Unless Minnesota wins the lottery, and that pick is top 3, I do not see OKC considering a deal like that. 

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Rubio is not shooting well from 2pt range, but is at 35.6% from three and 82.1% from the line.  He is pulling down 4.5 rebounds a game, dishing out 8.6 assists per game, and getting a whopping 2.4 steals a game.  He doesn't shoot much obviously and is at just 9 points a game (which is fine for someone who is shooting just 38% from 2 point range), but he is certainly a pretty solid PG on the whole.   His numbers in totals, efficiency, and per minute are also up across the board this year and he is also still just 23 years old.  I think it is you that hasn't paid any attention to Rubio either this year or the prior two years.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:45:08 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 02:10:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Do yourself a favor and actually watch a timberwolves game. Rubio hasn't been the same since his encounter with Kobe. He is the version of Rondo we were all scared of after Rondo went down last year.

He's playing tentatively, and Rick Adelman has kept him on the bench in key moments of games (like the end of the game, with the score close) because he's such a liability on the court.

His numbers aren't awful, but they're not telling the full story. Feel free to keep counting beans instead of watching the games, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 02:26:05 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Do yourself a favor and actually watch a timberwolves game. Rubio hasn't been the same since his encounter with Kobe. He is the version of Rondo we were all scared of after Rondo went down last year.

He's playing tentatively, and Rick Adelman has kept him on the bench in key moments of games (like the end of the game, with the score close) because he's such a liability on the court.

His numbers aren't awful, but they're not telling the full story. Feel free to keep counting beans instead of watching the games, though.
Confirmed.  I live in Minneapolis and go to most of the games.  It's a relief when Barea comes in.