Author Topic: Philly is just gross!  (Read 13824 times)

Philly is just gross!
« on: March 20, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I'm sorry...this is not an in depth or sophisticated post.  Just a pointless vent, but I can't believe the trash that Philly is rolling out onto the floor.

I assume they have a method to their madness, but they make me want to hurl!

Not only the losses but the way they lose and the point differential...it's disgusting.

Vent over...

Re: Philly is just gross!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:45:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
and yet Milwaukee is still a worse team
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

This. +1
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:02:51 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Not since the Hawes+Turner dumps.  Before then, probably. 

Everyone knows about the current streak, but Philly has lost 32 of its last 35(!)

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

Everyone knows about the current streak, but Philly has lost 32 of its last 35(!)
And Milwaukee has lost 31 of its last 37 including 8 of its last 9.  Milwaukee is awful.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 09:57:07 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
God looking at their roster reminds me of the beginning of Major League. I recognize maybe 3 to 4 names. And on a side note I had no idea they were at 22 straight losses (I mean seriously all of February and so far March without winning a game?!)

Like someone else mentioned their point differential is absurd. A loss by 5 to Utah and a loss by 6 to Brooklyn, everything else has been a blowout. I hope they don't get rewarded for their blatant take-a-palooza.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
God looking at their roster reminds me of the beginning of Major League. I recognize maybe 3 to 4 names. And on a side note I had no idea they were at 22 straight losses (I mean seriously all of February and so far March without winning a game?!)

Like someone else mentioned their point differential is absurd. A loss by 5 to Utah and a loss by 6 to Brooklyn, everything else has been a blowout. I hope they don't get rewarded for their blatant take-a-palooza.
I know I'm being unrealistic but what I'd like to see the league do is take away Philly's first round pick this year, that or pull them from the lottery and give them the 14th or 30th pick.  What they've done is make a mockery of the game/league and should be treated as such. 

Milwaukee is a different story IMO.  they haven't jettisoned their better players for the explicit purpose of being horrible.  That roster should be better than their record.  Not by a whole lot, but definitely better by 5-6 games based on the roster.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Milwaukee is a different story IMO.  they haven't jettisoned their better players for the explicit purpose of being horrible.  That roster should be better than their record.  Not by a whole lot, but definitely better by 5-6 games based on the roster.

I agree.  Milwaukee was going to be bad regardless, but they've been hampered by injuries and making a dumb free agency bet on a guy (Mayo) whose career trajectory has been pointing toward the "try hard in contract year, steal money from a league backwater otherwise" model for years.  Unlike Philly, they seem to have legitimately tried to compete, they're just terribly managed and have had some bad luck to boot.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 10:32:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I know I'm being unrealistic but what I'd like to see the league do is take away Philly's first round pick this year, that or pull them from the lottery and give them the 14th or 30th pick.  What they've done is make a mockery of the game/league and should be treated as such. 

100% agree with both of these statements.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 10:37:29 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

This. +1
i dont know. philly right now is criminally bad. simply staggering isnt it?

but, at least philly's tankerific season has noel AND draft picks galore in waiting. they MAY make the playoffs next season (which means another #1 pick for our fabulous celtics!)

milwauke? i expect next year to be just about as putrid as this one.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

And Milwaukee has lost 31 of its last 37 including 8 of its last 9.  Milwaukee is awful.

Well, let's remember that Philly started the season well, winning it's opener against Miami, its first three overall, and with an OT win over Houston on Nov. 13 went to 5-4. Remember how they were one of the top stories of the early season? Maybe they were just overachieving, but they certainly were better than the Bucks.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 10:47:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Philly look bad at the moment but they are going to have a really good nucleus to build around next season with M.Carter-Williams, Nerlens Noel, a top five and a top ten draft pick to build around long term. Plus Thaddeus Young.

They have done a really good job of positioning their team for a quick turnaround with their work over the last 12 months. The Jrue Holiday trade was fantastic. Noel and a top ten pick. Hit a home run on MCW. Excellent. And now Philly are set to get a top five pick to add to that. Real genuine talent. Prospects with lots of potential. 4 of 'em. In 12 months work. Great job.

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
I saw Philly against Chicago back in Jan (thanks S.W.) and that roster could quite possibly be the worst team I've ever seen in person.   Pretty horrific.   Like 3-4 guys who were really even NBA caliber.  I think some of the Charlotte squads from back in the day are in competition with that. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Philly is going to be fine. Noel's going to be a stud. Plus they'll have two lottery picks to work with this year. They're headed in the right direction.

But yeah, right now they're pretty pitiful. I've never heard of half their roster. Seriously.

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 11:08:27 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Sixers are actually in a pretty similar situation with us, except for a few nuances. MCW might turn out to be like Rondo, or possibly even better. It remains to be seen. Noel is a young big who "slipped" in the draft (thought not as much as Sully) and while the 2 have different games, i'm just drawing the comparison in that they're both big men with major injuries in their history. Young is like a better version of Green. And finally, both teams hope to draft (or trade for) a high-impact player in this offseason.

They're doing fine. Perhaps more than fine, actually.
- LilRip