Author Topic: Pistons (24-38) at Celtics (21-41) Game #63 3/9/14  (Read 22878 times)

Re: Pistons (24-38) at Celtics (21-41) Game #63 3/9/14
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Larrybird33

Must be ready to throw himself off a bridge  ;D

eh we're still one of the worst records in bball... it could change but if we're winning with good play like this so be it. Still hoping the ping pong balls go our way however, but man does Klynyk look like a different player or what?

« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2014, 09:10:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Larrybird33

eh we're still one of the worst records in bball... it could change but if we're winning with good play like this so be it. Still hoping the ping pong balls go our way however, but man does Klynyk look like a different player or what?
agreed - Klynyk looks so much more confident and assertive on the court since the AS break.

« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
we're tied with four teams for the 4th worst record...Pacers coming up on tuesday!

« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Fun to watch and I knew we had this

« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Larrybird33

agreed - Klynyk looks so much more confident and assertive on the court since the AS break.

A 7 ft who can play like this is a great thing to see... his stats these last five or so games have been excellent. A pf/c with pg skills and shooting ability, DA was definitely on to something

« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Larrybird33

he'll console himself by thinking this performance will boost Rondo's trade value on draft night  ::)
I've been saying for the past couple weeks that we're on the verge of a win streak.

Rondo has been exceptional.

Wallace injury cleared up some roster logjams.

Oly and Sully are starter-minutes away from blowing up.

Green and Rondo are finally played well together.

Lots of bad teams left on the schedule.

Plenty other teams will be resting up for the playoffs.

2 wins moved us from #4 pick to #7.  Couple more we'll be at #10.  Few more and we're a playoff team.

I think the tank battle is already lost.  Our team is going to stumble into a mediocre draft pick.  Good news is that Ainge knows what he's doing and we'll have plenty of opportunity to build around Rondo and improve this team this summer. 

Slamtheking, trading Rondo only made sense in that it would prevent what we're about to see... picking 9-15 in the draft.   It would have net us some young assets, improved our pick chances and locked up a full-scale rebuild.  At this point, I don't see the point in trading for Rondo.  He'll be here long-term...  at least until 2015 when he flees our crap team for the Knicks.

« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2014, 09:30:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Larrybird33

he'll console himself by thinking this performance will boost Rondo's trade value on draft night  ::)
I've been saying for the past couple weeks that we're on the verge of a win streak.

Rondo has been exceptional.

Wallace injury cleared up some roster logjams.

Oly and Sully are starter-minutes away from blowing up.

Green and Rondo are finally played well together.

Lots of bad teams left on the schedule.

Plenty other teams will be resting up for the playoffs.

2 wins moved us from #4 pick to #7.  Couple more we'll be at #10.  Few more and we're a playoff team.

I think the tank battle is already lost.  Our team is going to stumble into a mediocre draft pick.  Good news is that Ainge knows what he's doing and we'll have plenty of opportunity to build around Rondo and improve this team this summer. 

Slamtheking, trading Rondo only made sense in that it would prevent what we're about to see... picking 9-15 in the draft.   It would have net us some young assets, improved our pick chances and locked up a full-scale rebuild.  At this point, I don't see the point in trading for Rondo.  He'll be here long-term...  at least until 2015 when he flees our crap team for the Knicks.
have some faith LB.

C's will end up 5th-7th pick.  not impossible to win the lottery or to get top 3.  happens quite a bit regardless of the stats/percentages.

if we're out of the top 3, I'd be stunned if Danny doesn't move the pick for a good young player and another pick later in the draft. 

2015 we'll probably still stink and get another lotto pick.    Danny will either use it on a stud player or move it for another good young player.  Rondo resigns for the best money plus he sees the improving direction of the team and wants to stay.

a sure thing?  no.  but not much of a stretch either