Author Topic: Calling out CelticsBlog for hyperbole... ;-)  (Read 2038 times)

Calling out CelticsBlog for hyperbole... ;-)
« on: March 11, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
... especially the Facebook page and part of one of our recent front page articles. 

I mean this good-naturedly, and I post this mostly to tease our hard-working staff members, but these two comments gave me pause recently:

Facebook:

Rondo + Green = Magic + Worthy?

wsjy:

Early in the preseason last year, Scalabrine compared Green to James Worthy.  At the time, White Mamba saw similarities in their game: the quickness with which bother players attacked the rim and the feather touch they had going at full speed.  Almost two years later, the comparison couldn't be more accurate.  Just as Magic sparked Worthy's game, the same can be said about Rondo's effect on Jeff Green.

Don't do it, guys!  Stop with the insanity! 

Rondo ≠ Magic, and Green ≠ Worthy.

James Worthy is a six-time all-star (twice All-NBA) who won three titles and a college championship.  He was one of the most efficient players of his era, had the nickname "Big Game", and is in the Hall of Fame.

Jeff Green is a zero time all-star who seems to have issues with his motor / aggressiveness.  His career high in points per game is lower than Worthy's career averages.  He's never finished in the top 10 in any statistical category other than games played (once) and minutes (once).  He certainly doesn't have a reputation for being clutch, and the only way he'll see the Hall of Fame is with a ticket.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:26:05 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes