Author Topic: Would you trade both of our 2014 1st picks for Embiid  (Read 15398 times)

Would you trade both of our 2014 1st picks for Embiid
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:07:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Magic and Bucks already have their Centers in place for the Future in Vucuvic and Sanders. Vucuvic for example is playing so well that replacing him with Embiid may end up not being an upgrade. Sanders this past off season just signed an extension and also no guarantee Embiid would necessarily be an upgrade. As for the 76rs rumor is that they are really big on Wiggins, and Noel is ready for next year

So if any of these teams get the 1st pick overall , and we draft 2-5th , would you trade the pick plus our 2nd 1st for Embiid??

On the flipside if these teams want to keep Embiid, would you trade 2-5th pick for Vucuvic or Sanders?

Unless we get a legit Center i don't see us going nowhere anytime soon. A center would help out Rondo and open things up for Green , if Danny wants to keep these two vets going fwd. 

The third option is using our 2nd 1st to try to pry Asik away from the Rockets. Though there is no guarantee he would sign an extension with us after next season.

Not many options i see otherwise to grab a legit starting Center starting next season

Re: Would you trade both of our 2014 1st picks for Embiid
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:09:51 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
No.

I'd rather keep the hypothetical 2nd-4th pick and go after Sanders with some of our other assets.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:11:15 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
The Magic and Bucks already have their Centers in place for the Future in Vucuvic and Sanders. Vucuvic for example is playing so well that replacing him with Embiid may end up not being an upgrade. Sanders this past off season just signed an extension and also no guarantee Embiid would necessarily be an upgrade. As for the 76rs rumor is that they are really big on Wiggins, and Noel is ready for next year

So if any of these teams get the 1st pick overall , and we draft 2-5th , would you trade the pick plus our 2nd 1st for Embiid??

On the flipside if these teams want to keep Embiid, would you trade 2-5th pick for Vucuvic or Sanders?

Unless we get a legit Center i don't see us going nowhere anytime soon. A center would help out Rondo and open things up for Green , if Danny wants to keep these two vets going fwd. 

The third option is using our 2nd 1st to try to pry Asik away from the Rockets. Though there is no guarantee he would sign an extension with us after next season.

Not many options i see otherwise to grab a legit starting Center starting next season

I don't see any team trading down in this draft... Embiid, if he pans out, would definitely be a huge upgrade to Vucuvic so the Magic would be foolish to not take him. Same for the Bucks. I think he goes #1 regardless of who drafts him.

Also, if DA trades the 2-5th pick for either Vucuvic or Sanders, he should be fired on the spot... or admitted into an asylum since he'd have obviously lost his mind

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I don't see any team trading down in this draft... Embiid, if he pans out, would definitely be a huge upgrade to Vucuvic so the Magic would be foolish to not take him. Same for the Bucks. I think he goes #1 regardless of who drafts him.

Also, if DA trades the 2-5th pick for either Vucuvic or Sanders, he should be fired on the spot... or admitted into an asylum since he'd have obviously lost his mind

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6478/nikola-vucevic

He is averaging a double double , pulling down monster rebounding numbers. Vucuvic is a really decent up and coming Center in the nba. Only will get better. Of course the trade for either Vucuvic or Sanders wouldn't just for our 2-5 pick and we would need to for example get the 12th from the Magic or get additional compensation from the Bucks, like Giannis.

I know for Parker or Wiggins Danny will have to think twice before making the trade but there are fans here who would definitely make the trade if we are in 4th-6th position.  A team like the bucks or magic would love to then grab Exum or Smart to balance their lineup

We need to also considere where Jeff Green fits into all of this. Tonight for example he was off. But what if Danny feels like if we have a legit Center, Jeff Green can consistently avg close to 20 a game?  He likes Wiggins or Parker but not enormed by them as he has said from the beginning

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:44 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
Absolutely

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 06:49:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He has had some back issues, I would want a medical opinion.

I doubt they (the other team) would though.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:48:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
He has had some back issues, I would want a medical opinion.

I doubt they (the other team) would though.

it's supposedly only a minor issue. He is just resting right now

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 07:53:15 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
not if one of them would get Wiggins or Parker and then the other team probably wouldn't do it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
not if one of them would get Wiggins or Parker and then the other team probably wouldn't do it.
Right.  If Ainge prefers Embid, he would make the offer though.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 08:41:59 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Right.  If Ainge prefers Embid, he would make the offer though.
I don't know if he would.  Embiid has a lot more question marks, even with due diligence, he is a much riskier pick than Wiggins or Parker.  Now sure if you have the 1st pick, you probably go with Wiggins, but if you have 2 or 3, plus a pick around 15-18, I'm not so sure you trade them both for Embiid.  You would have to really be sold on Embiid and not sold at all on Wiggins and Parker to make that move.

I think it is much more likely that Ainge would just trade the picks for an established star than trade them for the unknown.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 08:44:20 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17

it all depends on the respected teams Big Board and how the draft lottery plays out.  A team like Milwaukee would draft Embiid regardless of the Larry Sanders situation.  If they draft Embiid then Sanders becomes trade bait.  Simple as that.  Or they keep both players for a season as Embiid should be brought along slowly. 

Magic covet Wiggins and Exum with Vonleh being another player they really like if they drop a bit on lottery night. 

Philly likes Wiggins and Parker.  But if Embiid is the best available player when they draft then they will take Embiid and figure it out later. 

Boston likes Parker and Exum.  But Danny would not hesitate to draft Wiggins or Embiid if those were the best players left on the board.

Etc. etc. 

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 08:49:26 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
depends what our top pick is.  if it's 2 or 3 and we'll get one of Embiid, Parker or Wiggins, then no.  any of them would fill a hole in our line-up.  we could use the lower pick either by drafting BPA (we've got lots of holes to fill) or by trading it for a player that could help us.  Asik was mentioned as an option which wouldn't be too bad considering Brooklyn's pick is dropping down as the season wraps up. 
Draft Parker/Wiggins and trade Bass + Pick for Asik (or Green for Asik and future 1st)

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
I think I would honestly.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:15 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
Embiid is sought after not only because of his ability and upside but also because of what position and style he plays.  If you look across the league there aren't many Centers that can dominate on both ends of the floor.  Embiid has that type of potential. 

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:02:51 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Why a big? Yes we need length; but I think we need it at SG and PG.  Rondo is getting old. PGs take time to bring along.