Author Topic: Possible trade idea BOS-PHI  (Read 3269 times)

Possible trade idea BOS-PHI
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:48:58 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
The 76ers have a very high chance if getting the first pick in the draft. I know we are on a 2 game win streak but say the balls finally fall our way and we end up with say the 3rd pick. It goes PHI, MIL, BOS.  What do you think it would take philly to swap with us? They have Noel I believe as their center of the future and I don't think he's going to play PF for them.  They need a sf and a sg at 3 they would have the choice of Parker wiggins or exum which I think they would be happy with. We would take Embiid and get the center of the future and possibly the next great Celtic. We have a ton more assets to offer than Milwaukee and I think they would be satisfied with anyone other than who they have? I really don't know how to determine the value we should give up. I guess first would you do it? And second what would it take to do it?

Ps: Say the 76rs take Parker at 3. And let's say young from Kentucky the lineup of MCW, Young, Parker, Th.Young, Noel would be one of the youngest highest potential teams in the league.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: Possible trade idea BOS-PHI
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:09:37 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
And second what would it take to do it?

I'd guess that Sullinger and another (unprotected) first round pick would be a plausible asking price.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 03:12:59 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
And second what would it take to do it?

I'd guess that Sullinger and another (unprotected) first round pick would be a plausible asking price.

I'd hate to give him up. But to get Embiid it would be worth it. Olynk and Embiid could make a good future pairing. What about Olynk our 2nd first (17) and another future unprotected first.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 05:32:48 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
If the order were 76ers- Bucks- Celtics, I would trade them nothing to move up to #1.  In that scenario you get Embiid at #3 anyways, so there is no need to trade up. 

If you assume Embiid has to go 1 or 2, then you are basically trading Jabari Parker and 2 first round picks for Embiid, in which case I would jump off a tall building.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 05:44:46 AM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
If the order were 76ers- Bucks- Celtics, I would trade them nothing to move up to #1.  In that scenario you get Embiid at #3 anyways, so there is no need to trade up. 

If you assume Embiid has to go 1 or 2, then you are basically trading Jabari Parker and 2 first round picks for Embiid, in which case I would jump off a tall building.
Almost agree with you... I definitely wouldn't be willing to give up a 1st, a future unprotected 1st and Sully... not even, Oly with the picks... if Embiid is the player you want, you need to ensure he's there so would have to give something other than the #3 up but I wouldn't think it would be too much more
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 08:05:18 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If the C's get a top 3 pick, no need to make a deal.  any of the top 3 players in this draft would be welcome and none are such a sure shot to be dominant player that it would be worth swapping one for another AND throw in more assets to boot. 

If we're fortunate enough to get #3, take whoever falls to us and rejoice in our good luck to get one of Embiid/Parker/Wiggins.

taking it a step further, I don't see any team getting a top 3 pick trading out of the top 3 so I don't see any chance of trading number 4 to move up unless we're absolutely reckless and send it with Rondo.

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 08:42:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I wouldn't mind trading a non-top 3 lottery pick to Philly for Nerlens Noel.

Noel would be a great fit alongside Sully and Olynyk.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 10:09:23 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
If the C's get a top 3 pick, no need to make a deal.  any of the top 3 players in this draft would be welcome and none are such a sure shot to be dominant player that it would be worth swapping one for another AND throw in more assets to boot.

THIS.

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 10:14:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
They just trade as many decent players as they could to get 2nd rounders so they could be completely awful.

They are not going to trade out of the 1st slot.

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 11:52:49 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If we land pick #3, I'm not trading up.  Losing Sullinger is not worth moving up.  I'm perfectly happy with any of Parker/Wiggins, Embiid.

If Embiid gets taken #1, we are guaranteed either Parker or Wiggins.
Then let Danny work his magic and try to trade some of our remaining picks/assets for a starting 5 player.