Author Topic: Still think we should try to trade for Larry Sanders...  (Read 13559 times)

Re: Still think we should try to trade for Larry Sanders...
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Oh yeah, I mean, a lot of those dudes are jerks. A lot of them aren't. We're talking about a striation of humanity here, just like we are everywhere else. I think Sanders has gotten a bum rap in Milwaukee, and I don't think a lot of it has been his fault.

On the other hand, I tend to fall on the side of Cuban when it comes to locker room stuff:

Your best player has to be a fit for what you want the culture of the team to be. He has to be someone who leads by example. Someone who sets the tone in the locker room and on the court.  It isn’t about who talks the most or the loudest. It is about the demeanor and attitude he brings.  It is amazing how when the culture is strong, the chemistry is strong.  When the Mavs have brought in players that didn’t fit or buy in to  our culture it created on the court and off the court problems.  Its possible to handle one guy who may not fit it. It’s going to have a negative impact on your won and loss record if you have more than one.

So then the question becomes, does the organization have what it takes to deal with a player who doesn't contribute positively to the culture? We did, when KG and The Truth were here, I'm not sure we do now, but I'd like to think so.

As for what it would take to get Sanders, I'd trade Sullinger and the Clippers 1st for him. TP back, by the way.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Cool. I agree with the Cuban quote as well. It's amazing how wrong things can go when a team has multiple problem players.

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2014, 11:40:02 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You can count me as a Sanders backer.
I don't think we can coax Noah, M Gasol, Drummond, or Cousins through that door.

And I think Sanders is an Elite defender at the 5.  If we are dealing mid/late 1sts plus a couple of non-core pieces, I'm all for acquiring Sanders.

Here's Sander's 10 block game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUOtTFYTWpU

Top 10 plays - denies Kobe, denies Love and Pekovic, and a huge dunk over none other than KG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym-JqM16viY

Its just the small things he does that really seems to cover all the bases. I don't know, maybe I'm seeing things. I just really like how Sanders runs on the floor too. Hes so quick, its almost impossible to believe hes 6'11, the way he runs... He runs like a gazelle, and seems to have an endless motor. I can't count how many times Sanders has run up and down the court looking for the pass, but Jennings never did of course.

I would love to see a duo of Sanders/Rondo. Sanders does extremely well on receiving the ball and finishing during a pick and roll.

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2014, 04:02:13 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Larry Sanders likes Rick and Morty.

That's all I need.

Get him.