Author Topic: If Cs dont land top 4 who says no to this trade (idea)  (Read 4814 times)

If Cs dont land top 4 who says no to this trade (idea)
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:41:14 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Draft day trade assuming the following

Cs get 6th pick top 5 goes Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Vonleh and #18 (from nets)

Magic get picks #3 (Parker) and #12

Cs trade the rights to #6 Marcus Smart, #18 and Bogans,( possibly more cap filler Anthony?)

Magic Trade Aaron Afflalo, #12, and Harkless

Celtics,
This trade runs the risk of placing the Cs in the middle of the pack. If they can follow up with a deal for Asik (or another defensive center then I think they have a nice team for the next 3 years. They do this without mortgaging the future as they will still have a young group of AB(if resigned), Sully, KO and Harkless. The #12 pick should be a solid prospect in this draft.

Magic,
This trade puts their backcourt in place for the foreseeable future. Smart and Oladipo should be a great paring giving this team a physical defensive minded identity. Add to this the addition of Parkers offense and Vucevics inside presence and rebounding and this team is set up very nicely. At #18 Harrell would be a great fit as would Payne or Grant. They would pair with Nicholson so play big minutes right off the bat at the 4 spot.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: If Cs dont land top 4 who says no to this trade (idea)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:59:33 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I like the deal because I really like Afflalo.

You can never have enough scorers, especially when Rondo isn't a scoring point guard.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 12:16:03 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
BOS says no.  Quickly.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
BOS says no.  Quickly.

Agreed.

I'd rather just take Aaron Gordon and let Ron Adams works his jumpshot magic on him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think this is a VERY interesting trade.  I am not sure if I would say no or not, but I would have to think hard about it.

If Danny is not sold on anyone at #6, then getting a guy like Afflalo would be a really good step for this team.  I think he would be a great fit on this roster, and could go a long way in helping them build a TEAM. 

The only problem I have with this deal is Afflalo's contract.  He just has one year left, and then will be looking for a big raise. 

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I think this is a VERY interesting trade.  I am not sure if I would say no or not, but I would have to think hard about it.

If Danny is not sold on anyone at #6, then getting a guy like Afflalo would be a really good step for this team.  I think he would be a great fit on this roster, and could go a long way in helping them build a TEAM. 

The only problem I have with this deal is Afflalo's contract.  He just has one year left, and then will be looking for a big raise.

I will have to agree with your comments on his contract, I thought he was signed thru 2016 but looks like last year is a player option.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'd rather just keep Marcus Smart, honestly.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 01:00:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Afflalo and Asik seem like perfect trade targets for Ainge this offseason: quality starters with (virtually) expiring contracts that make the team much more competitive in the short term but leave the books clear for 2015.

I'd be very happy to land both, if the price is right.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 01:07:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
No. Afflalo is not a guy you trade a cost controlled lottery pick I an epic draft for. Not even close.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 01:08:33 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
No. Afflalo is not a guy you trade a cost controlled lottery pick I an epic draft for. Not even close.

Not if you're also getting the #12 and Harkless, who's also locked in on a rookie deal?

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Not if you're also getting the #12 and Harkless, who's also locked in on a rookie deal?

Still no, unless you are sure that the guy you really want from the 6th pick is still there at 12. That is the only way I would do it. If Ainge would take Gordon or Saric at 6 for example, and he knows that player will be there at 12, then ok. Otherwise if you think Smart is the best plays at 6, which I do, then you take him and keep him. Harkless has been very dissappointing, I don't see him as much of an asset.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 01:16:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Still no, unless you are sure that the guy you really want from the 6th pick is still there at 12. That is the only way I would do it. If Ainge would take Gordon or Saric at 6 for example, and he knows that player will be there at 12, then ok. Otherwise if you think Smart is the best plays at 6, which I do, then you take him and keep him. Harkless has been very dissappointing, I don't see him as much of an asset.

I don't disagree. It would depend on Ainge's draft board.

I definitely could see Ainge slide down in this draft in order to make some hay.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
How about if Orlando takes Embiid. Now the trade is for Vucevic. The other thing to remember from Orlando's view is that Ennis could be available at 12.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

This draft is "epic" in that the top 4 picks are all #1s in an average draft. After that the draft comes down to earth. Randle, Vonleh, Gordan and Smart are all great prospects but not sure thing allstars. These guy are maybe better then your average drafts 5-8 prospects. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 02:26:32 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
This deal is tempting. If those 5 players are gone, it'd be an option to consider.

Afflalo is a solid all around player, who has become one of the top long range shooters/scorers in the league this year. Another caveat is that he's improved every year since he's been in the NBA. His ceiling seems to be a #3-4 option on a contender (about in line with JG). You're still without a #1 option (on a legitimate contender) and a Center.

It depends how one evaluates the potential of the available players, how strongly you evaluate the evaluation, and if it is a strong possibility to get that player at #12.

The perceived potential/value of the players available at #6 usually wins out over the sure thing in this discussion, but you have to take this into strong consideration.