Author Topic: Clint Capela  (Read 6621 times)

Re: Clint Capela
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Capella is a good draft and stash option.  High bust potential, but his measurements are similar to Anthony Davis.  He could be a very useful player on defense, similar to Sam dalembert or even serge Ibaka.  Could easily be another ekpe udoh, however.

Capela doesn't have that same broad shoulder/ torso frame. He looks more like a tall small forward, that plays PF. He was not a rim protecting factor at all in the game i watched.

Chris Wilcox 2.0.

Perhaps.  I'm always skeptical about the idea of judging a player based on one game, though.  Especially big men playing with unfamiliar teammates.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 11:34:16 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Fair enough. Yeah based on one game i didn't see the extent of his skills. And he is very young.

But the body frame is what it is. He has a skinny frame and narrow shoulders. He was tiny compared to the other 18 year old big men.

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 11:40:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I saw Capela play in the recent nike hoops summit game, and i was underwhelmed. He looks like Chris Wilcox 2.0 and definitely does not look like he has the size and frame to play center.

I might pick him at 17, but would more likely select one of the many wings that should be available.

Thats not good to hear.  His stock has been dropping on mock drafts as of late.

In the game, which players stood out for you??

Admittedly i mostly was just keeping a look out for him. I am not ready to evaluate next year's draft.  :P

Okafor is the real deal. He is like a bigger Sully or Al Jefferson.

He definitely is. I would probably take Okafor #1 overall in this draft. His game is reminiscent to Duncan's. He's so fundamentally sound. Plus, he's 6-11 and has a 7-6 wingspan.