Author Topic: Clint Capela  (Read 6623 times)

Clint Capela
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:56:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not sure what to think of this international prospect. Most scouting sites state his weakness as having mediocre iq, but from watching a recent highlight clip below, it looks better than mediocre.  He also looks like he can pass a little, and has a decent looking jump shot.  He is 6'11 and has a 7'4 + wingspan , 9'2 + reach and has very good leaping skills.  Supposedly is both a very good rebounder and a shot blocker.  Seeing the clip below, he is a shot blocking machine.

His stock will definitely rise after the NBA pre draft combine.  Some fans here like to draft him with our 2nd 1st. Not sure though he will be avaible by then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBeNz47nXTc

Re: Clint Capela
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Good alliteration. Would love to get a Bill Walton anecdote out of one of his plays.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:03:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Good alliteration. Would love to get a Bill Walton anecdote out of one of his plays.

Instead of talking jibber jabber, what do you think of this prospect?

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 12:25:12 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'm very intrigued by Capela. The Celtics are going have to address getting a legit rim protector this off season. He may not fill that void right away but 3-4 years down the line I can see him being quite an effective defender. His athletisism, length and quickness will make him a factor in the NBA but he's gotta get the fundamentals down. Also, he's got phenomenal rebounding instincts. I think he and Sully would compliment each other really well.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 35
Some mock draft has us taking him with our later first rounder and Exum withe the earlier. I wouldn't be mad at thag. I like the kid, and he has so much more to grow

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 07:49:17 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I saw Capela play in the recent nike hoops summit game, and i was underwhelmed. He looks like Chris Wilcox 2.0 and definitely does not look like he has the size and frame to play center.

I might pick him at 17, but would more likely select one of the many wings that should be available.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 07:53:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I saw Capela play in the recent nike hoops summit game, and i was underwhelmed. He looks like Chris Wilcox 2.0 and definitely does not look like he has the size and frame to play center.

I might pick him at 17, but would more likely select one of the many wings that should be available.

Thats not good to hear.  His stock has been dropping on mock drafts as of late.

In the game, which players stood out for you??

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 07:58:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Chad Ford recently wrote that his stock was hurt by an underwhelming performance at the Nike Hoop Summit.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 08:02:11 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

Admittedly i mostly was just keeping a look out for him. I am not ready to evaluate next year's draft.  :P

Okafor is the real deal. He is like a bigger Sully or Al Jefferson. Mudiay looks like a nice aggressive combo guard with good size. Everybody else mostly just showed flashes. It was also like a barely organized pickup game. Hard to evaluate a player beyond their raw ability. The game is on YouTube if you wanted to check it out.

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Admittedly i mostly was just keeping a look out for him. I am not ready to evaluate next year's draft.  :P

Okafor is the real deal. He is like a bigger Sully or Al Jefferson. Mudiay looks like a nice aggressive combo guard with good size. Everybody else mostly just showed flashes. It was also like a barely organized pickup game. Hard to evaluate a player beyond their raw ability. The game is on YouTube if you wanted to check it out.

Muddiay and Okafor stats look best from the boxscore. Both highly ranked players. I wouldn't be suprised if they go 1 and 2 for next years draft

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pass read he has low basketball IQ.  Swiss basketball?  Give me a break folks.

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 09:16:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Capella is a good draft and stash option.  High bust potential, but his measurements are similar to Anthony Davis.  He could be a very useful player on defense, similar to Sam dalembert or even serge Ibaka.  Could easily be another ekpe udoh, however.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
Capella is a good draft and stash option.  High bust potential, but his measurements are similar to Anthony Davis.  He could be a very useful player on defense, similar to Sam dalembert or even serge Ibaka.  Could easily be another ekpe udoh, however.

Capela doesn't have that same broad shoulder/ torso frame. He looks more like a tall small forward, that plays PF. He was not a rim protecting factor at all in the game i watched.

Chris Wilcox 2.0.

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 09:40:07 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

Muddiay and Okafor stats look best from the boxscore. Both highly ranked players. I wouldn't be suprised if they go 1 and 2 for next years draft

Those two dominated the high school all america game as well.  Myles Turner looked great in the McDs game as well, but not so much in the hoops summit, as he had some sort of nagging ankle injury or something.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 10:15:18 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

Those two dominated the high school all america game as well.  Myles Turner looked great in the McDs game as well, but not so much in the hoops summit, as he had some sort of nagging ankle injury or something.

I thought Winston Justice and Stanley Johnson looked good in that game too. I'll be keeping my eye on those two next season as well.