Author Topic: Wall/Cousins  (Read 3970 times)

Wall/Cousins
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:16 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I keep hearing how free agents wont come to Boston.

Just an idea.  Wall and Cousins are locked up for a long time and they are only 23.  Why not throw all of these young players/draft picks at the Kings and Wiz and try to get two building blocks this summer instead of trying to be bad for another year or two?

Rondo + Clips Pick + future Nets pick + Sullnger for Cousins and change (Jason Thompson)?

Green + Bradley + our pick this year + our pick in 2016 for Wall? 

Or give them even more?   Im no Kentucky fan, but I did notice their two best teammates from 2010 are going to be free agents - Bledsoe and Patterson.  If we scraped up everything we had in cap space this summer, maybe Bledsoe could be had for 9 or 10 mil?   Patterson to the midlevel exception?

Cousins  J.Thompson
Patterson  Olynyk
Wallace 
Bledsoe   Nets/Hawks pick
Wall

Re: Wall/Cousins
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »

fitzhickey

That team is shallow, and I think we are overpaying for Demarcus

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Honestly, Cousins is a beast but I just don't see him in green. I don't think Danny or Stevens would want to work with someone with his attitude. Granted he's still young and could be worked with to get him to a more mature level, I just think they would go for someone else if they were going to spend that amount of money.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:52:02 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Cousins is super talented but I don't know if I want him on the Celtics.  He is a pathetic player when he meets any adversity and things aren't going his way.  His body language, facial expressions and constant whining are too much for me.

That core has the potential to be great, however.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
team is a joke tbh...while I like Wall and thinks he will be a great player in the future, I don't think that team's maturity level is ready. I think Wall is a type of player who just wants to have fun and not in it to win it. Rondo is, so I wouldn't want to trade for Wall. Cousins on the other hand to me, looks like a competitor who just needs the right talents and personnel to win. I'd trade Sullinger/fillers for Cousins to pair with Rondo. Again, I will not trade a 2014 lotto pick for Cousins though

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 05:51:16 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Just an idea.  Wall and Cousins are locked up for a long time and they are only 23.  Why not throw all of these young players/draft picks at the Kings and Wiz and try to get two building blocks this summer instead of trying to be bad for another year or two?

Rondo + Clips Pick + future Nets pick + Sullnger for Cousins and change (Jason Thompson)?

Or give them even more?   Im no Kentucky fan, but I did notice their two best teammates from 2010 are going to be free agents - Bledsoe and Patterson.  If we scraped up everything we had in cap space this summer, maybe Bledsoe could be had for 9 or 10 mil?   Patterson to the midlevel exception?

Cousins  J.Thompson
Patterson  Olynyk
Wallace 
Wall

Why would either team make those trades?  Both franchises have stated that these players are untradeable and they're building their franchises around them.

Rondo has already stated (supposedly) that he won't resign with the Kings so there goes that trade. 

And no way do the Wizards trade Wall for that little.  He's an All star and you're trading complimentary pieces (other than our #1)for him.  Plus they would then be starting over.  They are young and in better position going forward than us right now...     

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 07:31:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Wizards are not trading Wall for anything we can offer them.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Wall - no chance and not a good business.

4 picks + Sully for Cousins has a very slim chance of going through. But that's an offer you have to make if there is a possibility. The guys (and I mean just one of them) in this 2014 draft will very hardly be better than Cousins, may have a better head but not better balling.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 04:33:35 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
because the celtics have never loaded their team with Kentucky stars to recreate college success.

Greg

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 04:38:02 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
The Wizards are not trading Wall for anything we can offer them.
It wouldn't be a good move. No package would entice them to move Beal either, I imagine.

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 09:02:01 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
We could probably steal Otto Porter from them, but thats the only young guy theyd wanna trade us.
Greg

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 01:35:09 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
because the celtics have never loaded their team with Kentucky stars to recreate college success.

TP.  u got me there

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Cousins  J.Thompson
Patterson  Olynyk
Wallace 
Wall
must be me but I think you're way overpaying in both deals, especially Wall. 

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 05:37:51 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
The Wizards would never take another call from the Celtics again if that was the offer for John Wall.  He is untouchable. 

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 06:08:46 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
That team isn't a championship contender.  Pass.