Author Topic: Rondo to Seattle? (Bucks idea)  (Read 2656 times)

Rondo to Seattle? (Bucks idea)
« on: March 06, 2014, 01:39:44 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Milwaukee sucks, but if Rondo thought they might be in a new arena in Seattle and he could be on this roster....

Sanders  (draft Embiid?)
Henson
Giannis
Mayo   (draft Wiggins/Parker?)
Rondo

Would he sign an extension with them?

Is Rondo for Ilayasova, their 2015 1st, and Brandon Knight worth it?  Obviously they wont trade their 2014, but maybe they would still be young enough that the 2015 pick would be decent for us?  Ilayasova is locked up for a while, would he be a good fit with Sullinger?  Or would he put up better numbers in a different system and be good trade bait for next year?

Re: Rondo to Seattle? (Bucks idea)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:45:10 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Rondo & their 2014 puck would make the 2015 pick we receive null & void as far as usefulness. That Buck team would go from cellar dwellers to the playoffs. And I'm thinking top 4-5 possibly in the East.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:56:20 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Rondo & their 2014 puck would make the 2015 pick we receive null & void as far as usefulness. That Buck team would go from cellar dwellers to the playoffs. And I'm thinking top 4-5 possibly in the East.
Unless they draft Parker, I don't think this would be the case at all.  They would still be a team with Rondo and a bunch of talented projects.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton

I think 4 or 5 in the East is on the high end.  Even if it is 5 in the East, where does that put the pick #18 or #19?  It could take Rondo a while to mesh with young teammates. 

If Rondo doesnt want to stick around, that may be a decent trade partner.  They have some young assets and they want to be relevant again.  If Rondo is leaving, Im sure Danny is all about picks, picks, and more picks. 

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:58:12 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Talk about burying the lead: do Bucks fans really think their team is going to be relocated to Seattle before next season?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 02:04:20 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
it wont be next season but their lease runs out in 2017.  I think the group from Seattle is all over it. 

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If any team is moving, it's Milwaukee, but there's zero chance of it happening under the current ownership, and I doubt the senator will sell to a group that wants to move the franchise.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If any team is moving, it's Milwaukee, but there's zero chance of it happening under the current ownership, and I doubt the senator will sell to a group that wants to move the franchise.

Yeah, I've heard that he will only talk to investors who will keep the Bucks in Milwaukee.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 04:04:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I've always thought that teams in Milwaukee were kind of funny since Chicago is only 90 miles away. In the MLB, it's even stranger with two baseball teams in Chicago.

As for Rondo re-signing in Seattle, I just don't see it. The location would be pretty decent, but the team is still going to be pretty crappy, especially if they get re-located to the western conference. Also, I don't know about Ilyasova and a mid-first being worth our franchise player.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 04:11:22 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
It makes sense for Seattle to be a 3 sports town because they are much larger.  Milwaukee has baseball and the Packers are up there too.  They havent been relevant in a long time because no one wants to play there.

Who would move to the East?  Minnesota?  OKC?  Memphis?  I think it would be cool if they moved Memphis.

Boston, Philly, DC, New York, Brooklyn

Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Charlotte, Memphis

Chicago, Indiana, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto

Seattle, Portland, Denver, Utah, Minnesota

Dallas, Houston, Spurs, New Orleans, OKC

Pacific stays the same.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 04:15:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If the team is good, players will want to play there.

Example A: Indiana.

Also I'm pretty sure the league will have done away with divisions long before Seattle gets a pro basketball team.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:24:31 PM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.