Author Topic: Trade with Jazz  (Read 5317 times)

Re: Trade with Jazz
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 10:13:04 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
2. AB is a bench guard, he's not starting material.
3. Bass is a bench big, he wouldn't start on a contender.  Also Utah is rebuilding, adding Bass does nothing for them to help the rebuild.

Bradley's been a starter for the last two and a half seasons and Bass started on a team that went to game 7 of the conference finals. Aside from that those are accurate claims.

just because they started for us does not make them starting-quality players.  they would serve the team better if they were coming off the bench -- primarily because we'd have better players playing in front of them.

That's a meaningless comment. LeBron and Durant would serve their team better if they were coming off the bench because there were better players playing in front of them.

Using your logic, anyone starting for Philly other than MCW or Young right now is someone you'd consider a starting-quality player.  to me, just because a player starts, doesn't mean that player should or would be starting for a good team

Sure, if you don't see the difference between this year's Sixers and quality playoff teams. They *did* start on a good team. Saying they wouldn't is like claiming a player like Antoine Walker would never make an all-star team.

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
3. Bass is a bench big, he wouldn't start on a contender.  Also Utah is rebuilding, adding Bass does nothing for them to help the rebuild.

Bradley's been a starter for the last two and a half seasons and Bass started on a team that went to game 7 of the conference finals. Aside from that those are accurate claims.

just because they started for us does not make them starting-quality players.  they would serve the team better if they were coming off the bench -- primarily because we'd have better players playing in front of them.

That's a meaningless comment. LeBron and Durant would serve their team better if they were coming off the bench because there were better players playing in front of them.

Using your logic, anyone starting for Philly other than MCW or Young right now is someone you'd consider a starting-quality player.  to me, just because a player starts, doesn't mean that player should or would be starting for a good team

Sure, if you don't see the difference between this year's Sixers and quality playoff teams. They *did* start on a good team. Saying they wouldn't is like claiming a player like Antoine Walker would never make an all-star team.

you're making no sense.  whatever.  you're looking for an argument for argument's sake. 

my point still stands.  these guys aren't good enough to start for a contending team.  period.  if you want to argue that because they've started for us before (and anyone who's started for anyone) must mean they're good enough to start, feel free to argue that with someone else.  i don't find it a credible argument. 

if you felt that they ARE starting caliber players based on your opinion of having watched them play, that would be different and might have merit but that's not what you're saying

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

you're making no sense.  whatever.  you're looking for an argument for argument's sake. 

my point still stands.  these guys aren't good enough to start for a contending team.  period.  if you want to argue that because they've started for us before (and anyone who's started for anyone) must mean they're good enough to start, feel free to argue that with someone else.  i don't find it a credible argument. 

I'm not saying that anyone who's ever started for any team is good enough to start on a contending team, but it's fairly ridiculous to say that players who have started for contending teams aren't good enough to start on a contending team. Neither of them are stars but Bass is a fairly average player and Bradley's not that much worse when he's healthy. Neither of them are all-world but if you're extolling the virtues of players like Hayward you have to realize that he's not that far above them at this point in time.

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I'm not saying that anyone who's ever started for any team is good enough to start on a contending team, but it's fairly ridiculous to say that players who have started for contending teams aren't good enough to start on a contending team. Neither of them are stars but Bass is a fairly average player and Bradley's not that much worse when he's healthy. Neither of them are all-world but if you're extolling the virtues of players like Hayward you have to realize that he's not that far above them at this point in time.

I'm not extolling the virtues of Hayward at all.  never have.  I see him as Jeff Green Lite.  not sure where you're getting that from.

My point's not ridiculous as you believe.  AB and Bass started for the C's because we didn't have better options.  the fact the C's got as far as they did with those 2 starting is more of a tribute to the other starters.  Case in point, we have 2 better options at PF than Bass that are already on the team in Sully and Hump. 

Your previous statement about Lebron and Durant to contradict me was asinine.  My statement about AB and Bass is valid because there's many other players at SG and PF that could start over them if they were on the team (we already have 2 PFs that are better and 1 more that will most likely be better by next season) therefore the team would be better off with those 2 off the bench because there are better options to be had to start in their place.  In comparison, there aren't any better options than Durant or Lebron to justify putting them on the bench so your comment is pointless.

When this team is back in contention, neither Bass nor AB will be starters if they're still with the team because Danny will have found the necessary upgrades to those players (such is already the case with Bass).