Author Topic: 2014 Patriots Football  (Read 48299 times)

Re: 2014 Patriots Football
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Man this has been a great off-season.

Love all the signings and Lafell is that long (6'2) outside receiver we need so bad.

Britt has always been very talented but kind of a knucklehead. May be a good buy-low guy.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2014, 09:33:27 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Lafell should be interesting. Does he reach his potential with Brady tossing him the ball?
It'll be interesting to see. That's for sure.
Would love to see some depth signings at DE and LB next. I was hoping for Jared Allen but that's not gonna happen(he seems to want $10m per yr or will retire).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2014, 10:13:33 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Any details on Edelman's contract yet?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 10:23:46 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Lafell should be interesting. Does he reach his potential with Brady tossing him the ball?
Would love to see some depth signings at DE and LB next. I was hoping for Jared Allen but that's not gonna happen(he seems to want $10m per yr or will retire).
Yeah, the LB situation certainly needs attention. Spikes and Fletcher left, and Mayo will be coming off of a major injury. I guess they really like Collins.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Yeah, the LB situation certainly needs attention. Spikes and Fletcher left, and Mayo will be coming off of a major injury. I guess they really like Collins.

Yes it seems they like Collins.
There are still good quality "depth" players to be had in FA, if the Pats want.
I imagine they'll resign Wendell and Blount.
C. Clemons, a former safety from Miami might be a nice pickup.
Not sure about who is remaining at DL and LB -- but for both of those, I expect the Pats are mostly looking for depth/ competition at the position.
I wouldn't be shocked if Wilfork returns, plays out the last year of his contract, then leaves.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2014, 12:52:25 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Edelman deal;  4 years, $17 million base, $2 million more in incentives, and $8 million in guaranteed.

Per Mike Garafolo.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2014, 12:56:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Edelman deal;  4 years, $17 million base, $2 million more in incentives, and $8 million in guaranteed.

Per Mike Garafolo.

That seems more than reasonable for the Welker...errr, I mean Edelman. Hopefully Amendola feels more comfortable as part of the line up, Gronkowski gets healthy, and our young wrs continue to grow. I know there are a couple of pieces to figure out, but I don't see any reason [injuries aside] why a repeat of the AFC championship won't happen again (of course the Pats win this time).

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2014, 01:03:37 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Everyday the Patriots are knocking off their needs. Their defense could end up being elite if they are able to keep Wilfork or replace him with more of a penetrating dt type like Aaron Donald. If they could bring in a top level safety that would help as well.

On offense, I don't think we can count on Gronkowski to stay healthy at this point. This team will only be successful offensively if they can maintain the run game, when Brady has to drop back 45 times and throw to Edelman, Amendola (when healthy), LaFell, Dobson and Vereen it could be a struggle. Would love to see them draft an impact receiver or tight end, then again with a strong defense, scoring points at a really high rate becomes less necessary.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2014, 04:30:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
That seems more than reasonable for the Welker...errr, I mean Edelman.
It's funny though how essentially the same situation turned out so differently. I wonder whether it was the team or the player that handled it differently this time.

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2014, 06:01:56 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Patriots reportedly called Eagles for DeSean Jackson trade.

WEEI ‏@WEEI  5m
Report: Patriots have inquired about wide receiver DeSean Jackson http://dlvr.it/59ry9c

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

WEEI ‏@WEEI  5m
Report: Patriots have inquired about wide receiver DeSean Jackson http://dlvr.it/59ry9c

Fascinating.  DeSean doesn't have the size many covet, but his speed and overall ability can't be denied.  He'd be a great weapon.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2014, 06:14:29 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

WEEI ‏@WEEI  5m

Fascinating.  DeSean doesn't have the size many covet, but his speed and overall ability can't be denied.  He'd be a great weapon.

He's certainly talented but can be a headcase.

He's also comes with a pretty ridiculous contract. 

I'm sure the Pats are doing their due dilligence here but I'm not sure how much more there is to it.   At least at that cost.    The cost is probably along the lines of a 2nd or 3rd rounder AND you have to take on 10M + base.

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

WEEI ‏@WEEI  5m

I'm sure the Pats are doing their due dilligence here but I'm not sure how much more there is to it.   At least at that cost.    The cost is probably along the lines of a 2nd or 3rd rounder AND you have to take on 10M + base.

I realize these things don't happen in the NFL, but what about Jackson for Wilfork with both players agreeing to renogotiate with their new team.  Pats can sweeten with Amendola if eagles bite on his value.   I thin k the Eagles would love a nose tackle and one as good as Vince would be gravy.  Draft picks can even things out one way or the other.  Yes, I know.

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

WEEI ‏@WEEI  5m

I realize these things don't happen in the NFL, but what about Jackson for Wilfork with both players agreeing to renogotiate with their new team.  Pats can sweeten with Amendola if eagles bite on his value.   I thin k the Eagles would love a nose tackle and one as good as Vince would be gravy.  Draft picks can even things out one way or the other.  Yes, I know.

Maybe its beyond repair at this point but I'd rather see the Pats try to work something out with Wilfork and address other areas of concern via FA right now like defensive line, interior offensive line, and safety. 

I'm just not enamored enough with Jackson to the point where you wrap up that much salary in him & at the WR position in general. 

I don't think WR was what was keeping them from advancing last year.  It was an underperforming defense at the end as well as injury decimination.    I think WR issue has always been overblown.

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

WEEI ‏@WEEI  5m

Maybe its beyond repair at this point but I'd rather see the Pats try to work something out with Wilfork and address other areas of concern via FA right now like defensive line, interior offensive line, and safety. 

I'm just not enamored enough with Jackson to the point where you wrap up that much salary in him & at the WR position in general. 

I don't think WR was what was keeping them from advancing last year.  It was an underperforming defense at the end as well as injury decimination.    I think WR issue has always been overblown.

With a healthy Gronk and a contributing Amendola, I am sure you are correct about the needs at receiver.  But what are the odds that those two (and Edelman for that matter) stay healthy?