Author Topic: 2014 Patriots Football  (Read 48301 times)

Re: 2014 Patriots Football
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2014, 01:46:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There is only one "sexy time":

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2014, 02:04:27 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
If he stays healthy and keeps scoring TDs, he can do whatever the heck he wants.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Nice win today by the Pats.

Frustration in the San Diego-Denver game (if your a Pats fan).  San Diego kicker misses 2 field goals. Denver up 9-3.  Should have been winnable game for San Diego.  Denver driving now -- looks like it's not going to happen for SD. A SD win leaves Pats needing only one win in last 2 games to hold home field throughout playoffs. 

« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Nice win today by the Pats.

Frustration in the San Diego-Denver game (if your a Pats fan).  San Diego kicker misses 2 field goals. Denver up 9-3.  Should have been winnable game for San Diego.  Denver driving now -- looks like it's not going to happen for SD. A SD win leaves Pats needing only one win in last 2 games to hold home field throughout playoffs.

Not so fast NG, this is still a game. I'm kinda devastated for Fantasy reasons that Floyd has one catch for 7 yards. >:(

« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2014, 07:08:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
On a related note, is Brady stepping to the front of the line for MVP? Rodgers, who was thought to be leading the way, had a horrendous day and lost to the lowly Bills. I realize that Andrew Luck is also in the discussion, but another blowout versus the Bills and you have to think that he should be be highly considered.

« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2014, 07:13:06 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
On a related note, is Brady stepping to the front of the line for MVP? Rodgers, who was thought to be leading the way, had a horrendous day and lost to the lowly Bills. I realize that Andrew Luck is also in the discussion, but another blowout versus the Bills and you have to think that he should be be highly considered.

Brady's probably in the discussion, but except for a collapse in the last 2 games by Rodgers, I think it goes to him this year. 

« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2014, 07:21:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

No, I think its still Rodgers.  Unless he completely falls apart the next 2 weeks, he'll end up being the MVP.   The season he is having is pretty off the charts. 

Nice win for the Pats today.  Always good to wrap up the division although that's not the endgame.  Still fighting for HFA which would be huge and Buffalo lingers the final week of the season which looks a little scary right now considering the way their D is playing. 

Really good to see Chandler Jones back and being effective first game back.  I thought he had a heckuva game.   Also good to get Hightower back.  Defense looked amazing that 2nd half.  Secondary is continuing to play lights out.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2014, 07:30:46 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
That's six straight AFC Championships and 12 out of 14 seasons.  That's pretty incredible.  12 out of 15 for the Belichick era and 12 out of 13 for Brady excluding his injured season.

They just need to win at the Jets and at home against the Bills to have home field advantage throught the AFC playoffs.

« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
I was afraid the Jets would be very tough today.   Fortunate to walk away with the win.  O-line has not been as strong the past few weeks, and run defense not where it was either.   Bills will be tough next week and probably fighting for their playoff lives.   Maybe Bengals beat Broncos tomorrow night and next week becomes a rest Gronk and Edelman (assuming he's even healthy enough to play) next week.

« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2014, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I was afraid the Jets would be very tough today.   Fortunate to walk away with the win.  O-line has not been as strong the past few weeks, and run defense not where it was either.   Bills will be tough next week and probably fighting for their playoff lives.   Maybe Bengals beat Broncos tomorrow night and next week becomes a rest Gronk and Edelman (assuming he's even healthy enough to play) next week.

Not an encouraging game today. I know NE was missing a few people, but a 1-point win against a woeful Jets team is kinda weak. I'm concerned the Patriots peaked too soon.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:10:28 PM by rocknrollforyoursoul »
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2014, 05:16:32 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Not an encouraging game today. I know NE was missing a few people, but a 1-point win against a woeful Jets team is kinda weak.

A 1 point win over the Raiders or Titans would worry me, but the Jets are always a tough win regardless of their record.  Besides, close wins are good experiences for the team.  At least they know what offensive line not use with Connolly out.  :)

« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2014, 07:55:57 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
More Broncos pro bowlers than Pats? They just never stop disrespecting the Pats. They just never will

« Reply #193 on: January 01, 2015, 08:11:00 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wow. Florida State looks like a bunch of chumps right about now

« Reply #194 on: January 01, 2015, 08:22:11 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wow. Florida State looks like a bunch of chumps right about now

Oregon is a fun team to watch.
Oregon is a great state in which to live (from experience).
Oregon is doing a nice job representing the Pac 12 -- Thank you very much!
Celtics fan for life.