Author Topic: 2014 Patriots Football  (Read 48309 times)

Re: 2014 Patriots Football
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So for all the naysayers that had the Pats dead in their tracks 6 weeks ago and were saying Brady was finished or had declined as a player, what do you have to say now that they will probably be considered the best team in the NFL with Brady jumping up into MVP consideration
Why did they play so horrid 6 weeks ago?

« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I feel like this whole season is a countdown to the playoffs with a healthy team and by team I mostly mean Gronk. But I also mean a few other guys. Like Wilfork and Revis

« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I feel like this whole season is a countdown to the playoffs with a healthy team and by team I mostly mean Gronk. But I also mean a few other guys. Like Wilfork and Revis

It would be amazing to FINALLY have a 100% healthy Patriots team entering the playoffs.

Still games to go though (fingers crossed).
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Good health is what it's all about.  Would love to see the Pats get a full game cushion for the top seed.  I know BB is always reluctant to rest players, but I think he'd at least play Gronk light in week 17 if the Pats were to clinch the top seed early.

On another note, the Miami-Denver game is an intersting one ot watch.  Should the Dolphins win (leading 7-3 early), the Broncos are in a dogfight for their division -- and maybe even for the playoffs.   But a Dolphins win puts pressure on the Pats to win on the upcoming road trip at GB and then SD.  Given Miami's Week 1 victory over NE, the Pats nay be in a little danger from the surprising Dolphins.

« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2014, 09:49:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Keep it classy, Detroit.

https://vine.co/v/O1bwWF1dT55

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2014, 10:13:02 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

It would be amazing to FINALLY have a 100% healthy Patriots team entering the playoffs.

Still games to go though (fingers crossed).

Well, that's still not going to happen this year with no Ridley or Mayo.

« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2014, 12:21:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Their last three wins just confirms that the Pats are the best team in the league right now and that the earlier craziness of people wanting to say Brady was over the hill and needed to go was just uninformed nonsense.

« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2014, 12:23:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Their last three wins just confirms that the Pats are the best team in the league right now and that the earlier craziness of people wanting to say Brady was over the hill and needed to go was just uninformed nonsense.

I'm not sure they're the best team in the league right now, but they're much better at pretending to be that than when they try to pretend like they're not very good. That's for sure.

I do think that their only real competition left on the schedule is Green Bay.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2014, 12:24:21 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Keep it classy, Detroit.

Related, here's Bruschi's take:
you know you absolutely beat someone up when they get frustrated like that, and they decide to be tough when the game is over. You want to fight now? You want to come strong now? The game is over and now you want to talk trash and have this energy? What happened when the game was going on? We used to call these guys "fake tough guys" in the locker room. I get emotional about this because people still get mad about "running up the score" -- this isn't Pop Warner, this isn't high school, this even college. This is professional football. The games are played once a week. Defensively, we always knew our job was stop the offense and if we couldn't get that done, it was our fault. If you can't stop a team and they're scoring 50 points on you, whose fault is that. That's all I have to say.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/51387

I'd love to get Raiola to comment on that...
:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Thing that really stood out at me yesterday was the defense.  Top to bottom, this is the Pats best defense since the mid 2000s.  They're doing a heckuva job of stopping the run and the secondary is coming together real well.  The Browner/Revis combo has been outstanding.  Revis has been worth every dime.   Hightower is really taking things to another level as of late also. 

This an extremely balanced football team right now.  Excelling in all three levels of the game.  I really think their biggest opponent will be injuries.  Getting homefield would be huge.  Just stay healthy and this team is certainly equipped to go all the way. 

Sunday can't come soon enough.  Game of the year. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Keep it classy, Detroit.

Related, here's Bruschi's take:
you know you absolutely beat someone up when they get frustrated like that, and they decide to be tough when the game is over. You want to fight now? You want to come strong now? The game is over and now you want to talk trash and have this energy? What happened when the game was going on? We used to call these guys "fake tough guys" in the locker room. I get emotional about this because people still get mad about "running up the score" -- this isn't Pop Warner, this isn't high school, this even college. This is professional football. The games are played once a week. Defensively, we always knew our job was stop the offense and if we couldn't get that done, it was our fault. If you can't stop a team and they're scoring 50 points on you, whose fault is that. That's all I have to say.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/51387

I'd love to get Raiola to comment on that...
:)
Tedy is the man.

I am worried about all those turned ankles, though. And LaFell's arm.

Hightower is really taking things to another level as of late also.
Hightower has really surprised me. Last year, he looked like he couldn't do anything well enough: couldn't rush, could barely stop the run, huge liability in coverage... This season he comes in, takes over for Mayo and the defense doesn't skip a beat.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2014, 09:39:36 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Bills laying a total and absolute smackdown on the Jets.
Buy Bye Rex Ryan.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2014, 09:53:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Good health is what it's all about.  Would love to see the Pats get a full game cushion for the top seed.  I know BB is always reluctant to rest players, but I think he'd at least play Gronk light in week 17 if the Pats were to clinch the top seed early.

On another note, the Miami-Denver game is an intersting one ot watch.  Should the Dolphins win (leading 7-3 early), the Broncos are in a dogfight for their division -- and maybe even for the playoffs.   But a Dolphins win puts pressure on the Pats to win on the upcoming road trip at GB and then SD.  Given Miami's Week 1 victory over NE, the Pats nay be in a little danger from the surprising Dolphins.

Agreed.  If we are healthy, hard to see any other team stopping us. Best balanced team I can remember.

« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
'Skins fan here.  (I know, it's a Pats thread)

Have to say I'm absolutely disgusted with the team right now.  Dan Snyder grossly overpaid to get RGIII as the franchise savior and now they're benching him.  knew that trade would come back to kill the franchise and here we are, yet another season wasted because we gave up so many picks that would have restocked the franchise.

I'm not faulting RGIII for this mess but Snyder's incompetence just infuriates me.

« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Patriots extend Matthew Slater.  Good move.  He's having another Pro Bowl caliber season on special teams.  One of the best, if not the best, gunners in the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/26/report-patriots-extend-matthew-slaters-contract-through-2016/

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team