Author Topic: Next years C's with an Old celtic twist!  (Read 5160 times)

Next years C's with an Old celtic twist!
« on: March 12, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »

Offline scottdalot32

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
Our Roster next year:

Rondo/Mack
Sefolosha/Morrow
Hayward/Pierce
Love/KO
Perkins/Humpheries

FA signings (not sure if the money will work)-

Shelvin Mack (Knows Stevens offense, good back up PG)
Morrow (surround Rondo with shooters)
Pierce (vet min to come back and mentor this young team.
Re-sign Humpheries

Trades:

Sign/Trade Avery Bradley, Sullinger, Bogans BOS 2014 1st Rd Pick (and 2016 pick if necessary) for Kevin Love

Bass, Joel Anthony for Perkins and sign and trade Sefolosha.

Jeff Green and fillers/pick for Gordon Hayward.

Not sure if the Free agent signings of Mack, Pierce, Humpheries and Morrow would be possible.

Haven't posted in a while, so hopefully this one isn't too bad lol.. Have a good one.

Re: Next years C's with an Old celtic twist!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 09:59:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That team would be baaaaaaad.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I approve this thread

Nice lineup

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:15:34 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
That team gets 50 wins and knocked out of the 2nd round of the east every year.  If we were in the western conference we would struggle to make the playoffs.

I'd rather keep rebuilding and build up a solid core of young prospects a la OKC.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That team gets 50 wins and knocked out of the 2nd round of the east every year. 

The lateral quickness in that frontcourt could be bested by a couple of sleepy water buffalo.

The only truly reliable outside shooter in the starting lineup is Love.

I think that team would hover around .500 all season, assuming perfect health.  Which is assuming a lot, given that nobody on the roster is anywhere close to an iron man in terms of injury history.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 06:16:05 AM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Our Roster next year:

Rondo/Mack
Sefolosha/Morrow
Hayward/Pierce
Love/KO
Perkins/Humpheries

FA signings (not sure if the money will work)-

Shelvin Mack (Knows Stevens offense, good back up PG)
Morrow (surround Rondo with shooters)
Pierce (vet min to come back and mentor this young team.
Re-sign Humpheries

Trades:

Sign/Trade Avery Bradley, Sullinger, Bogans BOS 2014 1st Rd Pick (and 2016 pick if necessary) for Kevin Love

Bass, Joel Anthony for Perkins and sign and trade Sefolosha.

Jeff Green and fillers/pick for Gordon Hayward.

Not sure if the Free agent signings of Mack, Pierce, Humpheries and Morrow would be possible.

Haven't posted in a while, so hopefully this one isn't too bad lol.. Have a good one.
No thank you. Not even 1 of those moves
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I make those trades in a heartbeat. That team would be fighting for home court in the east with ease.

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 06:10:01 AM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
I make those trades in a heartbeat. That team would be fighting for home court in the east with ease.
Really?!? They're fighting for a playoff position, not home court. And if you really think we're going to make this many moves (and not effect team chemistry) you really are kidding yourself. This is not NBA 2k where you can trade your whole roster bar 1 player and win a championship the next season

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:48 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 09:29:42 AM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
Really?!? They're fighting for a playoff position, not home court. And if you really think we're going to make this many moves (and not effect team chemistry) you really are kidding yourself. This is not NBA 2k where you can trade your whole roster bar 1 player and win a championship the next season

I don't have feelings one way or the other re: this post, but I would like to point out that Danny pretty much traded away the entire roster and one a championship the next year in '07-'08.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 09:30:17 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I approve this thread

Nice lineup

I second that.

It be great to have Pierce/Perk back and getting Love.....we all know how awesome that would be.

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 10:16:47 AM »

Offline nzea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2

Yeah! Everyone knows you can't make major trades and win a championship the following season. That's not the Celtic Way!

Wait a minute...

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Yeah! Everyone knows you can't make major trades and win a championship the following season. That's not the Celtic Way!

Wait a minute...
;D

Only works if you trade for good players, though. Not Kendrick Perkins.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 09:32:21 PM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla

Wait a minute...
Trade the roster for KG and RAllen or trade the roster for KLove and Perkins... there's no comparison there. If you have any other examples of teams trading their whole roster and winning a championship soon after, please point it out because I believe the C's trades for KG and RAllen were outliers. Far from the norm.

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 10:03:42 PM »

fitzhickey

Can you imagine this team going up against a team with a quick front court?

Anthony Davis would hop faster than these guys can run.

Lebron and Bosh vs Love and Perk? I don't know about you but that matchup makes me cringe.