Author Topic: Bulls will try to get Melo this summer  (Read 10365 times)

Re: Bulls will try to get Melo this summer
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 10:35:01 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Melo to the Bulls would be a scary team. I'd see them challenging the Heat, just because the Bulls have always been a tough out and for all their top notch defense, what they've lacked is consistent scoring.
- LilRip

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 12:50:02 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Melo to the Bulls would be a scary team. I'd see them challenging the Heat, just because the Bulls have always been a tough out and for all their top notch defense, what they've lacked is consistent scoring.

Melo and Derrick Rose, with a top center like Noah has a decent shot of working out like Melo and Amare, with a top center like Chandler.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 01:58:44 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Looks like Noah is on the prowl, trying to recruit Melo.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/report-joakim-noah-recruiting-carmelo-anthony-to-chicago-bulls/

IF this happens, does this make Chicago a top 3 seed in the East or are they going to be just like the Knicks are now?

A fringe playoff or a team on the outside looking in with no real upward movement.

Suppose alot of it would depend on Rose's health.
I can't stand Melo, but if they get him without giving up anything, they will obviously not be like the Knicks now. They regularly exceed expectations under Thibs, whether healthy and leading the league in wins, or missing Rose and still easily making the playoffs.

Noah is much better than Chandler and NY has had no one like Rose.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 02:17:01 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Assuming Rose comes back to be the same player he was is...a huge assumption. For his sake, I hope he does, but I think the odds of that happening are low, particularly given how much his game revolved around his athleticism. That might influence Melo. If Rose is still an All-Star, I can see them doing some damage, but if he's anything below that, the Bulls would be a dark horse contender at best (still pretty good, but not unlikely to unseat Indy or Miami).

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 03:49:56 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
NY has had no one like Rose.

Amare has had more games/minutes than Rose for three straight seasons, so I suppose it would be silly to compare them.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 07:27:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am glad it is not us.  I know his numbers are the same as PP but mentally he is not the same guy.   Could not lead a shark to water.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 07:52:04 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
while i'm not the biggest melo fan...ok i'm just not a melo fan at all. how can I be when the guy goes from Denver to NY and actually expects to have a better chance of winning there? I just question his intelligence.

but, I have to admit melo, rose, Anthony is a pretty good start to a line up.

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 08:03:02 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am disappointed because it looks like if Melo does opt out, Boston will not be on his list of preferred destinations ???

Back to the original point, yeah I think if Melo goes to Chicago, that becomes a real scary team.

Melo has never had a defensive minded coach like Thibs before and unlike Denver and New York, Chicago could be exactly what Melo is looking for.

I can also see a deal being worked out where the Bulls trade some combo of Boozer's expiring, Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Tony Snell, draft picks in a S/T deal for Melo.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 08:12:52 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
just three years ago, the Bulls were the #1 team in the East with basically only Rose as their star(and a defensive minded team by thibs.

I think if they got melo they would easily be a top 3 team. Indiana, Miami, Bulls

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 08:46:26 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
just three years ago, the Bulls were the #1 team in the East with basically only Rose as their star(and a defensive minded team by thibs.

I think if they got melo they would easily be a top 3 team. Indiana, Miami, Bulls
The question is, does Melo compromise their defense. I can't imagine he'd do so anymore than Boozer does. Then the other question is does Rose ever come back as a plus player?

Either way I can see why the Bulls want Melo.

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 09:08:53 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

The question is, does Melo compromise their defense. I can't imagine he'd do so anymore than Boozer does. Then the other question is does Rose ever come back as a plus player?

Either way I can see why the Bulls want Melo.

That's the ultimate x-factor in the whole situation, DRose's health.

With Melo supposedly wanting to play with Rondo, maybe we could get really creative here and some sort of scenario gets worked out where:

Bulls deal Rose, Dunleavy and a 1st rounder to the Knicks for Melo.
Celts then deal Rondo to the Bulls for Taj Gibson, Boozer's expiring and another future 1st rounder.

Or maybe I don't know what the hell I am talking about :)

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 09:10:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah that entire package of trades doesn't make any sense for Boston, or even the Knicks. No one wants Rose at his current contract with his health issues.

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 10:36:27 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I am disappointed because it looks like if Melo does opt out, Boston will not be on his list of preferred destinations ???

Back to the original point, yeah I think if Melo goes to Chicago, that becomes a real scary team.

Melo has never had a defensive minded coach like Thibs before and unlike Denver and New York, Chicago could be exactly what Melo is looking for.

I can also see a deal being worked out where the Bulls trade some combo of Boozer's expiring, Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Tony Snell, draft picks in a S/T deal for Melo.

Thibs would last about half a season in Chicago with the snitchster on his team.  The snitchster and Thibs is an absolute trainwreck.  Worst than los Nash and Howard in LA. The snitchster has a los Nash-type disdain for defense that nobody... Thibs,  Noah or anybody else can cover for. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:50:36 AM by Finkelskyhook »

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 11
ut, I have to admit melo, rose, Anthony is a pretty good start to a line up.

Isn't Melo and Anthony the same person??

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 11:02:49 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
ut, I have to admit melo, rose, Anthony is a pretty good start to a line up.

Isn't Melo and Anthony the same person??

Maybe Melo has got split personality disorder ;D